|Champion||Ability Details||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Tryndamere was designed by Guinsoo.
- Tryndamere is voiced by Brian Sommer, Who also voices Willump and Warwick.
- Tryndamere was named after Riot president Marc Merrill's character on , which is also his forum and summoner name.
- According to an unused quote of the in-game announcer, Tryndamere was modeled after a picture of Marc Merrill wearing only a kilt.
- He previously held the title "The Dark Champion", but since the second official trailer, he now holds the title "The Barbarian King".
- In the August 31st 2010 edition of The Journal of Justice, it was written that Tryndamere was passed down his sword from his father, who had it passed down from his father before him, and so on. Tryndamere said his father's words of wisdom were "master using it and you can have this" - a quote from the original on the Nintendo Entertainment System, released in 1987.
- Tryndamere has strong similarities to
- His previous story appears to have been based off of the opening sequence of the 1982 "Conan the Barbarian" movie, in which Conan's entire village is slaughtered and he swears revenge upon those who destroyed it.
- In the original stories, Conan is said to have come from a nomadic people of the far north of his world, while Tryndamere comes from the Northern Freljord.
- Conan is said to have "become a king by his own hand" in the 1982 movie. Tryndamere became the Barbarian King by uniting all the Barbarians of his homeland under his leadership, thanks to his friendships with most of the Barbarian leaders.
- Tryndamere's dance refers to , the traditional dance.
- Tryndamere was the first champion to have an attack rating of 100.
- Tryndamere's quote "I am your worst nightmare!" is popular trope used in films, video games, literature, music and TV.
- It may also be an inside joke for Marc Merrill being the "worst nightmare" of his employees.
- King Tryndamere skin is a reference to his marriage to Ashe and becoming the King of Freljord.
- Highland Tryndamere skin is a reference to the franchise.
- Attendees of the Season One Championship at Dreamhack qualified for a code to unlock Viking Tryndamere. All others were able to purchase the skin from the League of Legends store on 24 June 2011 for 975 .
- The Demonblade Tryndamere trailer can be seen here.
- This skin is possibly a reference to from the series.
- This skin also bears a resemblance to from the series. One of Haru's swords claims the soul of the wielder in exchange for greatly increased strength. During the process, the sword will fuse with the wielder's arm.
- His nemesis in the lore, an enigmatic figure with a "cruel, living sword" is similar to this skin.
- Tryndamere was the first champion to have a non-comical Legendary skin voice-over, followed by Vladimir, Cho'Gath, Galio, Nocturne and Anivia.
- Sultan Tryndamere is a commemorative skin created to celebrate the launch of League of Legends in Turkey.