|"Listen close- urgh, I have important- urgh! This is why I can't take you nice places!"
In V4.20, the base statistics of all champions changed. Please be wary that the information displayed below may be out-dated.
|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
Team responded to report of suspicious character, criminal activity; proceeded to Sump Works, Sector 90TZ. Sector 90TZ notably absent. In its place: sinkhole, smoke, noxious fumes. Interviews with private security indicate urgent need for better private security.
Response team entered sinkhole. Toxic runoff had melted away building wreckage. Two survivors located, one partially liquefied and dripping off catwalk. Six deceased bodies found among wreckage, three of them partial; two appear to predate incident. Suspect seems to have removed jewelry, accessories, and dental implants, then sorted them into piles by color. Causes of death include acute deceleration, caustic liquidation, and/or fatal crossbow wounds. Unclear if lab's destruction was itself the perpetrator's motive or an attempt to cover tracks.
Survivor #1 (Ra Qintava, facility researcher) brought up for interview, but unable to provide statement due to 1) post-traumatic stress and 2) liquefaction of tongue and lower jaw. Awaiting toxin screen and prosthesis fitting.
Search-and-rescue discovered apparent shantytown constructed from refuse. Recovered items include:
- 57 waterlogged romance novels, illegible, with edits made in crayon
- 108 bottles, unlabeled (possible toxic runoff or discarded shampoo remnants)
- 200 pounds chewing gum (possible installation art project)
- 1 jar toenails, labeled by toe/finger, date, and mood
Survivor #2 (Valori Olant, Sludge Analyst) in recovery; regained lucidity following prolonged therapeutic electrocution. Statement transcript excerpt follows:
- V.O.: GOT TO DO SOMETHING!
- NURSE: She's lost so much blood --
- P.R.: Her co-workers lost a lot more than that --
- V.O.: IT'S STILL OUT THERE!
- P.R.: Ma'am, I need you to focus. Tell me what he looked like.
- V.O.: LIKE A RAT! (pause)
- NURSE: Like a what?
- P.R.: You mean, small? Beady-eyed? Sorta rat-faced -- ?
- V.O.: I MEAN IT LOOKED LIKE A GIANT GODSDAMN RAT! (pause) WITH A CROSSBOW! (pause)
- P.R.: (to nurse) Can we moderate her painkillers?
- V.O.: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING! IT'S A HOMICIDAL, PSYCHOPATHIC, GIANT FREAKING RAT! IN A WAISTCOAT!
- P.R.: Nurse?
- NURSE: (injecting Olant's arm with sedative) On it.
- V.O.: We were just scientists, working on refining human waste into inexpensive baby formula... [EDIT] I saw it! I don't know how else to describe this crazed, enormous RAT screaming at us! Kicking over vats! Spitting on food! [EDIT] The lab was sealed. Nowhere to run. Chemicals flooded in through the sprinklers [EDIT] I woke up in the dark. Well, the acid had melted my eyeballs. I could SMELL the twitchy bastard inches from my face. It said, "NOBODY STEALS TWITCH'S JUICE!" cackled wildly, and skittered off. I can still smell it in my mind. OH MY GODS, I CAN STILL SMELL IT!!
End transcript. At this point victim began screaming; has yet to stop.
- NAME/KNOWN ALIASES: "Twitch."
- SEX: Male (unconfirmed).
- AGE: Unknown.
- HEIGHT: 4'9" (hunched)
- WEIGHT: < 99 lbs. (wet).
- DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Is a giant rat.
- STATUS: At large; armed, extremely dangerous; DO NOT ENGAGE.
H.I.V.E - "Enforcing Progress!"
The city-state of Zaun is a twisted realm of science, mercantilism, and magic run amok. While the young science of techmaturgy does much to advance civilization, its research and use in Zaun pushes the boundaries of morality on a daily basis. Zaun, choked with pollution from the countless factories and laboratories that spew waste into the environment, suffers greatly. As polluted as Zaun is above-ground, its subterranean levels are far worse. All of Zaun's runoff waste pooled together in its sewers, mixing into a toxic and mysterious concoction. A single plague rat rose from this alchemical nightmare - Twitch. Unlike his lesser evolved cousins, Twitch became as sentient as anyone else... provided they were as insane as he. A seeming byproduct of the evolutionary brew that spawned him was maniacal insanity, albeit in a functional form.
Twitch came to the League of Legends to represent himself "as the only one of his kind" on the Fields of Justice. Since then, he has found a generous benefactor in the city that gave him his evolutionary sentience - Zaun. Twitch is one of Zaun's premier champions in the League, and as such he fights for Zaun when political disputes between Valoran's city-states arise. Twitch has publicly stated that his goal is to gain enough influence and material from his work in the League to try to recreate the process by which he gained his sentience. While many challenges lie ahead in his quest - one of the largest being his own insanity - were he to succeed, it would mean a bold and brazen step forward in the evolution of all of Runeterra. Zaun has pledged its support for Twitch in his quest, though it remains to be seen what Zaun's ulterior motives are in the matter.
"The existence of Twitch proves that anything is possible on Runeterra."
