Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The following is my implementation of Riot's intended goals and outcomes for their upcoming Assassin Roster Update.
- AD assassin itemisation overhaul.
- likely to become melee only.
- AP item changes are unlikely due to AP assassins being fairly well supported by existing AP items.
- Stealth rework, which will affect all stealth champions and not just assassins.
- Personal Wants
- All damage over times and stored damage effects will now use a pending damage indicator.
- Larger windows of opportunity for opponents.
- Sinister Steel and Shunpo will likely not be an instantaneous combo.
- More laning power. She currently just snipes CS with her Q.
- Skill floor and ceiling will likely be going up, so there is
more room for mastery.
- We also want to make her cur…
Read more >
The current "Attack power, spell power, defense and difficulty" model is being scrapped.
The new ratings are as follows:
- Damage type (physical, magical or mixed)
- Damage style (slider between attacks and abilities)
- Difficulty (out-of-3)
- Radar (out-of-3)
- Damage - A champion's ability to deal damage.
- Toughness - A champion's ability to take damage.
- Crowd Control - A champion's ability to disable enemies.
- Mobility - A champion's ability to quickly relocate around the map.
- Utility - A champion's ability to grant beneficial effects to allies. Based on champions like Teemo and Zyra, I believe this also includes granting effects (but not true-sight).
My only issue with the proposed format is that the visuals within the client support a 0-3 index, but no cham…Read more >
' ' is... the best champion ever.
"The Witch of the Wastes" is a champion that's been sat on my back burner for a while. I was initially inspired by a large number of "animated" or "anthropomorphic" animals that seemed to originate from Plague Lands and neighbouring jungles, including , , and previously (although his origin has since been associated with Shurima), as well as my own champion concept, Zargonil. I imagined some sort of witch or shaman had been experimenting on animals, but never really explored this further.
At another point, I encountered the phrase, "the Witch of the Wastes" entirely out of any context and it immediately brought back thoughts of the Plague Witch. There was something... fitting about the title. I learned later …
Read more >
- Long standing issues I've had with Sona
- Her aura based mechanic currently doesn't lend itself to much
gameplay - particularly those "high impact moments" (which are
currently achieved by her ultimate).
- Her most recent rework removed her persistent auras, which for me contradicted her musical theme. She should be constantly playing!
- Her Hymn of Valor and Power Chord use too much of Sona's power
budget without contributing toward her unique aura-based spot in
- In fact, Hymn of Valar particularly encourages her to focus on a bland harass-based gameplay without much care for her auras.
So I recently started playing Overwatch, Blizzard's new First Person Shooter that draws a lot of parallels with Team Fortress 2. Now I should probably sta…Read more >
In the near future we are to see a complete rework to the game's class system, which Riot covered the basics of in this blog. At the start of June, they published a thread in the Dev Corner that details the planned roles for each champions. For your convenience, I have combined below (left) a list of the planned classes as well as the champions Riot has assigned to them.
Note that Riot's is classifying champions by their target fantasy, rather than how they are currently played or built from patch-to-patch (e.g. Ekko's fantasy is an assassin, but he is currently played as a tank due to itemization exploitation). That said, in the comment section it has become apparent that Riot is defending a lot of their choices based on how the champion i…Read more >