|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
|"Submit to my designs."
- Champion Spotlight
- Recommended Items
- Playing As Urgot
- Prior to firing Acid Hunter, try hovering over an enemy afflicted by Noxian Corrosive Charge. Upon launching, the Acid Hunter will ignore all other enemies and fly directly to the corroding target.
- Urgot is a great skirmisher. Try hitting his enemies with Noxian Corrosive Charge followed by multiple missile-locked Acid Hunters.
- Playing Against Urgot
- Keep moving to avoid being hit by Urgot's Noxian Corrosive Charge. If you are afflicted by his corrosive charge, quickly move out of range to avoid his Acid Hunter Missiles.
- Urgot gains slowing attacks while his Terror Capacitor shield is operational. Damage him enough to remove his shield so he loses this effect.
- Ability Usage
- Zaun-Touched Bolt Augmenter is a strong debuff that can save your team from a lot of damage. Apply it liberally to enemy champions when fighting.
- When farming, time the activation of your Acid Hunters so that you fire it in between your autoattacks. That way, you farm as efficiently as possible and you can also push the lane very fast this way. If no enemies are nearby, begin farming a creep wave by hitting the back line of enemy minions with Noxian Corrosive Charge and let the corrosion deal it's full damage to the minions while you destroy the close-attacking minions with your autoattacks and Acid Hunters.
- A locked-on Acid Hunter has incredible range and can hit even if the target is not visible to you, being in brush, the fog of war, and even in stealth.
- Acid Hunter can hit through walls, giving an unexpected attack with a surprising amount of damage.
- Acid Hunter has good range and hits unarmored targets hard even when not locked-on. Getting in the habit of using the skill shot occasionally, even when Noxian Corrosive Charge isn't necessary applied, helps to throw enemies off their rhythm and makes you a threat even when your lock-on fails or wears off.
- The Crest of Insight will dramatically improve Urgot's fighting ability if he gets it; the high mana regeneration lend itself to constant Acid Hunter barrages, while the cooldown reduction allows him to lock on targets with Noxian Corrosive Charge more frequently.
- You will only slow enemies as long as your shield remains active, so consider putting ranks into Terror Capacitor to provide Urgot with a crippling slow, better chances of maintaining it and greater durability in skirmishes.
- Using Terror Capacitor with Acid Hunter can allow you to quickly catch fleeing opponents or deter individual pursuers.
- Noxian Corrosive Charge is capable of revealing the fog of war. Use it to scout without risk.
- His Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser should be used to pull enemies right into ganks and towers, but it also has a use in escaping should your escape path be blocked by an enemy.
- Whenever there are any squishy targets on the other team, use Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser to swap them into your team to get an easy kill.
- Remember that although Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser grants damage reduction, you are not invincible. Take note of nearby towers or enemy champions that can burst you down before its channel is complete.
- Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser suppresses the target while channeling, so it can be used for deterring an enemy's escape for your team to finish off your target. It can also be used to interrupt your enemies' channeled spells, such as Katarina's Death Lotus.
- Urgot's skillset makes him most effective in eliminating the enemy team's carries, but don't overestimate his toughness. In general, it is a good idea to keep your distance from DPS champions until they have been weakened or separated.
- Urgot's Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser can be used over walls to pull an enemy through it, provided that he can see the enemy. This can be used offensively and defensively either when you are being chased, ganking in the jungle, or caught in a teamfight.
- Urgot is great at harassing. Use the long range and reasonably wide area of effect of Noxian Corrosive Charge to weaken enemy champions with impunity while simultaneously farming.
- One to take down an enemy champion as Urgot is to conserve your abilities for chasing. As soon as your target begin retreating, pop your shield and keep hitting them with as many autoattacks as you can until Terror Capacitor's time limit is almost up, then catch your victim with Noxian Corrosive Charge and follow up by striking with as many Acid Hunters as you can before your opponent is out of range.
- Urgot's passive damage reduction from Zaun-Touched Bolt Augmenter, extra survivability from Terror Capacitor, and the armor reduction from Noxian Corrosive Charge make it extremely difficult for opponents to gauge his strength, frequently causing enemies to trade blows with Urgot and usually take more damage. Don't overestimate your foe's intelligence or you will miss opportunities to take them out when they make this common mistake.
- Mastery Usage
- Item Usage
- Stacking high amounts of attack damage on Urgot will make his Acid Hunter and basic attacks more powerful.
