Kronid, the Dragonborn Emperor is a custom champion.
Kronid's abilities have no cost related to them, and the use of his abilities is only limited by cooldowns. Instead he uses Soul Fragments as his secondary resource. Kronid does not gain points to learn or rank up his abilities as he levels up. (He continues to start with 1 ability point at his first level, or 3 in the Crystal Scar and the Howling Abyss) Instead, whenever he collects 20 Soul Fragments, he consumes them to gain 1 ability point.
All of Kronid's abilities have 3 ranks.
If Kronid kills an enemy unit, he absorbs its Soul Fragments no matter how far away it is from him. Otherwise, Soul Fragments drop from slain enemies that were killed within 2000 range of Kronid, and Kronid may absorb them by walking near them. Enemies drop a varying amount of souls.
- 0 for champion clones
- 1 for small minions, spiderlings, , plants, ghouls, Kronid's fire wyrms
- 2 for large minions, small monsters, Dragon Thralls
- 3 for super minions, Giant Wolf, Wraith, Wight
- 5 for Ancient Golem, Lizard Elder, Tibbers,
- 6 for most champions
- 7 for Kronid, , ,
- 12 for ,
- 20 for
Disclaimer: Numbers still under adjustment.
In ancient times, dragons subjugated humans and ruled over them. The dragons were revered and feared (mostly feared) by men and yordles, and their primary servants were the dragon priests. These dragon priests relayed commands to the "lower races" from their dragon masters, and enforced their rule.
Kronid was one of these dragon priests. Kronid rapidly ascended the ranks of the priesthood by demonstrating his power and by servilely obeying the commands of his dragon masters, and was given the responsibility of governing his homeland, the Freljord. It was only a short time later that Kronid orchestrated an event that would become the stuff of history and legends: the Dragon Rebellion.
It all started when Kronid and several warriors he secretly gathered from across Valoran invaded another dragon priest's domain, killed him, and took over. The dragons did not respond kindly to this breach of their authority, and in mere moments dragons swarmed Kronid and his makeshift army. Kronid and his army killed several of them, but soon most of his army was decimated and Kronid was cornered. As the dragons advanced on him, Kronid suddenly felt a great power rise up within him. He shouted, and at that moment, spectral dragon-like armor formed around him. The dragons lashed out at Kronid, but their attacks simply glanced off. Kronid promptly killed each of the dragons, one by one.
That day, Kronid discovered that he could absorb the souls of dragons and use their powers. Upon hearing of his victory, vast numbers of warriors allied with Kronid, and they overthrew the dragon regime. The remaining dragons were enslaved, banished, killed, or sided with Kronid. Kronid was hailed as a hero, and took over as Valoran's emperor. In some ways, he was as cruel as the dragons before him, but at least the common people no longer had to put up with feeding their family and friends to dragons every other week.
History does not know what happened to Kronid, other than that his empire crumbled in the end. Some think he might have been overthrown himself, while others think he was involved in some crazy world-warping accident. All that is known now is that one day, ten years ago, he arrived at the Institute of War's doorstep and demanded to join the League of Legends.
- Upon Selection
- "The world will know Kronid once again."
- "I am my own master."
- "I control my fate."
- "I grow impatient."
- "I was once feared throughout Runeterra."
- "I will show them true power."
- "Not even eternity can hold me back."
- "Power is worthless without freedom."
- "Remember that I am not your servant, summoner."
- "The gods are laughing at us, you know."
- "This is a temporary arrangement."
- "Behold my power."
- "Face the power of a dragonborn!"
- "Foolish child."
- "Have a glorious end."
- "Nothing can hold me back."
- "Watch and learn."
- Upon using Fire Breath
- "Yol!" (Rank 1)
- "Yol... toor!" (Rank 2)
- "Yol toor shul!" (Rank 3)
- Upon using Unrelenting Force
- "Fus!" (Rank 1)
- "Fus... ro!" (Rank 2)
- "Fus ro dah!" (Rank 3)
- Upon using Whirlwind Sprint
- "Wuld!" (Rank 1)
- "Wuld... na!" (Rank 2)
- "Wuld na kest!" (Rank 3)
- Upon using Dragon Aspect
- "Mul!" (Rank 1)
- "Mul... qah!" (Rank 2)
- "Mul qaah diiv!" (Rank 3)
- Upon using Call Dragon
- "Come, my loyal servant!"
- "Rise from your grave!"
- "Your soul is bound to me for eternity."
- Upon reaching rank 3 on all skills
- "My power can now be truly unleashed."
- Sometimes, upon absorbing a soul
- "One step closer."
- "Ziil los dii du."
- "I have defeated dragonkind! Do you dare stand up to me?"
- "I was once a mere mortal like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee."
- "POWER! UNLIIIIMIIIITED POWER!"
- Upon dying
- "I'll…be back."
- "This…cannot be."
- "You may have picked up the weapons of the ancient sun hero, but you are not their equal!"
- "I will crush you, and take back the empire you stole."
- "Only a fool sacrifices freedom for power and bondage."
- "Let me teach you the real power of a dragon."
- "You have no idea of the true power a dragonborn can wield!"
- Taunting or
- "Unlike you, I control my power. Your power controls you."
- Upon absorbing a soul dropped by or the
- "Excellent. The soul of a dovah."
- Upon absorbing a soul dropped with
- "Not this time, Thresh. This one's mine."
- Upon landing the killing blow on Ancient Golem, Lizard Elder, or if it was dealt damage by enemy sources , ,
- "This creature's soul belongs to me."
- "Thank you for your help. We will meet again soon."
- "I grow ever stronger."
- Upon killing
- "I'm afraid they're mine now, Thresh."
- December 8, 2013 (post created)
- Added taunt against . If there's one thing Kronid likes more than power, it's freedom.
- Clarified the number of souls given by Kronid himself and his pets.
- Cooldown of Unrelenting Force increased to 20 / 17 / 14 from 16 / 13 / 10.
- Fire Breath changed so that Fire Wyrms are only created with a rank 3 Fire Breath.