|"I could help you do that better."
This article may require cleanup to meet League of Legends Wiki's quality standards. Consider using more specific cleanup instructions. Please help improve this article if you can. The talk page may contain suggestions.
A Turret, also called a Tower, is a heavy fortification that blocks the enemy's minion waves and champions' path to the Nexus. In order for a champion to push forward and continue its assault into the enemies' territory, the champion must destroy these turrets. Charging minions will not be able to pass any further up a lane until the turret closest to them is destroyed. Turrets deal heavy damage to enemy units. Summoner's Rift has 11 turrets per team.
Turrets will continue to attack their current target until the target dies, leaves attack range, or becomes untargetable due to abilities or items.
A turret will prioritize an enemy champion if that champion deals damage to an allied champion who is within the tower's range. Damage dealt can come from any source (pet, aura, item, etc.) in order for a champion to be targeted. Additionally, turrets will target an enemy champion if no other valid target is within range. Turrets will not attack an enemy champion who uses a non-damaging spell (ex. Karthus's Wall of Pain). A spell or attack that is blocked (by a spell shield or ability effect) and deals no damage will still draw turret aggro.
When the current target is lost for whatever reason, the turret will select a new target—whichever of the following, in order, is found in range first:
- The closest targetable Trap (ex. Jack In The Box).
- The closest enemy Pet (ex. Mirror Image, Hallucinate, Summon: Tibbers, Children of the Grave, Summon Voidling, H-28G Evolution Turret, Decoy, Spider Swarm, or Omen of Death).
- The closest enemy Siege Minion or Super Minion.
- The closest enemy Melee Minion.
- The closest enemy Caster Minion.
- The closest enemy Champion.
Turret healing and invulnerability
- Inhibitor turrets have 15 health regeneration per 5 seconds.
- The Nexus Turrets also have natural health regeneration. However, if inhibitors have been destroyed this far, it would be difficult to "turtle" the match by turret-hugging.
- Inner turrets are invulnerable and untargetable until the corresponding Outer turrets are destroyed. Likewise, Inhibitor turrets are invulnerable and untargetable until the corresponding Inner turrets are destroyed, and Nexus turrets are invulnerable and untargetable unless at least one inhibitor is destroyed.
- Turrets deal 70% damage to siege minions and super minions .
- Damage is mitigated by your armor - minus the Armor penetration due to the Penetrating Bullets passive.
- The Nexus Obelisk deals a flat 1000 damage every 0.5 seconds, ignoring all damage reduction and resistance.
- Turrets deal bonus damage to melee and caster minions so that melee minions generally die to 2 tower attack and 1 champion auto attack, and ranged minions die to 1 tower attack and 2 champion auto attacks.
Turrets have a pseudo-inventory that can be viewed, with each pseudo-item explaining a specific turret mechanic.
- Unique Passive - Reinforced Armor: Gains 150 armor and 150 magic resistance when no enemy minions are in range for attack.
This reduces the effectiveness of backdooring (pushing without minions) compared to conventional pushing. Pets ( Annie's Tibbers, Malzahar's Voidlings), traps ( Shaco's Jack In The Box), and monsters (a Golem brought around by Syndra's Force of Will) do not deactivate this passive.
- +30% armor penetration
- Unique Passive - Dodge Piercing: Turret attacks can not be dodged
- Unique Passive - Warming Up: Turrets gain 37.5% damage each time they strike a champion (Max 75% bonus damage).
- Unique Passive - Heated Up: After the turret is fully heated, consecutive attacks against the same champion deal 25% additional damage (Max 50% bonus damage).
Against champions, Warming Up and Heated Up combine to deal 100% damage on the first hit, then 137.5%, 175%, 200%, and finally 225% on the fifth hit and beyond. If the turret attacks another champion, only Heated Up stacks will be reset, and the damage will stay at 175%. As soon as the turret is not targeting any champion, both passives reset and damage returns to 100%.
It should be noted that this Warming-Up is not champion-specific, meaning it keeps stacking even when switching between champions. In other words, it resets only when attacking a non-champion (pet, minion or monster).
- Unique Passive - True Sight: Can see invisible units within 1000 units.
Fortification (Outer turrets only.)
- Unique Passive - Fortification: Blocks 30 damage from champion basic attacks, this effect expires after 7 minutes. (Reduction applies before armor.)
Turrets have 1095 sight range and 775 attack range.
Statistics (Summoner's Rift)
All turrets have an estimated 900 range. The following table details values that are not the same across all turrets.
|Turret||Health||AD (Max)||Armor (Max)||MR (Max)||+4 AD, +1 Armor, +1 MR at…|
|Outer||25501||152 (180)||603||100 (107)||0:30, 1:30, …, 6:303,4|
|Inner||25501||170 (250)||60 (80)||100 (120)||8:00, 9:00, …, 27:00|
|Inhibitor||25501||190 (310)||67 (97)||100 (130)||8:00, 9:00, …, 37:00|
|Nexus||19252||180 (300)||65 (95)||100 (130)||8:00, 9:00, …, 37:00|
- 1300 plus 250 per champion on the enemy team.
- 1300 plus 125 per champion on the enemy team.
- Outer turrets do not gain armor over time.
- 0:40, 1:40, …, 6:40, reduced by 2 seconds for each champion on the enemy team.
- Damage to a turret is based on your base attack damage plus the higher of your bonus attack damage or 40% of your ability power. It is not affected by any kind of armor or magic penetration.
- Critical strikes will register against turrets, but no bonus damage will be applied. Also the Frenzy Mastery won't be procced.
- Outer turrets have 30 damage reduction from champion basic attacks for the first 7 minutes of the game.
Rewards for destruction
- When an Outer turrets is destroyed, each member of the destroyer's team gains 100 global gold, and 150 gold are split among the players who participate in destroying the turret. No experience is gained.
- When an Inner turret is destroyed, each member of the destroyer's team gains 30 experience, each member of the destroyer's team gains 125 global gold, and 100 gold are split among the players who participate in destroying the turret.
- When an Inhibitor turret is destroyed, each member of the destroyer's team gains 100 experience and 175 gold. Players participating in the destruction of the turret do not gain additional gold.
Last-hitting a turret does not grant bonuses to champions, unless they have a relevant effect:
- Twisted Fate's Loaded Dice grants him from 1 to 6 gold.
- Ashe's Hawkshot grants 3 gold.
- grants 2 gold.
- Cho'Gath's Carnivore restores a small amount of health and mana.
- Nasus's Siphoning Strike gains permanent damage.
- Turrets count as terrain. Any abilities that interact with terrain can trigger their effects using them, namely the stuns from Poppy's Heroic Charge and Vayne's Condemn. Nautilus's Dredge Line will also drag him to turrets.
- Towers can be shielded by Janna's Eye Of The Storm.
- Aura effects do not affect turrets.
- If a turret is destroyed while a shot is in mid-flight, that shot will not deal any damage.
- The 3D models and icons of the Inner, Inhibitor and Nexus turrets are different. Inner and Outer turrets have the same model and icons.