An enigmatic entity of cosmic origin, Siago constantly shifts between the worlds of mortals with a keen sense of regard for corruption. Although rarely having been sighted and officially recorded of by intelligible sources, numerous oft-repeated rumors and children's tales exist both in and outside of Valoran which heeds of the truths the cosmic entity may hold, or even embody. But nevertheless, these fables are no less than fictional constructs, and often barely scrape to assume the most ephemeral facets of Siago and hir true intents: to purge and annihilate the infants of the universe who have been tainted with the sin of overbearing intelligence, lest they bring none but further destruction and greed.
Marks and Astra
- Narrated by Azir,
The desert is no mere place of barren crumbs. Each and every grain of sand is made true by the passing of time.
But time; time itself is indeed a force of pure evil, regardless of the beauty it can carve out on others.
The mystical being regarded to itself as Sara when I'd asked for its name. And although its appearance would spark the interest of any commoners, what had caught my attention the most was the grace it conveyed with any of its motions.
I would not be here to remark of this chronicle if it was not for the alien creature, but none deserve not to be aware of the power this being is capable of. When it had warded an unsuspecting me from the wrath of the queen, it did not achieve the feat with its body, limbs, nor hands; but rather, through some mystical forces which cracks at the very potential of magic.
Sara is not of this world, and at least that is for certain. I do not know why it had saved me that serene night, nor do I think I ever will, but my instincts tell me that its motives weren't sourced from pity, nor anything even close to the emotions which humans are confined by.
SARA: "What... are you?"
SIAGO: "Nothing more than a myth, nothing less than reality."
SARA: "Why...? Why do you destroy us? Why all this...?"
SIAGO: "To hasten the cycle."
SARA: "The cycle?"
SIAGO: "Nothing good has ever come from your kind. You, sentients, you're all the same; like little children, you squander about, thinking you're the center of the universe. But the easy truth is that you're just like a sun, and a fragile one at that; you burn gloriously during your primes, but ultimately end up burning yourselves out into damnation."
SARA: "I don't... understand. Why... do we deserve this?"
SIAGO: "You don't. But you will soon enough; and you sentients aren't really worth the trouble of keeping alive. Sooner or later you would've brought this upon yourselves regardless of whether or not I'd intervened."
SARA: "You mean... there were ones before us... who'd been halted... like this...?"
SIAGO: "Yes, and there'll be more to follow."
SARA: "I... Ah..."
SIAGO: "... I... Sara, was it?"
The newborn sun pulsated, glowing a deep teal blue color as it illuminated the faces of its three siblings. Their hearts all beat harmoniously beneath their pale bodies, forming a musical feat nothing short of a masterfully orchestrated symphony. Then, one by one, they tardily opened their timid eyes; all but confounded infants introduced into an infinite universe, they began chanting joyfully upon having sighted each other for the first time. Their glows of ecstasy were those of which simply could not be unheeded of, even by the endless darkness of the assertive future.
But even light, can be killed.
- The name Siago is derived from Iago, the main antagonist of one of Shakespeare's plays.
- During development, the following names were also considered: Aciel, the Ravager; Kyle, the Renewer; and Casliva, the Reinstator.
- Proper development of both Siago's kit and background began on the 18th of May.
- Having gone through numerous iterations, ranging from a burst magus to a DPS support, Siago's kit once was actually focused around reverting the health percentages of both allied and enemy champions.
- Having been inspired by Ultron (the Marvel cinematic universe's version) who appears as the main antagonist in Avengers: Age of Ultron, Siago's title as a reinstator and hir obliviously omnicidal Übermensch tendencies are character paradigms which were simply carried over from Ultron himself.
- Siago was also once supposed to be metaphysical entity of artificial nature who originates from Zaun. However, due to the overbearing similarities this would have with Ultron, the idea was eventually scrapped.