|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Trundle was designed by Geeves.
- The original Trundle was released on December 1st, 2010.
- Trundle is voiced by Joshua Tomar
- Trundle's champion title was previously "the Cursed Troll" but with the Freljord patch his background story got changed and is now known as "the Troll King".
- Definition of the verb "to trundle" is "to move along by or as if by rolling" or rather "to roll", sounding similarly to his species (troll).
- Since his introduction, Trundle went nearly two years before being subject to balance changes to any of his skills or stats. He was finally given changes in the Shadow Isles patch in late October 2012.
- Trundle received a visual upgrade across all skins including a new Classic skin.
- His existing, although upgraded classic skin was made available in the store for two weeks before being retired into the Legacy Vault. Players who owned Trundle before his rework received Traditional Trundle for free.
- His new model has been revealed, along with a teaser/concept piece in the form of sketch made by Quinn during her exploration of Freljord.
- His new classic skin and lore tie him in with Freljord.
- Trundle is the first champion to cost 4800 .
- Trundle's hair resembles the hair.
- Trundle's recall animation is the famous "Winter is Coming" pose from the television series Game of Thrones.
- The area for Frozen Domain is currently, not counting global abilities, the largest AoE in the game.
- Trundle is one of four champions to feature a Traditional skin that represents them as they were prior to an extensive rework, along with Traditional Karma, Traditional Sejuani and Traditional Lee Sin.
- Trundle's dance is a reference to Dancing Troll.
- Trundle's line "The Trolls are going to war" may be a direct reference to a quote by Treebeard in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers: "The Ents are going to war".
- Trundle's taunt to Leona "Sunlight? Really?" is most likely a reference to trolls turning to stone when sunlight shines upon them in certain legends and fantasy universes ("The Hobbit" being a notable example).
- His quotes make several references to internet "trolls", a derogatory term for someone who intentionally annoys or offends another person.
- His quote "Don't hate the player, hate the club that's smashing your face!" is most likely a rephrasal of the famous "Don't hate the player, hate the game" saying. It could be also a joke from Riot implying that players focus their hate on champions, not on their player, calling for nerfs on the forums.
- His first joke, "How much you wanna bet I can whack you from one fountain to the other?", is most likely a reference to the movie Napoleon Dynamite, in which the character Uncle Rico at one point asks, "How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains", while reminiscing of his past in football.
- It started out as a new skin (Ice Troll Trundle) but eventually evolved into his VU Classic Skin.
- In the splash art the old pre-VU Classic Trundles face is etched into the chair.
- Represents pre-VU Trundle, but bulkier.
- It contains Trundle's old voiceover together with VFX similar to his old ability kit's.
- The number 86 on the back of the shirt represents 1986, the year cgsammu (the 3D character artist who worked on it) was born.
- It's a reference to .
- In this skin his club is a baseball bat and his Icepillar is a goldcup.
- Blitzcrank can be seen in the background as a catcher.
- It may be a reference to .
- In this skin his club is a muffler and his Icepillar is a pile of dirt, with tires, pans, pipes and other junk sticking out.
- He and Volibear are members of the Piltover Police Force, as hinted by Trundle's badge.
- His uniform closely resembles the British Police Force's.
- In this skin his club is a police baton and his Icepillar is a traffic cone.
- He shares this theme with Caitlyn, Vi and Volibear.
- Trundle managed to form an uneasy alliance with Lissandra.
- His True Ice club ("Boneshiver") was originally Lissandra's. In exchange for it, Trundle agreed to muster a troll army to fight alongside the Frostguard forces, although the likelihood of one side double-crossing the other is quite high.