|"Listen close- urgh, I have important- urgh! This is why I can't take you nice places!"
In V4.20, the base statistics of all champions changed. Please be wary that the information displayed below may be out-dated.
|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Trundle was designed by Geeves.
- Trundle is voiced by Joshua Tomar
- Trundle's champion title was previously "the Cursed Troll" but with the Freljord patch his background story got changed and is now known as "the Troll King".
- Trundle is the first champion to cost 4800 .
- Trundle's hair resembles the hair.
- Trundle's recall animation is the famous "Winter is Coming" pose from the series of books Game of Thrones.
- Definition of the verb "to trundle" is "to move along by or as if by rolling"; or rather, "to roll", sounding similarly to his species as a "troll".
- The area for Frozen Domain is currently, not counting global abilities, the largest AoE in the game.
- Since his introduction, Trundle went nearly two years before being subject to balance changes to any of his skills or stats. He was finally given changes in the Shadow Isles patch in late October 2012.
- Trundle received a visual upgrade across all skins including a new Classic skin.
- His existing, although upgraded classic skin was made available in the store for two weeks before being retired into the Legacy Vault. Players who owned Trundle before his rework received Traditional Trundle for free.
- His new model has been revealed, along with a teaser/concept piece in the form of sketch made by Quinn during her exploration of Freljord.
- His new classic skin and lore tie him in with Freljord.
- Trundle is one of four champions to feature a Traditional skin that represents them as they were prior to an extensive rework, along with Traditional Karma, Traditional Sejuani and Traditional Lee Sin.
- The number 86 on the back of the shirt of Lil' Slugger Trundle represents the birth year of cgsammu, the 3D character artist who worked on it.
- Trundle's dance is a reference to Dancing Troll.
- Trundle's line "The Trolls are going to war" may be a direct reference to a quote by Treebeard in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers: "The Ents are going to war".
- Trundle's taunt to Leona "Sunlight? Really?" is most likely a reference to trolls turning to stone when sunlight shines upon them in certain legends and fantasy universes ("The Hobbit" being a notable example).
- His quotes make several references to internet "trolls", a derogatory term for someone who intentionally annoys or offends another person.
- His quote "Don't hate the player, hate the club that's smashing your face!" is most likely a rephrasal of the famous "Don't hate the player, hate the game" saying. It could be also a joke from Riot implying that players focus their hate on champions, not on their player, calling for nerfs on the forums.
- His first joke, "How much you wanna bet I can whack you from one fountain to the other?", is most likely a reference to the movie Napoleon Dynamite, in which the character Uncle Rico at one point asks, "How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains", while reminiscing of his past in football.
- It was initially thought out as a new skin for Trundle, but later used for his new Classic rework skin.
- It resembles the pre-VU Trundle only bulkier.
- It contains Trundles old voice over and similar ability effects.
- Its a reference to .
- It may be a reference to .
- He and Volibear are part of the Piltover Police force, as indicated by Trundles badge.
- His uniform closely resembles the uniform for thr British Police force.
- He shares this theme with Caitlyn, Vi and Volibear.
- Trundle is currently in an alliance with Lissandra.
- His club, Boneshiver, belonged to Lissandra. In exchange for the true ice club, Trundle said that he would fight alongside the Frostguard army with an army of trolls, although it doesn't seem he would keep his end of the bargain.