Very important note: All numbers can be changed. The concept, above all else, is key.
Sylphie, the Butterfly Faerie is a custom champion for League of Legends.
As always, I am extremely appreciative of everyone who helps me out with my custom champ ideas. Without these wonderful individuals pitching in their respective talents, I would not have been able to put together these projects of mine with the same amount of passion and quality I always attempt to achieve.
To everyone who helped out with this project, THANK YOU! - Nhan-Fiction
- Latest version by Mineko Charat Lucky
- Click here for a lore reading by Imoristar on SoundCloud (music by Marc Straight)
Deep within the Kumungu Jungle, untouched by most humans, lives a small population of all-female winged creatures known as butterfly faeries - experts in using Mother Nature's magic, especially when it involves manipulating flowers. Commonly regarded as a mere fairy tale, the few explorers who actually met these elusive creatures just never end up in peace, as they're always the victims of their pranks. Their pranks vary in magnitude, the lightest involves getting lost in the jungle, running in circles for hours. The worst involves seeing hallucinations, confusing a pack of wild hungry wolves for an innocent group of deer.
One particular butterfly faerie stood out from the rest. Sylphie, who is notorious for her creativity in scheming much more dangerous pranks, even using her own people as test subjects occasionally, is generally disliked by the rest of her sisterhood. Yet, she is a valuable, irremovable asset to her sisters, precisely because of her creativity, as whatever danger arrives to threatens their existence, Sylphie never fails to come up with a plan to thwart it, with entertaining results.
However, Slyphie is bored of her life. She hungers for an adventure, a challenge, perhaps a much more powerful creature that she can toy with and storm up a prank on, rather than just ordinary humans. Hence, after scheming down a versatile array of trap blueprints for her sisters, she bade farewell to the matriarch leader and left her home, promising to return and tell tales of her journey.
And so, the mischievous adventures of Sylphie and her cunning wit begins, as she seeks out for more ideas of deceit and trickery, more magic to invent and experiment, and more test subjects that could really tickle her funny bone.
Visual Design & Voice
- Upon Selection
- "Sylphie's the name, let's play a game!"
- “Float like a butterfly” (giggles)
- “Too distracted by my wings?”
- “Flutter bye.”
- “Hit ‘em high! Hit ‘em low!”
- “You’re grounded!”
- “Oopsy daisy!”
- “Looks can be deceiving!”
- (Casually hums something)
- “Don't step on me!”
- “Tag! You’re it!”
- “Darn you.”
- (Playful ding ding sound)
- “I’m no pushover!”
- “I’m tough!” (makes cute sounds)
- “Take this!”
- “Hey! Listen!”
- “High five the sky!”
- “This will be a breeze!”
- “Sounds like fun!”
- “Am I growing on you yet?” (laughs)
- “What did you say? I wasn’t paying attention.”
- “You’re quite the social butterfly, summoner!” (heehee)
- “Let’s spring into action!”
- “That’s so cute!”
- “Mischievous? Me? No way!”
- (Hums something cheerful)
- “The flowers smell nicer when you're my size.”
- “I can’t believe it’s not flutter.”
- “Your laugh is adorable!”
- “Do I hear giggling?” (chuckles)
- "Sparkle! Sparkle!"
- “Eat my dust!”
- “You’re in my way!”
- “Can you find the real me?” (giggles)
- “How about we mix things up?”
- “You’re on my turf now!”
- “Come at me!”
- “I’ll show you my daisy dukes! Ha!”
- “Catch a whiff of defeat!”
- When Scoring a Takedown on...
- “I won’t get caught in your web of lies!”
- “You look winded!”
- “Quit bugging me!”
- “Such a cute caterpillar!”
- “Can I show you my butterfly stroke?”
- “Your bark is worse than your bite!”
- “Eww! Gross!”
- “I usually have the butterfly effect on others.”
- “A blossom beatdown for the garden girl!”
- When Hit by...
- “No! Let me out! Let me out!”
- “Eek! A butterfly net?!”
- (Ally) “Let’s take care of business, Pix!”
- (Enemy) “It’s so on, Pix!” (hmph)
- “Evil flowers!!! Ahh!”
- Upon Buying
- “For me? How sweet!”
- "Nobody ever suspects the butterfly!" (hahaha)
- “I can be a very scary faerie sometimes!” (wicked laugh)
- “Everyone always underestimates me... until they’re down for the count!”
- (Very cute laugh)
- “Baka! Baka!”
- Critical Strike
- “Ahha, a weak spot!”
- “Owie!” (death gag)
- Upon Using or
- “Let’s fly away!”
- “Gosh, this is harder than it looks!”
