|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Udyr was designed by Coronach.
- He was the first Champion released after the official October 27, 2009 launch of the game.
- A producer at Riot Games is named after him. 
- Udyr is voiced by J.S. Gilbert.
- Udyr's original champion title was "the Animal Spirit" but with the Freljord patch his champion title was changed to "the Spirit Walker" and changes were also made to his lore.
- The word "Udyr" literally translates into "Beast" in Norwegian. The Danish words "Uhyr" and "Dyr" mean "Monster" and "Animal", while "udyr" is mostly used to describe people as evil, acting like animals and not caring if they kill.
- Udyr is also ana anagram for "Rudy."
- Almost all of Udyr's skills are based off the , with the sole exception of the Azure Dragon.
- He is the only character that cannot max out all of his skills, as each of his skills have five levels and the max character level is 18 (18 points for a total of 20 possible ranks).
- He is the only character without an ultimate. Udyr has 4 skills that can be leveled up to the maximum rank of 5.
- Udyr is one of a few champions to have multiple textures in one skin. Udyr however has more different textures in one skin than any other champion, as he has a different one for each of his stances.
- Udyr's dance shows the Drunken Master Kung Fu Style. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- Udyr is one of two champions that went into the weekly champion rotation on the day of their release. The other one is Poppy.
- Udyr was one of the champions chosen for the Ionian pool available during the Ionia vs. Noxus match. He was one of the selected champions, and was voted the MVP.
- Udyr's joke "If Peta asks, this fur is fake" refers to the Animal Rights group and their notorious ways of getting the public to not wear fur.
- It is probably inspired by Native American mythology.
- The theme behind Udyr's Ultimate Spirit Guard skin is one of the possible outcomes for Runeterra. In this future, Udyr reaches inner harmony and conquers his rage during his time with the Ionian monks. He then guards the Hirana Monastery from demons and corrupt monsters that would use the Temples power for the destruction of Runeterra.
- This future may also depict a possible outcome for Ao Shin.
- His appearance and clothing style resembles that of Shaolin monks and guardian statues found in temples and shrines of Asian culture. They are often depicted in a meditative or defensive posture, featuring exposed torsos and wearing large over some body parts. Traditional footwear (like ) and waistcloth (similar to South-Asian garments like a Lungi) as well as bright glowing eyes without pupils are also recurring features seen among them.
- He also bears a striking resemblance to the Sura Master NPC from Ragnarok Online, if one doesn't count for the hairstyle.
- Spirit Guard Udyr's Level 5 Bear Stance has a similarity to the Street Fighter character , one of 's alternate forms. Both have bluish glowing skin and aura, a large prayer beads, bear-claw shaped hands, exposed upper bodies and gruffy hairstyle resembling flames.
- Using a Dance, Laugh, or Taunt emote command with Spirit Guard Udyr summons whichever spirit corresponds to his current stance. His Dance will summon all four spirits in sequence once any given ability has reached rank five. His Joke summons Urf, which finally explains where Urf's spirit went after being killed by Warwick.
- This skin represents his state as a monk after finding his inner harmony and conquering his rage completely, even when fusing with one of the four spirits. This stands in strong contrast to his non-ultimate skins which represent his feral nature and somewhat still-uncontrolled rage.
- This skin is a tribute to April Fools Day 2015.
- He shares this theme with Blitzcrank.
- His Recall animation is probably a reference to Usain Bolt's Signature "Lighting Bolt" Celebration Pose.
- His Bear Stance may reference Freddy Fazbear from the FNAF series.
- Udyr allied with Sejuani for his mission to defeat The Ice Witch.
- He is sworn to protect Runeterra from a great darkness, later revealed as Ao Shin.
- Related Themes
|Spirit Guard Udyr's Theme|
|Spirit Guard Udyr Theme (Full)|