- Urgot since it gives him attack damage and helps solve his mana problems. Later in the game, provides more damage to his Acid Hunter, especially if Urgot chooses to build more mana with items like . is a great first item on
- Urgot's Noxian Corrosive Charge because the damage over time ticks will apply 's armor shred. has great synergy with
- life steal is valuable to boost survivability. is a good late-game item since
- Other standard attack damage items such as Urgot's main damage source, Acid Hunter, cannot crit and does not apply on-hit effects. are not as effective since
- armor to counter you. is also a good late-game item if the enemy team is building
- Urgot can be mana-hungry in the laning phase, but buying should eliminate mana problems for the rest of the game. If you decide not to focus your build around picking up early, other mana regeneration sources are recommended.
- Urgot as his Terror Capacitor can offer the additional time necessary for a last escape, or give you time for cooldowns to refresh so you can quickly focus down low health enemies who linger nearby. can be an effective defensive item for
- Another good option may be . It's armor and health boost will make you hard enough to kill after switching places, plus it's slowing component may prove useful when escaping or after switching places to slow surrounding enemies and make them easier to be caught off.
- Urgot. Although it does little for your long-range Acid Hunter combo, greatly increases his presence in close combat due to constant procs.
is a strong if unorthodox item on
- Another unorthodox item late game is Urgot has no natural sustain and life steal only benefits him as fast as he can attack, staggering his autos with Acid Hunter will allow Urgot to maximize his healing (as Acid Hunter benefits from full spell vamp), granting an uninterrupted stream of healing, while the Ability Power granted adds slight bonuses to his Terror Capacitor. , although very effective when combined with . As
- Attack damage items are worth buying for the early game; however, due to the risk of using his ultimate in the late game, it is recommended to build some survivability items afterwards.
- Cooldown reduction can let Urgot fire more locked-on Acid Hunters before the Noxian Corrosive Charge debuff fades. With no CDR, he can fire 3 shots per lock on. With 16.7% CDR, he can fire 4. With 37.5% CDR, he can fire 5. However, the above values are mathematical and do not take into account input lag or delay.
- In practice, 40% cooldown reduction makes it easy to shoot 5 Acid Hunters per Noxian Corrosive Charge.
- The Urgot if he can secure it. will greatly help
- Cooldown reduction is invaluable for Urgot's other skills as well, granting more temporary durability through Terror Capacitor and a longer debuff uptime for Noxian Corrosive Charge.
- Urgot as its armor helps him fight physical damage champions, while the mana and cooldown reduction help him spam his Acid Hunter and adds to the damage from . is also effective for the same purpose. is an effective mid game item for
- Urgot during late game, since its active helps him, and is upgraded from , which gives him flat armor penetration. is another possible purchase for
- Another way, however mostly tanky, is to buy
. It's haste component may help you cast place-switcher, health bonus will make you more hard to kill and it's mana boost combined with will grant you some more damage.
- However, if tank items are good on Urgot, you cannot ignore getting some attack, because enemy team can just ignore you. One or two are enough,three at max if your team does not have a tank/initiator.
- An early Urgot all around, it can later be upgraded into , which adds both attack damage and magic resistance, and as such it can complement Urgot's damage output with improved survivability. is great because in addition to improving
- Urgot's boots as his Acid Hunter hits will proc its speed increase. This allows him to kite and chase enemies very well. is a strong upgrade for
- Urgot does only physical damage, so getting armor items is effective in mitigating his DPS.
- Move erratically to avoid being hit by Noxian Corrosive Charge thus preventing lock-on with Acid Hunter. Experienced players will often wait for you to move into position for an attack or minion kill. Use feints to cause them to misfire.
- Champions with gap closing abilities can combat Urgot effectively by staying within close range and timing their dash to coincide with his Noxian Corrosive Charge.
- Urgot lacks mobility and is vulnerable to champions with good DPS, especially those with frequent disables or items such as .
- Avoid committing to a close quarters 1v1 battle with Urgot unless you are certain of an overwhelming victory. His abilities make it difficult to escape a losing battle.
- Urgot tends to be rather predictable, in that whenever he lands a Noxian Corrosive Charge, he will almost always chase the target in order to land his full combo. This can be easily exploited to bait him into overextending for a gank.
- Keep in mind, however, that after Urgot reaches level 6, Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser can allow for an easy escape by switching places with the ganking champion. Either make sure the ganking champion has a way to block or break the suppress, or be prepared to interrupt the channel. If he is unable to use his ultimate to escape, Urgot is usually a relatively easy kill.
- Be mindful of Urgot's ultimate, as you or your team can quickly be pulled into danger. Prevent this by having spell shield/cancel items such as or .
- But remember that Noxian Corrosive Charge or Acid Hunter, especially if you are going to engage him without anything between you and him block only one ability, he can easily pop the shield with
- Although Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser, you will still swap positions with him. After removing the suppression, run towards your team to put Urgot in an unfavorable position. will remove the suppression from