|Champion||Background||Details & Strategy||Artwork & Credits|
From the Journal of Kassadin: The Void is a home, if one could ever call it that, to beings so dark and twisted, the mortal mind couldn't even begin to comprehend it without falling to its whispers, as was the case of Malzahar, or making a sacrifice so grievous it was unforgivable as in the case of myself. It creates its own, as well as steals victims from other dimensions, amassing an army, that none could hope to stop, especially if the signs are ignored and marked off as "opportunities to research". Of the many things it takes in, many are animals who happen to step into the wrong clearing one day where a rift has opened. These creatures have began to become known as the Swarm of the Void. At their figure head stood three creatures who came from Valoran, they are the most vicious, cunning, and powerful of all of the beings, and have been given the most from the will of the void.
Omen, Qualm and Gevaar were once regular dogs, they were known as Ooni, Quarky, and Flopsy to a hunter named Hubert Holmen who left to hunt on day with his dogs to bring dinner home to his two children and his wife. Misfortune befell their family that day, as their dogs had been consumed by the void, and as speculation would have it, when they returned to Valoran on a mission from the Will of the Void, destroyed their family, and the village they lived in. They still chatter in laughter after every session of study the League puts them through as though they are planning something. Even the behavior of Cho'Gath and Kog'Maw, who were also captured by the League have changed to a more sinister mood. Dark times lie ahead of us, especially with the advent of the malicious figurehead of the Swarm of the Void."
- Omen has a violent sound to his voice and is deeper than the rest.
- Qualm is at a high baritone tone, and sounds as if each word is carefully calculated.
- Gevaar is at a medium tenor tone, and sounds maniacal, and crazed.
- Upon Selection
- ".....in numbersssss...."
- Omen: "I see agony!"
- Qualm: "I sense fear!"
- Gevaar: "I smell chicken!"
- "We go."
- Qualm: "That is logical."
- Qualm: "I'm surrounded by idiots......"
- Gevaar: "Wait...which way? Ohhh..."
- Occasionally, when the swarm turns around Gevaar will trip, snarl, and run quicker to catch back up.
- Omen: "Moron."
- "Yesssss.....feed us!"
- Omen: "Enough of the fineries! Let's tear them apart!"
- "By the Will of the Void....be consssumed...."
- Activating Dark Swarm
- During Dark Swarm the Swarm become pitch black and leave a shadow trail behind them, their eyes are all yellow.
- "Only a tassste of what is to come!"
- "Flee fleshlings......"
- "Bow Before....."
- Upon Death
- Their skin begins to crack in multiple spots revealing the void energy that runs through them, it brightens and then they shatter like glass, the glass then melts into a pool of purple ooze on the ground.
- "HISSSSS.....return....to the void...."
- "CURSE IT"
- "AAAAHHH! The pain......"
- Qualm: "Its all your faults!"
- Omen: "Mine? You couldn't ev--"
- Gevaar: "I don't think that last meal agreed with me..."
- Gevaar explodes killing the other two with him*"
- Upon scoring a kill
- "No Esssscape!"
- Upon killing Kassadin
- "The void smilesssss......the traitor dead!"
- Qualm: "uh...joke? uh...Of course we're broken, we scale!"
- Omen: "That's not funny....what abou--"
- Gevaar: "The human resistance! bahaha!!"
- Omen: "Join the void! We have --"
- Gevaar: "Indigestion!"
- "They resisssst, but we shall not be denied...."
- If used after Kog'Maw's joke "CHARGE!"
- Idle animations
- Gevaar suddenly falls over asleep and snores loudly, remains as such until another command is given or the rare sequence occurs.
- The swarm begins to open a portal to the void.
- "(Begins to open void portal) Behold our true pow--"
- Gevaar: "Ohh a butterfly! I WANNA EAT IT!"
- The other two struggle to keep the void open
- Omen: "Gevaar you accursed wretch!!"
- Gevaar realizes he's too slow, saps more energy from the other two causing them to fail, and fires a void ball at the butterfly roasting it.
- Gevaar: "GOT IT! what we're we doing again?"
- The Swarm was designed by Bergmesiter.
For those of you who don't already know me, My name is BergMeister. I am a second year Illustration Major taking an interest into the Concept Art world and decided to join this forum as a way to express my creativity. This champion is my first champion and therefore took me a while to complete it as I had to do a lot of research to make sure nothing conflicted with anything as well as research using the kind souls who are more experienced at making champions who created guides and such. And a shout-out to Wuffle, I broke two of your rules. One: I made a void champion. Two: I made a champion based upon one of the champion Riot dumped. I still think it turned out pretty well though.
Without further ado, I present to you: the Swarm of the Void - Omen, Qualm, and Gevaar.
The Swarm is a deep combo system champion - by activating one ability, you change what the other 2 do. There are a total of 15 different abilities that can be preformed not including the ultimate which will remain constant, but only 3 (not including the ultimate) can be used per combo. For Dota players, the closest champion you can relate this to is Invoker, however there is A LOT less ability combinations and therefore a lot less memorization to do, and as a result would indeed fit well into the League as a high skill level champion. The Swarm's abilities are on a health cost system, and rely on chasing down a target or multiple targets by keeping up stacks by killing minions, completing combos, or killing enemy champions. They scale on AD, and deal mixed damage.