THE SEWER MEN
Volume 58, Issue 12
"Yeah, we’d all tell Twitch stories down there, but he weren’t the only bogeyman we’d talk about. Twitch, the Screamers, Hunch, the Wilton twins... all fings we’d chinwag over to keep our spirits fair while we're knee-deep in slop. But this... this was ‘im! Knew me, it did. Knew me name, whispered it from the shadows. I all but messed me pants, but then Jimmy shows up an’ the whisperin’ stops. Must be me ‘ead, I says, so I carry on workin’, only then it ‘appens again. See, few minutes later, Jimmy an’ me ‘ave made our way down to the drain we’ve come to unclog, an’ I’m there, elbows in, when I sees it proper. Came at me, it did, hissed at me, told me to leave ‘is fings alone, only I was jus’ uncloggin’ this soddin’ drain. Woulda killed me if I’d stayed, sure of it, but soon as I saw it dartin’ after me, I was out of there fast as a flash. Ran quick as me legs would carry, but Jimmy weren’t nearly as nippy, not wiv the bag of rot ov’r his shoulder. Told ‘im to drop it, but ‘e weren’t listenin’. Face as pale as the moon, was Jimmy’s, so I turned and ran faster still. Heard the monster chasin’, heard it scratching the walls, heard Jimmy screamin’ for me... but I ran.”
“An’ that’s how you escaped?”
“Yeah. Tore straight up through the closest shaft and near shattered the sewer cover, so eager was I to unfasten the fing. Only went down later that evenin’ to find Jimmy. Took three sec-men with me. Armed to the teeth, we was.”
“An’ you found him.”
“Aye. Dead as a doornail. Lyin’ in a pool of grime an’ with a round of bolts buried in his back. Funny thing was though, Jimmy’s stuff was all on ‘im still. Still ‘ad his gear, still ‘ad his clothes, still ‘ad his rations. All Twitch took was the bag o’ rot. Don’t understand it. Don’t understand it one bit.”
- Upon selection
- "What doesn't kill you just isn't finished yet."
- "They'll have more holes than my favorite cheese."
- "I demand tribute!"
- "I demand a sandwich!"
- "Shooting's easy. Aiming's hard."
- "Plenty more where that came from! Seriously, I carry a lot of ammo."
- "I dealt it! It was me!"
- "Look what the pipes washed in."
- "How do you aim with all this light?"
- "Stand still! My eyes are on the side of my head!"
- "I greased these all myself."
- "Exterminate this!"
- "Ripe for the picking."
- "No touching!"
- "Hope that gets infected."
- "What's yours is mine."
- "Ohoho, that's gonna fester."
- "I licked this bolt for you."
- "It'll only hurt 'til you die."
- "Aim, then shoot. Aim, then shoot."
- "Are you gonna finish that?"
- "Aged like a fine egg."
- "I can't even taste the air up here."
- "It's sticky so you don't drop it."
- "Hey, what did I step in?"
- "Have you met my fleas?"
- "Hop on, lice."
- "Don't trust any liquid you can see through."
- "All pipes lead to home."
- "Rust is like more delicious mold."
- "What's 'sharing'?"
- "They are the plague."
- "From out of the sewers comes... doom."
- "Who let all these plants survive?"
- "Dip it in sewage... leave it in the sun for a while... oh, yes, that's perfect, yes!"
- "Ohoho, yes, yes."
- "They're planning something, I know it."
- "I'm on to you!"
- "Watch your step."
- "Who's following me?"
Twitch pulls out a moldy cheese and eats it.
- "Always pack a snack a month in advance!"
- "Ah, finally ripe!"
- "Sneaking around really works up your appetite!"
- "I'm a connoisseur of the finer things!"
Twitch plays his crossbow like a violin.
- "One of these is going to get stuck in your head."
- "They can play this at your funeral."
- "I'm dedicating this piece to you."
- "I hear you're trash! Bow before your king!"
- Taunting an enemy Leona
- "The only thing the sun's good for is what it does to milk."
- Taunting an enemy Janna
- "Stop moving my stench!"
- Taunting an enemy Singed
- "Oohoohoo, Singed! You smell nice!"
- "I have this uncontrollable urge to follow you."
- "I see why everyone chases you."
- Taunting an enemy Zac
- "You remind me of home."
- "I thought this place could use a little gooping up."
- Twitch laughs.
- Twitch laughs.
- Twitch laughs.
- Twitch laughs.
- Upon casting Ambush
- "I'll be right under their noses."
- "Time to go."
- Twitch hums a tune.
- "Sneaky, sneaky..."
- Upon leaving Ambush stealth
- "It's me! Hahahahaa!"
- "Oh, hello! Huhahahahaa!"
- "I was hiding! Hehehahaa, grr!"
- Upon casting Venom Cask
- "You're welcome!"
- "I'm gonna want that back!"
- "Here's something that won't wash off!"
- "Now, there's a smell you can feel!"
- Upon casting Contaminate
- "You're looking a little green!"
- Upon casting Rat-Ta-Tat-Tat
- "Share this!"
- "Sewer skewers for everybody!"
- "Pins and needles!" (laughs)
- "Bleurgh, this tastes awful!"
