|Passive||Unique: On being hit by basic attacks, returns 30% of damage, before any reductions such as armor, as magic damage.|
|Menu||Defense > Armor|
|Item cost||2100g (1050g)|
- 100 armor = 2000g
- Total Gold Value = 2000g
- is gold efficient.
- For the item to be gold efficient, its passive must have a value of at least 100 gold.
- On being hit, Thornmail will reflect 30% of the physical damage dealt by the attacker, including most on-hit effects.
- Damage is reflected when hit by an attack, regardless of whether the attack deals damage. If the attacker is blinded, or the wearer is protected by a shield or invulnerability, damage will still be reflected.
- Abilities that apply on-hit effects, such as Blade Waltz, will trigger Thormail.
- If you have >233.3 effective armor, Thornmail will reflect more damage than you receive, assuming the attacker has 0 magic resist; if they have 30 magic resist, >333.3 armor is required.
- Thornmail is a particularly effective defensive option when facing down opponents whose damage is dealt primarily through autoattacks, or against opponents that utilize on-hit healing to survive fights (such as life steal).
- Unlike Molten Shield and Defensive Ball Curl, Thornmail's magic damage does not trigger spell effects.
- It is the only purchasable item in the tutorial.
- Currently, this item offers the largest amount of armor along with .