- Bugarn effectively absorbs stuns and physical damage. This can help him stand vs early-pressure champions, as Pantheon or Riven.
- Bananas Bugarn receives at the beginning of the game help him sustain through enemy poke, making him pretty effective versus poke-based champions.
- Bugarn has great ganking potential. Jump right at the enemy to stun them with Savage Leap and then toss them into allied turret's range with Toss. Remember, that there's a chance that a minion will be tossed instead of the chosen enemy.
- Bugarn has long cooldowns on his abilities. When his abilities are cooling down, attack him!
- Bugarn has five bananas at the beginning of the game that might restore his health. Be sure to not poke him too much, instead try to go in, fight and eventually go back. Bananas don't grant much health per second and provide healing spread over long period of time.
- Try to stick to your minions, or later on, your tank if you do not want to be tossed right into your enemies. Try to get tossed into your enemies when playing Galio.