The swarm has 3 options in playstyle: a physical damage attack dealing more damage but only one target, a cc route, or multi-target abilities that deal less damage but does more in teamfights. You would start by activating one of the 3 marks. The mark from Omen is the start of the route for single target, the mark of Qualm starts the cc chain, and the mark of Gevaar is the AOE chain. The next ability to be used is from any ability other than the one you started on and under "second ability." If you started Q for example, look at the "second ability" under W and E. Find the one that says "from Q. and follow that path, those are the abilities that would open up when you start Q. When you choose your 2nd ability, the letter you choose will also become unavailable leaving you with only one option left. So if I started Q, and used my W next, I am left with my E. I look under E to "3rd ability" and that is what the finisher will do.
I was amongst the group of summoners who was sad to see Omen cancelled due to his inability to fit in any particular role. I took it upon myself to rework Omen with a few of my ideas and recently came up with a good and solid one that I like.
I kept many of the things I liked about omen, including the name but other things as well for example, the void look to him as well as a reptilian type beast, monsters are always a huge hit, especially if they're from the void. Also, the idea of him having spines on the back was the coolest things ever in my honest opinion and I wanted to incorporate that into my design even if it was or was not part of the final skill set.
My idea began to come together when I read a post that said, one of the reasons omen didn't work is when people said he didn't fit as a concept because he looks like he should have an entire swarm of them behind him. So I thought, well why the hell not? Lets bring in two more voidbeasts that are nearly identical to him and have them work as one champion and let the Swarm factor be prevalent in their lore.
Early Production and IntentionsEdit
My early thoughts on the Swarm's skillset would be something as simple as Q increases omen's damage passively, and does something actively, W increases Qualm's damage, etc etc etc. However, I began to dislike this idea, because it separated them as a whole, and thus began to rethink it. My ideas soon found their root in an interesting mechanic and it went like this: You use your Q, it changes what your W and E do, you use a second ability and it changes what the last does. You start with you W, it changes what your Q and E do. and so on and so forth, perhaps one doing more damage, one route offering more cc, or another offering more sustain or pushing power or AOE. The Swarm was originally an energy based champion, however it felt useless to have a resource they really couldn't run out of, and I found it more of a hassle to add in energy recharges into each ability. Therefore I did away with energy and implemented a health cost, and added in ways for them to regain health, by modifying their ultimate's passive, yet then I felt their early game would be too weak, so I switched the passives. With the current set, they are encouraged to farm, and gives them a jungle strength if they choose to do that. I also removed the AP ratios as I decided to make the Swarm similar to how Shyvana is built where she scales on AD but does more hybrid damage, rather than making them scale both AP and AD, and struggle to get items to suit that and end up being weaker than most champions, or not using their full rotation.
As far as personality and lore went, I had always loved famous trios such as the Three Stooges and the Hyena trio from Lion King, because of their ability to brighten the mood no matter how sour it was. I thought about making 3 stupid void dogs, but I thought that might get old rather fast. So my inspiration took more to the hyenas in their intelligence heights. One would be stupid, one didn't care about anything other than his stomach, and the other was cunning and crafty. Yet, I wanted them to have the same relationship with each other that the stooges did, constantly picking on each other and calling each other names, but yet at the end of the day an inseparable trio that put each other first before anything else: even the void! With that and all the humor they brought, I wanted them to have a darker and deeper side. These were bloodthirsty creatures that killed for sport, and would kill even young children. But it was to be understood, they were not always like that, the void changed their persona and killed the creatures they were before, their humor that they express now, is the lying corpse of what was before they were turned. But yet, even the void could not separate their unity as one.
- Abaddon the Destroyer
- Averdrian the Mind of Oblivion
- Baron Nashor the Exalted One
- Dimitri the Surgeon's Fervor
- Ebonmaw the Terror of Zaun
- Milo the Sunfire Alchemist
- Mutiny the Pirate King
- Nighthawk the Winged Fury
- Nostrilla the Bogey Shaman
- Oberon the Faerie King
- Puck the Mischievous Sprite
- Riah the Plight of the Sands
- Sion the Nearly-Headless Axeman
- Wilros the Savant of Demacia
- Yaga the Stray Little Witch
- Dirk the Noxian Beastmaster
- Finn and Ebb, the Tidehunters
- Jolt the Lightning Thief
- Nex the Gravesworn
- Shang, Kung Fu Master
- Dynasty the Spirit Linker
- Marcel the Shadow Mime
- The Puppet Master
- Scar the Painted Mage
- Seraph the Mana Elemental
- Titania, Regent of the Glade
- Weeping Angel
- Charlette the Oncoming Swarm
- Halder the Whizzzard
- Sire the Herald of Despair
- Manthas the Master of Prestige
- Metatron, Voice of the Goddess
- Odyssey the Hired Gun
- Prophet, Avatar of the Ancients
- Rasper the Frightful Ghost
- Quantum the Holomancer
- Quorra the Aegis of Ionia
- Relic the Chronarch
- Stefan the Ironspine Ripper
- Whisper the Mana Wind
- York the Bandle Gunslinger
- Zelos the Ionian Sergeant