- Playing As
- Her allows to fire on targets at a great distance. Utilize this to prevent your enemies from ever laying a hand on you.
- Use after you have stacked up your on an enemy to finish them off with a burst of damage.
- Use to help stack up your on enemy champions.
- Playing Against
- If you see stun her and try to back off until the spell dissipates. activate in a fight,
- Stand away from your creeps in a lane to take less collateral damage from .
- Ability Usage
becomes extremely powerful later in the game, allowing to hit enemies from a greater distance than most.
- Because of this, is best placed in the back of a group or flanking enemies from the side.
can outrange most other ranged carries at level 16, making her a very strong pick if your team lacks hard CC and already has a wide array of slows.
- However, out-ranges by 31 range, by 41 range and by 181.
- All of skills have high cooldowns early on. Be wary of trading while they're on cooldown.
- Leveling early on is unadvised, since her low base Attack Damage early on the game can't make much use of the AS steroid. Wait until you buy some AD items such as a .
- is applied to the next autoattack's wait period - cast it right before an autoattack to squeeze as much as you can from the duration.
resets on kills or assists, you may use it to secure a kill and to either jump out of a deadly situation or jump again to set up another.
- The cost of is a bit high compared to her mana pool. Make sure you have enough mana to use it at all times.
- As many players tend to level up over , be mindful of its long cooldown at rank 1 as jumping into a bad situation without getting the reset may end up just getting you killed.
- can use abilities while in the air during . This allows a very strong and fast combo if you play her as an AP caster.
to leap over an enemy and then using to send them flying back to your allies or an allied turret can be very effective, but be careful about using the strategy in large team fights.
- Nexus on Summoner's Rift and Twisted Treeline. can also be used defensively, especially for jumping out of AoE abilities such as , as well as in and out of the base walls around the
- Be careful when using as it is considered a "dash", even though it is visually a "jump". This means that if you jump over a trap (like ) you will activate the trap and its effects.
- Likewise, this also means that many enemy abilities such as can interrupt your jump mid-flight if you're not careful.
- The passive of
is particularly useful in farming - if there are a lot of minions in a relatively confined area, killing one could burst the remaining minions and gain a lot of gold in a relatively short time, without the use of abilities.
- Combine this with and she can easily farm up and clear minion waves with an ease. Be aware that this may push your lane more than necessary and leave you open during the laning phase.
- In the early game, harassing enemies, as your autoattacks are weak early on and leaves you vulnerable at melee range.
's passive is your best method of
- can be used on turrets. Use this to your advantage when given the chance to push the lane.
- resets your auto attack animation, allowing you to sneak in another auto-attack to push trades in your favor. In addition, landing four autoattacks will automatically detonate the charge and deal large amounts of damage
- You can also detonate the charge by jumping into the enemy using after you have landed three autoattacks on them. This is useful if you are paired with a support that can lock down your target like , , , , and . However, keep in note that this is a high-risk/high-reward move and can put in a more vulnerable position.
- Due to the delay effect of , has the best synergy with . In addition, can effectively use his on to keep her alive if she jumps in with .
- Using a to move a disruptive caster such as , or away can give you a strong advantage in teamfights or ganks.
- will also interrupt channeled abilities such as , , or .
- can be used to push various groups of close enemies tightly packed together. Use this to help distance enemies from yourself when fleeing and can even knock them through small walls.
to escape and using while in mid-air can make sure that you escape.
- If timed correctly, can be used to interrupt some dashes such as or .
- Dragon and Baron Nashor for similar reasons as well. strength comes from her ability to destroy turrets quickly within mere seconds thanks to her and . In addition, she's also good at securing objectives such as
- Mastery Usage
- Item Usage
- attack damage, critical strike chance, life steal, On-hit effect items, attack speed, armor penetration, and cooldown reduction more necessary for her than some marksmen. skills become more relevant for their utility than their damage in the late-game, and she becomes incredibly auto-attack reliant, making
low base movement speed makes it difficult for her to chase enemies or to escape. This is especially prominent at low levels. Getting quickly is highly beneficial. Be sure to watch the enemy builds and pick the proper boot upgrade.
- A is a good item to build on , as it not only gives her some cooldown reduction, but synergizes well with her . After four basic attacks, the target would already have taken about 4 stacks of the item's passive and have taken even larger burst of damage thanks to the armor shred. It's best to land one or two basic attacks before landing the charge on your target.
- is another good item, as it not only gives some cooldown reduction, the item's active greatly synergizes well with and allow you to trigger 's charge as soon as possible.
- Combining , , and , she can easily obtain 40% cooldown reduction for her .
- is a extremely situational item to build on her. Its substantial cooldown reduction is beneficial for her , she can continuously proc 's passive for roughly every 7 seconds at higher ranks, and the passive can be useful when kiting enemies. However, has a low base Attack Damage, so 's passive is not as effective. There are a variety of attack speed items which also give critical strike chance, an important stat on , such as or which give movespeed for kiting.
- is not an escpecially great item for . While it gives mana sustain through critical hits, and also some cooldown reduction in conjunction with any attack speed and critical chance item, allowing her to use more often, relies mostly on her autoattacks and so is a better alternative.
