On the matter of a rework, I think some of Sion's champion statistics are terrible for his role, which inspired me to improve or decrease them in relation to the following reworking of his abilities. Each individual alteration will be explained in details.
- HEALTH AND SCALING HEALTH: Sion is a fighter, meaning he has to stand in the fire line of the enemy carries during a teamfight. He relies on his melee range to inflict damage. In the current version of Sion, his base health is ridiculously low (403) while his scaling health is very high (+104). Sion has a difficult time in the early levels in the top lane against most champions, however with the rework he will pose a bigger treat in many matchups. As a statement of this early game treat, I chose to increase Sion's base health just bellow the average base health of all combined fighters (431.4).
I don't believe Sion should be an early game champion, but this should help him go pass these first levels and allows him a better presence in laning phase. Because of this incrementation in Sion's base health, I decreased the scaling health of the champion, so it rises a little bit under what he gained as base health. This puts him at a level that is similar to Trundle's health and scaling health.
- MANA: I chose to make Sion manaless. Why? Because it suits the lore and the gameplay of the champion. Sion always had tremendous mana issues, I don't want this. I believe his mana issues were the core of the champion's problem. Instead, I chose to gave Sion health costs on his abilities (as Dr. Mundo, Zac, etc.) as a restriction.
Sion already has high health regen, which makes viable the path I am taking.
- ATTACK SPEED: I tweaked Sion's attack speed up, turning him into a more viable late game treat just with base statistics. This tweak is minor and I'm just addressing it here so people notice it.
Tips and tricks
- USE 'DECAY' TO ZONE OUT YOUR OPPONENT: Try to kill a caster creep when your opponent is behind his caster creeps. This will force your opponent to avoid the area of effect unless he wants to take damage. With proper execution you can prevent melee champions from slaying your melee creeps.
- TRAP AN ENEMY IN THE 'DECAY' AREA: With a few points in 'Shockwave', you may be able to kill caster minions instantly, locking your opponent in the 'Decay' area for a longer period.
- USE 'MEAT SHIELD' WITH 'SLAUGHTER': 'Meat Shield' will prevent Sion from taking damage when attacking with his 'Slaughter', but the enemy will still be bleeding to death.