A Turret, also called a Tower, is a heavy fortification that blocks the enemy's minion waves and champions' path to the Nexus. Turrets are one of the core components of League of Legends gameplay, providing damage, vision and general control of the surrounding jungle. Although they are extremely powerful, they can only target one champion. In order for a champion to push forward and continue its assault into the enemies' territory, the champion must destroy these turrets. Charging minions will not be able to pass any further up a lane until the turret closest to them is destroyed. Turrets deal heavy damage to enemy units. Summoner's Rift has 11 turrets per team. Towers will visually fall apart as they take damage.
Tower General Information
- The following information is for Summoner's Rift Towers.
All turrets have 1095 sight range and 775 attack range. They grant True sight allowing vision of all traps and stealth units to the allied team. All Towers gain 100 Armor and Magic Resistance when allied minions are not present. Towers are invulnerable and untargetable until the prior same lane tower is destroyed. The Outer Tower must be destroyed before the Inner and Inner before Inhibitor. Nexus Towers are invulnerable and untargetable unless at least one inhibitor is currently destroyed. If a turret is destroyed while a shot is in mid-flight, that shot will not deal any damage. Aura effects do not affect turrets.
Turrets count as terrain, even after they are destroyed. Any abilities that interact with terrain can trigger their effects using them, namely the stuns from Poppy's Heroic Charge and Vayne's Condemn. Nautilus's Dredge Line will also drag him to turrets. In addition, they can create a choke point for traps, especially in the smaller area closer to the wall, as minions will not normally walk through that area of the lane.
Outer and Inner Towers
|Health||AD (Max)||Armor||MR||Attack Speed|
- Outer Towers have a single target attack.
- When an Outer turrets is destroyed, each member of the destroyer's team gains 125 global gold, and 150 gold are split among the players who participate in destroying the turret. No experience is gained.
- When an Inner turret is destroyed, each member of the destroyer's team gains 30 experience, each member of the destroyer's team gains 150 global gold, and 100 gold are split among the players who participate in destroying the turret.
- Towers deal bonus damage to melee and caster minions so that melee minions generally die to 2 tower attack and 1 champion auto attack, and ranged minions die to 1 tower attack and 2 champion auto attacks.
- Towers deal 70% damage to siege minions .
- Tower Damage is mitigated by armor - minus the Armor penetration.
- Inner Towers have a 200 HP Champion shield. Minon damage bypasses the shield. that affect both themselves and nearby allied champions for ? Health Points. Additionally, all allied champions within 1100 range gain a growing shield over time, scaling to a maximum of a 200 health shield. It will also grant nearby allied champions a 30 hp shield every 1.5 seconds until 300 hp. The turret's shield stops regenerating shields if it has taken damage within 30 seconds.
Inhibitor and Nexus Towers
|Health||AD (Max)||Armor||MR||Attack Speed|
Inhibitor and Nexus Towers have a beam attack
- Ignores 82.5% of the target's armor
- Reduces target's damage dealt by 15%
- Slows target's movement speed by 10%
- With every hit, the beam gains 6 heat until 120 heat is reached. When the beam switches targets, heat is reset.
- Gains +1.05% damage per point of heat, up to a maximum of +125% extra damage
- 5 health regeneration per 5 seconds.
- When an Inhibitor turret is destroyed, each member of the destroyer's team gains 100 experience and 175 gold. Players participating in the destruction of the turret do not gain additional gold.
Turrets will continue to attack their current target until the target dies, leaves attack range, or becomes untargetable due to abilities or items.
A turret will prioritize an enemy champion if that champion deals damage to an allied champion who is within the tower's range. Damage dealt can come from any source (pet, aura, item, etc.) in order for a champion to be targeted. Additionally, turrets will target an enemy champion if no other valid target is within range. Turrets will not attack an enemy champion who uses a non-damaging spell (ex. Karthus's Wall of Pain). A spell or attack that is blocked (by a spell shield or ability effect) and deals no damage will still draw turret aggro.
When the current target is lost for whatever reason, the turret will select a new target—whichever of the following, in order, is found in range first:
- The closest targetable Trap (ex. Jack In The Box).
- The closest enemy Pet (ex. Summon: Tibbers).
- The closest enemy Siege Minion or Super Minion.
- The closest enemy Melee Minion.
- The closest enemy Caster Minion.
- The closest enemy Champion.
Turrets have a pseudo-inventory that can be viewed, with each pseudo-item explaining a specific turret mechanic.
- Unique Passive - Reinforced Armor: Gains 150 armor and 150 magic resistance when no enemy minions are in range for attack.
This reduces the effectiveness of backdooring (pushing without minions) compared to conventional pushing. Pets ( Annie's Tibbers, Malzahar's Voidlings), traps ( Shaco's Jack In The Box), and monsters (a Golem brought around by Syndra's Force of Will) do not deactivate this passive.
- +30% armor penetration
- Unique Passive - Dodge Piercing: Turret attacks can not be dodged
- Unique Passive - Warming Up: Turrets gain 37.5% damage each time they strike a champion (Max 75% bonus damage).
- Unique Passive - Heated Up: After the turret is fully heated, consecutive attacks against the same champion deal 25% additional damage (Max 50% bonus damage).
Against champions, Warming Up and Heated Up combine to deal 100% damage on the first hit, then 137.5%, 175%, 200%, and finally 225% on the fifth hit and beyond. If the turret attacks another champion, only Heated Up stacks will be reset, and the damage will stay at 175%. As soon as the turret is not targeting any champion, both passives reset and damage returns to 100%.
It should be noted that this Warming-Up is not champion-specific, meaning it keeps stacking even when switching between champions. In other words, it resets only when attacking a non-champion (pet, minion or monster).
- Unique Passive - True Sight: Can see invisible units within 1000 units.
Fortification (Outer turrets only.)
- Unique Passive - Fortification: Blocks 30 damage from champion basic attacks, this effect expires after 7 minutes. (Reduction applies before armor.)
- Damage to a turret is based on base attack damage plus the higher of bonus attack damage or 40% of ability power. It is not affected by any kind of armor penetration or magic penetration.
- Critical strikes will register against turrets, but no bonus damage will be applied. Also the Frenzy Mastery won't be triggered.
- Outer turrets have 30 damage reduction from champion basic attacks for the first 7 minutes of the game.