I think the champion ability detailing project is a great idea but before the animation graphics go any further some of the problems with them need to be addressed.
- Videos must be deinterlaced.
- Interlacing is causing the detail to be obscured. This is probably a capture or conversion error since the source material isn't rendered interlaced.
- Videos need to be cropped to the action.
- Dragon flapping its wings in 50% of the shot is an unnecessary distraction when the aim of the animation is to detail a champion ability. Correct cropping can enlarge the important part of the shot making detail clearer.
- Summoner names need to be turned off.
- If any personally identifiable information leaks into the shot after cropping it should be considered invalid and redone.
- The GIF palette need to be optimized.
- At the moment it looks like a web-safe palette given the graininess of the image. I realise it's a full colour image but I'm pretty sure Photoshop and other graphics applications ship with better adaptive algorithms. Though this is conjecture, investigation is recommended.
- Cho'Gath The Terror of the Void/Ability Details. Example page.