Every person in Runeterra is born with exquisite gifts, a fact that many could not oppose. Many can create peculiar fancies, excel in physical prowess or have unusually high intellect that all may be considered otherworldly. Yet some are known to live in solitary to pursue a familiar goal. Hermits, they say, compose roughly five percent of the populace. Their isolation is a must for they belong to prominent bloodlines. Prominent not for their reputation in the community, but for the queer connection of these hermits to the ancient sentinels. Gaea is one of them and a famous one at that, a molder of the green nature and its motherly carer. But due to urban civilization, the vulnerable status of the earthly kingdom has been frowned upon. And so a quick search for Gaea's direct descendant had been executed.
In the solitary mountain village of Kabala is where it began. Shamans detected for the remnants of Gaea's magical essence, which opened their senses to a trail tracing back to a pregnant woman. The shamanic monks had a united belief it was the soon-to-be mother, namely Liceris. In spite of her carriage, she was forced to trail down the mountain and restore nature in the lower fields with the magic of Gaea in her blood. Liceris was carried in a horse-powered cart where her husband also occupied, and the travel lasted for half a day. At the grass-choked plains is where they began the attempt, which is right beside the towering buildings that subtracted the plantation's commodious area. Liceris started to channel mystical power, yet it was different from what was expected. She possessed a kind of magic that let her manipulate spectrums of light, vastly different from the nature-recuperating type that Gaea had. As a brilliant burst of varicolored rainbow enveloped the tangerine sunset sky, the physical force balanced with another burst of howling pain. Liceris was giving birth.
Her husband, Palancho, carried Liceris back to the cart where she could safely deliver the baby. Intense groaning was the only sound that perforated the cart's woolen and wooden structure, the shamans patiently waiting outside as they perform an unneeded ritual that they thought was useful to their current situation. The sun had finally set after the baby was delivered into the outside world, Liceris fainting from the pain and Palancho crying tears of bliss to see their new daughter. The naive shamans welcomed the infant with more uncanny rituals, much to the father's dismay. It was only that moment when they felt the sensation once more; the presence of Gaea in the proximity. A glittering trail did they saw again, but this stronger one traced to the new baby. They realized that this infant is a hope for naturedom, and in embarrassment, the shamans decided to return to Kabala along with the whole group, after Liceris had woken up. Back at the mountain's summit where the village is situated, the baby was given her own name to boast: Demetria. She is a direct descendant and the current vessel of Gaea, which made her so special for the village folk. The shamanic monks took care of Liceris and Palancho's daughter, guarding her from any kind of evil that seeks to end Gaea's bloodline. This was the repeating situation in her environment while she grew up, until Demetria had a calling at the age of eighteen.
Similar to how they took Liceris down the mountain, the mature Demetria, who prefers to name herself Diuata, traveled to the lower plains with her subordinate shamans. It was also for the same reason on which she promptly began to put her full magical potency to important use. The wilting plants and bent stems of flora were rapidly enliven as soon as a tiny drop of magical blood from Diuata touched their crumpling leaves. In the celebration of success, now the whole field had recuperated, the mystic group went on to bigger areas. Zaun didn't have any plains to heal, and they even got ambushed by a ragtag bunch of criminals. Piltover is somehow the same, a few plants growing here and there but not enough to balance the occupied areas of urban and rural. Noxus, too, is nonsense for her magic and Demacia is only at the same state with Piltover. Diuata was losing hope and was becoming tired of the long expedition, so she needed more of mystical magi. The shamans who were also fatigued directed her to the forest near Freljord, which according to them, is a place for practitioners of such power. Diuata responded to their instructions and found herself in an ancient field located on a high platform, not conquered with trees, but with the mystical essence of nature. It is no ordinary plateau like she expected but the infamous Summoner's Rift.
"Whatever I do in life, I always give a hundred percent unless my blood is on the line."― Diuata
- "Indeed, life is priceless yet my blood is an exception!"
- "Nature loved you."
- "We are fated."
- "A literal bloodbath."
- "This fascinates me."
- "Bathe in purification."
- "Violence, I loathe and love."
- "I bear her blood! Fear me!"
- "My eyes are not blind, 'cause I could still see."
- "My ears are not clogged, well, a little."
- "My lips are not zipped. Really, a zipper?"
- "Trees are also my eyes, although their selves don't."
- "My feet are never restrained, yet theirs could be."
- "The whimpering breezes soothe me. Nice!"
- "I am directly her descendant, not an illegitimate."
- "Indeed, I am peculiar. But that does not debilitate me!"
- "Movement - where feet compete for dominance."
- "I weathered down due to endless walk, not because of my foes!"
- "Dirt doesn't stain me. It aids me in an abnormal way."
- "I have practically become the Earth - endlessly rotating in circles."
- "We should never give up! Walking couldn't kill you with one blow."
- "Go on with the motion, I shall soon reach my destination."
- "You know it's hard to carry a large weapon while venturing."
- "My seeds fell! They'll grow trees, though, no worries."
- "The grounds allure me! More space to recuperate."
- "Whenever, wherever, you'll see a remnant of Gaea. She never leaves."
- "Vines are motherly. They like hugging!"
- "My blood becomes a price to buy yours."
- "I aided the continuous growth of Earth, yet you intervened."
- "Your gift is wasted. Pay the price."
- "The price is, just something nonsense, which is your life."
- "Let your blood flow through your veins! It's for the very last time."
Taunting an enemy Ashe
- "Avarosa? Maybe Gaea knew her."
Taunting an enemy Lissandra
- "You're still alive? What an old hag."
Taunting an enemy Sejuani
- "Serylda? Maybe Gaea knew her."
Taunting an enemy Sivir
- "Azir? Maybe Gaea knew him."
- "Wait, Azir is in the League?"
- "Humor is not one of my specialties..."
- "... Yet I can laugh. I'm not that cold."
- "Stop forcing me! I won't even budge."