|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Twisted Fate was designed by Guinsoo.
- Twisted Fate is voiced by Owen Thomas, Who also voices Viktor.
- Owen stated that he does not remember giving his voice to Twisted Fate before being reminded by a fan.
- Twisted Fate used to come from Demacia before his background was redone.
- Twisted Fate is frequently compared to Gambit from the
comics for his weapon of choice, throwing cards, as well as his manner of speaking.
- He got his powers through an experiment that was ran by Dr. Xavier Rath, which can be a reference to Prof. Charles Xavier (aka. Professor X, founder of the X-Men).
- Twisted Fate is also comparable to the character Luxord from the role-playing series in his gentlemanly attitude and inventive use of cards as weapons. Additionally, both characters possess the ability to disappear in a stream of cards and reappear elsewhere.
- Twisted Fate was one of the first six characters designed, along with Singed, Annie, Sivir, Sion and Lee Sin.
- On the artwork of many skins, the cards he throws can be seen to be Tarot cards from the Major Arcana of The Terot
- Twisted Fate's dance is a reference to the extremely popular song Gangnam Style. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- Twisted Fate is the third champion to feature vocals during his dance: the first being Draven and the second being Rengar.
- While not visible due to the fixed camera angle in-game, Twisted Fate's eyes are completely cyan (no whites or pupil). This can be observed by examining his model in the games files, by panning the camera in spectator mode, or by looking at High Noon Twisted Fate's splash art.
- PAX Twisted Fate has the PAX logo displayed on his shoulder, hat, and belt.
- He shares this theme with Jax and Sivir.
- Jack of Hearts Twisted Fate bears a striking resemblance to the Red Mage class from the Final Fantasy series. This may or may not be intentional.
- The splash art for PAX 2009 Twisted Fate and The Magnificent Twisted Fate shows him using Tarot Cards .
- Although The Magnificent Twisted Fate is priced as a legendary skin, it has no new particle effects, animations or dialogue.
- In the Chinese splash art, High Noon Twisted Fate is also using Tarot Cards.
- He shares this theme with Yasuo.
- Twisted Fate shares this theme with Evelynn.
- In addition, they share nearly identical skin arts, with the only difference being who the spotlight is highlighting.
- It is a reference to .
- The cards that appear when he uses his ult have the same symbol on them that Gatekeeper Galio bears on his arms.
- He bears a remarkable resemblance to the outfit worn by Jericho Cross in the video game DarkWatch (see here). It could also be based on Gambit of the X-Men's Horseman of Death outfit (see here)
- He shares this theme with Katarina.
- Twisted Fate and Evelynn were the first reported couple in The Journal of Justice, Issue 1. However, Evelynn has reportedly ended the relationship in Issue 10.
- Twisted Fate and Graves were partners in the past. That is until Twisted Fate sold out Graves to Dr. Priggs in exchange for a risky experiment that gave Twisted Fate his magical abilities.
- After escaping imprisonment, Graves now seeks payback on Twisted Fate.
- There is speculation that Twisted Fate is the cat burglar in which Caitlyn is attempting to track down and arrest.
- The bandit, who always leaves a card with an ornate "C" at the scene of the crime, has become Caitlyn's nemesis.
- He is being hunted by Kalista.
- Related Themes
|2014 FIFA World Cup Theme|