Upon selecting Mackal:
- At your service!
- This will be amusing to watch!
- I wonder how long this is going to take!
- I should install legs on the Hat. I wouldn't have to wear shoes!
- This is exciting, but boring at the same time.
- I am known for having an amazing sense of humor. If you don't laugh, you get stabbed!
- What is white, then suddenly red? Their underwear when I'll stab their bums!
- Why don't they scream while being buried alive? No one wants to die with the taste of dirt in their mouth!
- Near Shaco: I feel very honored to meet you. Let's have some tea, then a knife fight.
- The Hat is talking to me! whispering aggressively Stab! Stab! Stab!
- Upon casting HatBot: It just wants to hug! And kill you!
- Upon casting Catch!, all enemies touched and Mackal hear: Timeout, sweetheart!
Mackal is a psychopath who craved to kill people as he wished, but didn't want to be sent in prison for his crimes. He came up with the idea of creating a top hat that looked so evil he could blame it for his crimes, saying it's speaking to him. After being sent a few times to rot in an asylum, he started going even crazier than ever and hearing his hat whisper in his ear, killing people making it silent for a while. After five years of murder and insanity he gave up, embraced his madness and followed Shaco's path to the League of Legends.
- Not using the Hat Trick effect when it's available will make you throw hats at turrets. Instead of using melee attacks, this trick will make you gain some useful range.
- Your passive effect will allow you to gank other lanes easily. Pink wards are the only vision item able to see you.
- While using Catch! on enemy champions is useful to neutralize them and deal a lot of damage, using it to protect allies gives the enemies an opportunity to make very efficient zone spells when the Hat explodes and you're all gathered in a small area.