Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Note: If you're reading this. RWBY season 2 has finished, so it's time to roll out some extra champion pages based on the new information. First, altering team RWBY to discard outdated information and include new ones. For example, semblance was never taken into account in the original versions of these pages. I also promised to one guy I'd do JNPR when season 2 finished. But I didn't end up getting as much information as I'd hoped. Expect maybe one or two that I'll have to re-do later as their fighting style/semblances are elaborated on. See also, better titles.
If you don't know what RWBY is, then just know that this champion page is made based on that. Balanced values and, in some cases originality, will be a second thought to representing the character through this kit.In this version, Yang has been retooled from a run-of-the-mill bruiser with good hybrid-tank tendencies and some carrying power into a beserker bruiser with strong sticking power, and a reasonably powerful ultimate. I'm not feeling proud of this first draft as most of the values are pulled straight from the old version, so if you've got criticisms or little changes to share, share away. The help is appreciated. Hope you enjoy.
- Teammates with heals should wait until Yang falls under the threshold for Frenzy Trigger before healing her. She'll keep the bonuses even if she becomes healthy again, so long as she stays active in combat.
- Because the slow reduction is a component she can only receive by falling low on health, you might have to decide how many tanky stats you buy as a compromise between staying alive and benefitting from Frenzy Trigger.
- The active on Semblance of Determination has no cost. Apart from that, the only mana costs she needs to worry about are Recoil Jump and Buck Force Hook, with Big Bang Slam as an extra factor at level 6. Yang's base pool and regen are naturally low, but at least one mana item should cover your needs.
- Reserve your use of Recoil Jump, as it's usually the move that eats the most of your mana. At the same time, be careful about using Buck Force Hook as often as possible, as that can be even more in as little as three uses.
- An on-hit ability and an attack damage boost supplement carry potential for Yang, but do not leave her squishy. Look for items that provide both defensive and offensive stats, as well as possible supporting effects for the team.
- Yang has plenty of natural mobility. Feel free to postpone an upgrade to tier 2 boots, or even buying regular in the laning phase.
- Use the untargetable period from Big Bang Slam to evade strong targeted attacks or attacks you otherwise won't avoid getting hit by. If need be, burn the ult entirely to avoid inevitable death.
- Semblance of Determination has a relatively long cooldown. 12 seconds base at all levels. Only activate if you don't plan on getting into a dedicated fight soon, or if you're sure it'll save your life, since doing so removes all bonuses your passive was giving you until it's up again.