Not even a single clue has be found to reveal the origins of Sla'arth, but it is sure that, along with his brother Khrax, they are one of the oldest beings on Runeterra. They both acquired the secrets to becoming the almightiest beings that ever stepped on the land; practice. Together, the brothers trained their strengths to every possible edge, perfecting their already almighty powers every day.
While Sla'arth's mind remained clean and stable, Khrax's filled with greed and thirst for power, and he left one day without his his brother's awareness. In only a few days, horror and disturbance soared the whole nation due to Khrax's powers, misused for destruction. After a long time seeking for his sibling, they finally clashed one long-waited day, where a battle that the Runeterra civillians pleaded for. Their hopes came true as Sla'arth emerged victorious from the battle. With one final spell, Sla'arth established the end over his brother's tyranny.
Peace was finally restored over Runeterra, and finally realizing the potential of his powers, Sla'arth became a vigilant, vowing his best to defend the land from upcoming major threats. However, there was one special place in Valoran that Sla'arth took a special affection to: Freljord. The frozen aura from that place drew his attention, and eventually, ice blended with his ancient magic, empowering Sla'arth's already mighty abilities. Also on Freljord, Sla'arth clashed with Dew, the leader of a tribe from Freljord. Recognized by his strength, Sla'arth was called onforth by Dew for assistance. Warned about Dew's tale of the other tribe's wars eventually ending up destroying Freljord, he joined the League to defend his favorite territory from Runeterra alongside Dew's tribe, the Ancients, from the Avarosa, Iceborn and Winter's Claw.
"Sla'arth is, perhaps, the most powerful being in the whole of Runeterra. No one should ever challenge his power outside of the League, or it is going to meet a terrible fate."― Dew
- Champion selection
- "A mind as pure as ice."
- "I hear you, Summoner."
- "My magic is unmatchable."
- "I will not fail."
- "We shall end this quickly."
- "They cannot fight back the cold."
- "A calm mind always prevails."
- "I will freeze them at your wish."
- "Majestic, like snow."
- "I advance wisely."
- "Exactly, Summoner."
- "I will watch over Valoran."
- "I bear ancient magic."
- "Soon, all evils will be frozen."
- "Never forfeit."
- "I'll fight for your will."
- "I have fate in the Ancients."
- "Hope is the last to die."
- "Do I give you the chills, Summoner?"
- "Brace yourself for when the winter cold arrives."
- "I hope you planned your death to be frozen alive."
- "You think you can compare to my magic... mortal?"
- Taunting Khrax
- "You seem a bit heated, brother. Just... chill out."
- "I have imprisioned you once, and I have no problem on doing it twice."
- "No matter how hard you try, you will always be the underdog."
- "What nonsensical objective do you have this time, Khrax?"
- Taunting Yuurei
- "I will enjoy seeing you crawling to me after I shut you down."
- "A chill will descend down your spine after you taste my power."
- "You will be left to melt painfully and slowly, Yuurei."
- "What do you get from sitting on ice for too long? Polaroids! ...Well, that wasn't a very ice joke."
- "Now that is just some icing on the cake! Sigh, I just breaked the ice, didn't I?"
- Using Lethal Frost
- "Embrace the frost"
- "Feel the cold."
- "Lethal Frost!"
- Using Arcane Imprisonment
- "Where do you think you're going?"
- "Think before you act."
- "Back to our roots, am I right, brother?"
- "Freeze right there, Khrax."
- "You think I would let you go so easily?"