|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Tryndamere was designed by Steve 'Guinsoo' Feak.
- Tryndamere is voiced by Brian Sommer, who also voices Willump and Warwick.
- Tryndamere was named after Riot Games Inc. CEO Marc 'Tryndamere' Merrill's character. "Tryndamere" is also Merrill's forum and summoner name.
- The in-game announcer heard that Tryndamere "was made directly from a picture of Marc Merrill wearing a kilt, and nothing else..."
- His previous title was "The Dark Champion" but he has been called "The Barbarian King" ever since the second official trailer.
- It was written In the August 31st 2010 edition of The Journal of Justice that Tryndamere's sword was passed down from his father, whom in turn received it from his father before him, and so on. Tryndamere said his father's words of wisdom were "master using it and you can have this" - a quote from the original game for the Nintendo Entertainment System, released in 1987.
- Tryndamere draws many parallels with
- His previous story appears to have been based on the opening sequence of the eponymous 1982 movie, in which Conan's entire village is slaughtered and he swears revenge upon those responsible.
- In the original stories Conan is said to hail from a nomadic people residing in his world's far north, whereas Tryndamere comes from Northern Freljord.
- Conan is said to have "become a king by his own hand" in the 1982 movie. Tryndamere became "The Barbarian King" by uniting all the peoples of his homeland under his leadership, all thanks to his friendships with most of the Barbarian leaders.
- According to Aatrox's lore, Tryndamere could possibly descend from the Magelords, the faction decimated by the Darkin Blade.
- This is unlikely, since the story of the Protectorate-Magelords war is Aatrox's oldest historical account, and he is many centuries older than Tryndamere.
- Tryndamere holds his sword in a similar fashion Pyramid Head (Silent Hill) holds his knife.
- Tryndamere's dance refers to , the traditional dance.
- Tryndamere was the first champion with 100 points in Attack Rating.
- With Spinning Slash, Tryndamere is one of the only four champions in the game to have a single damaging ability, the other being Zilean with Time Bomb ,Relaunched Taric with Dazzle and Bard with Cosmic Binding.
- Tryndamere's quote "I am your worst nightmare!" is a popular trope in films, videogames, literature, music, and television.
- It may also be a Riot inside joke (i.e. Marc Merrill is his employees' worst nightmare).
- Howling Abyss bridge can be seen in the background of his splash art.
- This skin is a lore reference to his role as the leader of Freljord.
- He shares this theme with Ashe, seeing as both of these skins portray them as the leaders of the Freljord, in lore.
- This skin is a reference to the franchise.
- "Highland" is also an old term referring to people from the Scottish Highlands. So, the skin may rather be a reference to the old Scottish warrior garb than to the previously mentioned franchise.
- Attendees of the Season One Championship at Dreamhack qualified for a code to unlock Viking Tryndamere. This skin later became available on 24 June 2011 for 975 .
- This skin is an allusion to Aatrox's quote "Tryndamere, my greatest creation" while also being evocative of the Darkin himself.
- His trailer can be seen here
- This skin is possibly a reference to from the series.
- This skin also resembles from the series. One of Haru's swords claims the wielder's soul in exchange for greatly increased strength. During the process, the sword will fuse to the wielder's arm.
- Tryndamere was the first champion to have a non-comical Legendary skin voice-over.
- It commemorates the launch of League of Legends in Turkey.
- His clothing and the scene depicted in the splash art make him resemble an Ottoman sultan.
- His splash art evokes the .
- The Turkish client has a unique voiveover by actor Cihan Ünal.
- He shares this theme with Gangplank.
- It is a reference to Guan Yu from Romance of the Three Kingdoms
- Coincidentally, Guan Yu is a playable character in the MOBA Smite, together with the original Sun Wukong. Both also feature in Koei's Dynasty Warriors series.
- In this skin, Tryndamere's sword resembles the head of Guan Yu's Green Dragon Crescent Blade.
- He shares this theme with Katarina, Jarvan IV, Nidalee and Xin Zhao.
- This skin is a reference to from the franchise.
- He shares this theme with Cho'Gath.
- This skin is a reference to the Monster Hunter franchise.
- He shares this theme with Draven, and Sejuani.
- Tryndamere is Ashe's husband. However, their marriage was made from political reasons. This relationship could be a reference to the relationship between Khal Drogo and Deanerys Targaryen from the popular epic fantasy bookseries A Song of Fire and Ice.
- Tryndamere's nemesis is Aatrox, who is the main reason why most of Tryndamere's tribe got destroyed.
- He is hostile towards the Winter's Claw, whose disdain for Avarosa's "decadent lifestyle" conflicts with their harsh nomadic ways.
- Related Themes
|Warring Kingdoms Tryndamere Theme|