- Be careful when picking
, as an enemy's blind can render you fairly useless. A can be used to counter blinding champions such as and to escape other hard CC.
- can later be upgraded into , which provides more attack damage for .
- Consider building
if you are dealing with tanks stacking or benefiting from a lot of health items, like or .
- some of her weak mid-game thanks to the passive that procs with her auto-attacks and the active adding additional self-peeling power with her and . also mitigates
- attack speed steroid and powerful attack range make especially cost efficient on her. high
- , while unconventional and lacks flat AD components, can be quite useful due to emphasis on basic attacks, with the extra MR providing her with defense against casters and the MR shred allowing her abilities to deal more damage. However, it should not be built until later since early game is weaker than most marksmen.
- is a great item on her due to the decent waveclear it can provide and synergy with 's passive and . It also increases 's damage output in teamfights as it allows her to hit multiple champions at once.
- Due to the high ratios on her abilities, AP can be built if your team requires an AP nuker, as well as an AP support due to being ranged with decent crowd control capabilities.
- Tristana loses her DPS potential with a full-AP build, but gains newfound burst damage to whittle down targets and in teamfights, she can potentially one-shot them. However, this type of build offers very risky gameplay, as Tristana must make sure to play safe due to lack of strong-auto attacks, as well as her general squishiness.
- is also great item for her AP build, as you can get in extra proc from your .
- Grievous Wounds to all of her AP ratio abilities and not just for her , and the cooldown reduction and mana regeneration also helps. is another great early game item for as it offers
- Rushing / can cause Tristana to dominate early game if possible, due to her high AP ratios.
- Like with , in combo with it can not only provide cooldown reduction and attack speed for Tristana to retain DPS, but due to the procs scaling off her AP, it can make up for her lost ADC style.
- is an AD-carry with massive base damage on 3 of her spells giving her a very powerful early game. However, when built AD, she does not have scaling for her burst abilities due to the lack of ability power, meaning her mid-game is a little weak. Abuse this, since late game is one of the closest to unstoppable in the entire league due to her massive range, AS-boost and peeling power of and her ultimate. DO NOT underestimate her though, as even with a "weak" mid-game, she can and does have decent burst when done right, and any decent player will be working to compensate for this.
- is notorious for her ability to reposition to safety with a well-placed . As this resets on kills and assists, having allies fall to her can make pinning her down difficult. It has a long cooldown otherwise, making it best to cripple her mobility or damage so she can't make use of it.
has a huge auto attack range when she reaches level 18 because of her ; avoid getting kited.
- Early game, her range is fairly short; use it to your advantage to harass her and deny her farm.
has a lot of burst damage from her abilities early on - buying early defenses along with having a way to escape her/peel her from you can hinder her from zoning or killing you at the early game. A target surviving her abilities being cast on them leaves her vulnerable to counter-attacks if they have the health or sustain to stick around.
- That being said, champions with larger burst combos such as , , and can win trades easier if the aggression is timed correctly.
- Standing near the brush can allow you to duck into it after she uses on you, avoiding a good follow-up from the rest of her abilities. As is the lynch-pin to her combo, she can then be attacked from range after escaping her without fear of reprisal while it is on cooldown.
- During the laning phase, try to bait out as she can only damage you with her auto-attacks and if she plans on saving to escape. It is optimal to force aggression on her after the duration since she does not have many options to retaliate aside from her support.
has no long-range poke abilities - having a champion that can do this can damage her freely.
- As the range of is very long, however, being a champion that can escape or having a partner that can peel that is likely also a requirement.
- is vulnerable to being hit by skillshots during the animation of (being essentially a very slow dash) and hard crowd control can stop the ability entirely while it is casting, returning her to where she started.
- Move away from a low health minion at early game to avoid the damage from her 's passive.
- mainly deals damage from her auto-attacks. and are good options to counter build against her, since it will greatly reduce her damage per second output. A will counter her damage, but generally is a less better option since it helps to defend only yourself.
- Try to not engage her when she can easily escape with her crowd control long enough to kill her. and off cooldown. The exception is when you can hold her in place with
- If AP, be very cautious and ward well as she may jump out of nowhere and one-shot you easily. Also, missing calls can prevent a lot of her potential ganks.
- In team fights, do not leave any squishy teammates in the front and prepare some CC for her all-in. Be sure to back away if your team have multiple low health allies. She may get multiple kills because the cooldown of resets whenever she gets a kill or assist.
- Purchasing a counter AP Tristana easily, as it negates one of her spells. Because AP Tristana is combo reliant and she has long cooldowns, if she can't kill you, she becomes useless for a time; if you negate one of her spells, a huge portion of her damage is gone.
and can effectively counter late game as their basic attacks not only outrange , they also have better lategame damage scaling than her.
- However, the best turret destroyer thanks to as well as incredibly good at securing objectives such Dragon and Baron Nashor. Combined with and reasonable attack damage and attack speed items such as , , and , she wither down a single turret's health to more than half it's health. Do not let anywhere near a turret. If is missing in action, chances are that she may be hiding somewhere and her team might be buying her time to effectively split-push and destroy a turret. is considered to be
- When laning against , try to push the wave because the passive of will damage minions and make it harder to farm under turret. She cannot freeze the wave easily because of this as well.