Cris Etherius is an anti-caster tanky support mage champion. She excels in cutting off chasers, protecting allies from damage, disrupting aoe channels and setting up clashes.
Her skillset makes her viable for a variety of roles. Proper usage of skills can either make or break a clash, similar to Gragas or Janna's ultimate that have displacement effects. There is also a risk involved regarding if it is a good choice to split the shield to aid allies or keep it to prevent being nuked down.
This is my first custom champion idea. Any comment or suggestion to improve it is highly appreciated.
| Cris Etherius|
the White Knight
- Etherius generates a shield even if the ability is self cast or allied cast.
- Etherius' absorption shield only blocks magic damage.
- Cleave and Smash can be cast while moving.
- Cleave and Smash goes on cooldown after all three instances are used.
- Sacrifice converts and gives 100% of Cris' shield + base shield strength to a single target. If there are two allied champions it is 50% of shield + base shield strength.
- Cris can move again if Barrier Assault's duration ends, the shield is depleted, a crowd control ability is used on her or if the ability is used again to cancel its effects.
- Barrier Assault's counter attack can apply half the duration of any crowd control effect used on her. (I.E. Silence, Stuns, Blinds, Taunts, Slows)
- Barrier Assault's dash can not pass through walls and can not target enemies if they are hidden.
- Wings of Light is a ground targeted line area of effect ability that has an initial effect upon activation. All enemies hit by the initial effect are launched into the air and gain a small debuff that amplifies the damage of the channeling ability.
- Wings of Light's channeling part pushes all enemies caught in its AoE towards the end of the targeted line. Regardless if they have been hit by the initial knock up.
- It is possible to cancel Wings of Light's channeling part if Cris uses another ability or moves away breaking the channel.
Cris presents a variety of game styles and a few troll styles. The following are basically suggestions and theories regarding her possible builds.
- Full tank - Improve her defense against auto-attack champions and make her extremely resilient to ability damage. Though it would be a bit hard to farm with very low attack damage and attack speed. Sacrifice would give a less than stellar shield to allies but clash presence can still be felt due to her abundance in CC.
- Tanky AP Caster - A little weaker toughness-wise than a full tank but has the merit of pitching in a few more damage with her abilities. Ability Power increases the strength of her abilities in offense and defense.
- Aura Support - Due to her nature of being in the middle of battle, auras aren't such a bad idea.
- Full AP Caster - With decent AP scalings, a bit of innate toughness against ability damage, an ability to prevent Crowd Control effects and returning said effect to the enemy while providing a gap closer with damage. A FUll AP caster build can deal medium to high damage but sacrificing survival.
- CDR Caster - At max CDR, she can block crowd control effects every 7-8 seconds. Shield all allies in a 1000 AoE with a moderate to weak shield every 9 seconds. Root enemies in place for 1.5 seconds every 9-10 seconds and deal a 250-700 damage ultimate with decent Crowd Control every minute or so.