- Retain his niche as a the League's literal tank - a slow
- Take heed of the lessons learned by and . I'm inclined toward a bombardment damage paradigm, to both distinguish Urgot from Kog'Maw as well as not fall pray to the issues that lead to Kog'Maw's rework being reverted.
- Pick a more appropriate ultimate for an artillery champion.
- Separate his lore from Sion, with regards to being a
resurrected Noxian war hero.
- I'm inclined toward dialling-up his Zaunite thematic - pipes and green gas.
- While still a decorate war hero, his defection to become a kingpin of Zaun's criminal underword is not well received b…
Read more >
The following is my implementation of Riot's intended goals and outcomes for their upcoming Assassin Roster Update.
- AD assassin itemisation overhaul.
- likely to become melee only.
- AP item changes are unlikely due to AP assassins being fairly well supported by existing AP items.
- Stealth rework, which will affect all stealth champions and not just assassins.
- Personal Wants
- All damage over times and stored damage effects will now use a pending damage indicator.
- Larger windows of opportunity for opponents.
- Sinister Steel and Shunpo will likely not be an instantaneous combo.
- More laning power. She currently just snipes CS with her Q.
- Skill floor and ceiling will likely be going up, so there is
more room for mastery.
- We also want to make her cur…
Read more >
The current "Attack power, spell power, defense and difficulty" model is being scrapped.
The new ratings are as follows:
- Damage type (physical, magical or mixed)
- Damage style (slider between attacks and abilities)
- Difficulty (out-of-3)
- Radar (out-of-3)
- Damage - A champion's ability to deal damage.
- Toughness - A champion's ability to take damage.
- Crowd Control - A champion's ability to disable enemies.
- Mobility - A champion's ability to quickly relocate around the map.
- Utility - A champion's ability to grant beneficial effects to allies. Based on champions like Teemo and Zyra, I believe this also includes granting effects (but not true-sight).
My only issue with the proposed format is that the visuals within the client support a 0-3 index, but no cham…Read more >
' ' is... the best champion ever.
"The Witch of the Wastes" is a champion that's been sat on my back burner for a while. I was initially inspired by a large number of "animated" or "anthropomorphic" animals that seemed to originate from Plague Lands and neighbouring jungles, including , , and previously (although his origin has since been associated with Shurima), as well as my own champion concept, Zargonil. I imagined some sort of witch or shaman had been experimenting on animals, but never really explored this further.
At another point, I encountered the phrase, "the Witch of the Wastes" entirely out of any context and it immediately brought back thoughts of the Plague Witch. There was something... fitting about the title. I learned later …
Read more >
- Long standing issues I've had with Sona
- Her aura based mechanic currently doesn't lend itself to much
gameplay - particularly those "high impact moments" (which are
currently achieved by her ultimate).
- Her most recent rework removed her persistent auras, which for me contradicted her musical theme. She should be constantly playing!
- Her Hymn of Valor and Power Chord use too much of Sona's power
budget without contributing toward her unique aura-based spot in
- In fact, Hymn of Valar particularly encourages her to focus on a bland harass-based gameplay without much care for her auras.
So I recently started playing Overwatch, Blizzard's new First Person Shooter that draws a lot of parallels with Team Fortress 2. Now I should probably sta…Read more >