- "Must... take... food!"
- "D'ohh, it's not even stale yet!"
- "Ow! That almost caught my tail!"
- "Now I have to gnaw my leg off... oh, no, I'm good."
- "This is entrapment!"
- "Oh, not again!"
- Upon buying an item
- "This will do."
- "It's mine. I licked it."
- "Ah, a little stench and it'll be perfect."
- "Oh, this doesn't smell at all."
- "Shiny? Ugh."
- "Shiny, not for long."
- "My ears are tingling. My... tail is tingling."
- "Needs more... sludge."
- "You drink this?"
- "Ooh, this'll put hair on your tail."
- "My last whisper will be street bacon."
- "My last whisper will be maggot pie."
- "My last whisper will be curdle pops."
- "My last whisper will be yogurt mold."
- "Nobody sneaks into my turf."
- "I need these for my stash."
- "Trespassers will be shot, then looted, then... chewed on for a while."
- Upon placing a ward
- "I'm watching."
- "Keep out."
- "Trespassers will be gnawed."
- Upon selection
- "Oh! What do you want?"
- "Taste of my disease."
- "Ohh... yes, yes!"
- "I strike from the shadows."
- "This will do..."
- "I'll be right there!"
- "Do you smell that?"
- "You smell terrible!"
- "Oh, what's that smell? Oh, it's me..."
- Twitch laughs.
- Twitch laughs.
- Twitch laughs.
- Twitch was designed by Guinsoo.
Announcement made by Classick:
In an upcoming patch we'll be revisiting one of our original classic champions: Twitch, the Plague Rat. Twitch's Ambush ability will be seeing some changes to shift him toward a more aggressive role on the battlefield. Since this ability allowed Twitch to remain invisible for significant periods of time, enemy players were forced to adopt an extremely cautious and defensive playstyle in response. Since we want League of Legends to be a fun, fast-paced experience, we decided to update Twitch with a new version of Ambush.
Even beyond its duration, we saw major issues with the Ambush ability, primarily surrounding the nature of the attack speed bonus that it provided. While attack speed helps quickly stack up charges of Deadly Venom, this bonus ramped up over the total duration Twitch remained invisible. This forced players to strike a balance between selecting the ideal time to strike and attempting to lurk for as long as possible in order to reach the maximum bonus. This was especially problematic for Plague Rat enthusiasts, since it forced Twitch to forego farming gold in order to reach his maximum attack speed bonus.
To shift emphasis towards a more action-oriented style of play, we retooled Ambush to promote aggressive repositioning over stalking. The first step in accomplishing this was to change the ability so that it always applies the maximum attack speed bonus, solidifying the emphasis on selecting the opportune moment of attack. We also drastically shortened the duration to give the ability a more tactical context, and gave Ambush a movement speed boost to help Twitch quickly outflank his opponent.
Another issue Twitch faced was an over-reliance on the enormous damage potential of his ultimate ability. More often than not, Twitch's success or failure on the battlefield depended on his ability to output massive amounts of damage over the course of Spray and Pray rather than on Deadly Venom and Expunge. Since most of his interesting gameplay revolved around poison combos, we wanted to augment this aspect of his kit both to make him more interesting to play and to make him less one dimensional.
For starters, we noticed most Twitch players using Debilitating Poison to begin every engagement rather than waiting to build up stacks of Deadly Venom. For this reason, we decided to replace this ability with one that was better suited to initiating combat. This new ability, Venom Cask, not only allows Twitch to initiate by slowing a group of enemies at range, but also gives him a head start on his combo by adding stacks of Deadly Venom to those caught within the area of effect. To top things off, while Expunge still adds bonus damage for each stack of Deadly Venom on the target, it no longer consumes those stacks when cast, allowing your poisons to continue to tick away. Expunge will also now receive a damage bonus based on your total attack damage, preserving its function as a heavy hitting nuke even into the late game.
The final step in the process was repurposing Spray and Pray to better support this new emphasis on poison gameplay. To do this, we scaled back the massive, team-wide damage potential by making each missile deal reduced damage after passing through each target. To compensate for this, we increased its missile speed to make attacks more difficult to dodge and removed the ammunition requirement, allowing Twitch to spray poisoned arrows to his heart's content for the full duration of his ultimate. This allows tanks to take the brunt of the initial assault for their team through good positioning, but still allows Twitch to douse the more vulnerable enemies at the back of the formation with stacks of Deadly Venom. These more powerful poison-delivery options help Twitch maintain a constant threat level, allowing him to take down high value targets without leaning so heavily on Spray and Pray.
- Deadly Venom (Passive): Twitch's basic attacks infect the target, dealing true damage over time.
- Ambush: Twitch becomes invisible for a short duration and gains movement speed. At the end of this effect, Twitch gains attack speed for a short duration.
- Venom Cask: Twitch hurls a cask of venom that explodes on contact, slowing targets in the area and applying Deadly Venom.
- Expunge: All nearby enemies secrete Twitch's Deadly Venom from their bodies, dealing damage for each stack.
- Spray and Pray: Twitch closes his eyes and rapidly fires his crossbow, quickly spraying powerful poisoned bolts ahead of him.