Those of you who follow my blog will have noticed that I have spent some time away. I have been spending time considering all the things in my life, and I have chosen to leave the League of Legends.
Of course, the inevitable question is "Why?".
Let me be clear. League of Legends is an incredible game, far more balanced than most of the haters will say, and so awesome a game that I would group it with the likes of the original DOOM and Deus Ex games. It is innately replayable, and what may seem to be mere repetition rarely (if ever) seems boring. I have spent a considerable amount of time, energy, and money on this exceptional game. I enjoy the lore as well; champion design has, overall, been top-notch and should be envied by other game …Read more >
- : Yes, it looks like a support item, but a touch of
survivability combined with infinite free wards becomes ridiculous
fast, especially with three or more people on team having it. That
much vision means that much more of the map under your control. I
get it for everyone. Supports should prioritize the upgrade to ,
while it's late-game luxury for everyone else.
- By the way: Math-hammer says that you only need to drop 6 wards (8 for Ruby) for the Sightstone to be cost-effective. Seriously, guys, if you're bothering to drop wards in a game and only drop 6, you're slacking off pretty seriously.
- + (esp. with ) An old trick, sure, teleport to your wards, but rapid redeployment has never before had so ridiculous an aid as is. After 'porting to…
- : Yes, it looks like a support item, but a touch of survivability combined with infinite free wards becomes ridiculous fast, especially with three or more people on team having it. That much vision means that much more of the map under your control. I get it for everyone. Supports should prioritize the upgrade to , while it's late-game luxury for everyone else.
Note that THESE ARE NOT ORIGINALLY MINE. I just don't see where else to post these, and I'm sure that they should be in the oublic eye. They are copy-pasted from this thread on the League of Legends boards, originally provided by 1Eredale. Again, none of the content that follows is mine originally; I just believe that a copy of this should be kept on the Wiki even though I'm not sure where (aside, obviously, from my own blog).
So, based on the altar quotes so gracefully provided by MrHarz (thank you!), I can deduce the following:Read more >
- The West Altar Spirit (from here, Lady) has been a resident of the Shadow Isles before the East Altar Spirit (from here, Lord) - making remarks regarding the past a lot more often, she refers to longer periods of…
It seems to me that people just don't understand supporting champions at all. I mean, seriously, if I'm playing as Leona, why am I being complained about when I'm, say, 0/5/12? Or when I'm Taric, and my allies complain that I don't deal damage?
It gets even better when other people complain about supporting champions getting even a meager two kills, especially when, like Nunu, that particular support takes only one or two items to switch to being a major damage-dealer. Apparently, getting kills means that I'm being too greedy and not focusing enough on letting the ADC get kills. In my opinion, "KS" is a compliment meaning "Kill secure."
On a related note, am I the only one around here who actually likes Taric the way he is and thinks tha…Read more >
, , |health = 60 |attack = 70 |spells = 70 |difficulty = 60 |hp = 400 (+85) |mana = 50 (+50) |damage = 60 (+3) |attackspeed = 0.600 (+3.0%) |range = 125 |armor = 30 (+3) |magicresist = 30 (+1) |healthregen = 15.0 (+0.40) |manaregen = 10.0 (+0.20) |speed = 330 }}
Josiah, the Hand of Flame is a custom champion on the League of Legends Wiki. He was designed to be a melee caster that benefited strongly from highly aggressive play. His ultimate made some interesting balancing necessary: I chose to make the abilities' base damages constant across all ability ranks while scaling his ratios with ability rank. My main concern is that his early game may be too weak and his late game too stro…Read more >