- "It's in my roots."
- "You seem to be barking at the wrong tree."
- "You need to air out."
- "How a-pollen."
- "How un-be-leaf-able."
- "Not a butterfly net!"
- "Seasons come and go, but uhh... I forgot the rest."
- "Let's play again!"
- "Tinker Bell's got nothing on me!"
- Attack: Sylphie tosses out some sparkling dust from her left hand at her target.
- Critical Strike: Sylphie throws out even more sparkling dust from her left hand at her target.
- Idle: Sylphie begins to fix her hair, looking aimlessly at her surroundings.
- Recall: Sylphie flutters her wings as she begins to Recall away.
- Taunt: Sylphie rubs her hands as her wings flutter, giving off a deceptive expression.
- Joke: Sylphie floats up in the air slowly and then does a 'stomping motion'.
- Death: Sylphie plummets to the ground in sprite form (if she isn't in sprite form to begin with) and starts to wither away.
Champion Kit (Version A)
Champion Overview video by CaptainPenguinGaming. Please note that this video was uploaded on 6/3/13. Some elements of Sylphie may be tweaked/completely altered over time.
NOTE: All icons were found at The Hive Workshop. In addition, special thanks to PrincessDevin302 for editing many of these icons and drawing the animated sprites below. Credit to the original icon creators.
(Art by Deene1.)
Champion Kit (Version B)
(Skin Concept - "Hextech Sylphie (alternate pose)." Art by k1lleet.)
NOTE: I put together a quick "Version B" of Sylphie's kit because I do realize that sometimes I get a bit overzealous with mechanics. This version basically "nerfs" a lot of elements of the previous Sylphie to be more balanced and fair.
Nonetheless, I still tried to keep the design reasonable so that Sylphie could still be a decent champ as a whole with the skill-set below.
(Art by Slurpiees.)
Playing as Sylphie
(Art by The-Cannie.)
NOTE: The sections below were written for "Version A" of Sylphie's skill kit.
Sylphie should be built with a focus on augmenting her mage/assassin capabilities. Furthermore, padding up her naturally frail defenses should be considered as well.
- Sylphie is naturally a speed demon. Timing your abilities in conjunction with the bonuses from Shifty Sprite can give you the slight edge for both offense and defense.
- Butterfly Kisses has a superb area of effect, making it suitable for nuking and poking purposes.
- Sparkly Twirl is great for disrupting enemy abilities with its silencing area of effect.
- Faerie Rush is an excellent gap closer. In addition, the Confuse sub-ability is extremely powerful as a single-target disable.
- Bloomsday covers a large area of effect. It also provides benefits for allied champions, granting your teammates a significant speed boost and allows them to ignore unit collision.
- Flower Power fades Sylphie into stealth instantly whenever she hits an enemy champion, further enhancing Sylphie's elusive capabilities.
- Though quick and evasive, Sylphie is a fragile champion with low defenses. Sylphie also relies heavily on her Shifty Sprite innate passive, so take advantage of any opportunity to attack Sylphie.
- The area of effect of Butterfly Kisses spreads out into a wide cone the farther it travels, so be prepared to dodge.
- Sparkly Twirl deals more damage the closer Sylphie is to her surrounding enemies, meaning Sylphie becomes a vulnerable target if she wants to do maximum damage with this ability.
- Faerie Rush creates clones whenever Sylphie glides through an enemy champion. Always keep track of where the real Sylphie is.
- Confuse can only be used on an enemy initially hit by Faerie Rush.
- Bloomsday blankets an area with flowers with powerful bonuses for Sylphie and her allies. Be extra wary of fighting on the flowers.
- Flower Power can create flowers with that extend the territory of Bloomsday, so take note of this fact.
(Art by Moraguy0444.)
A very special thank you to Stawry from Weague of Wegends for making this special charm for Devin.
Seriously, her charms are legit. Totally awesome. Super adorable.
Be sure to check out her Etsy shop as well. Stawry is extremely talented. She also accepts custom orders.
By Spooky Siren
By Spooky Siren
By Spooky Siren
Many thanks to Spooky Siren for making this cute plushie for Devin. It turned out so adorable.
(Art by PrincessDevin302.)
If you want to e-mail me a drawing/other piece of work for Sylphie (it can be writing or just about anything for that matter), please feel free to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All contributions are very much appreciated. :)
(Skin Concept - "Hextech Sylphie." Art by k1lleet.)
Thank you for checking out this Sylphie project. I am extremely grateful to everyone who helped make this project possible.
My in-game username for the NA servers is Nhan Fiction. I have other League of Legends-related work and articles, which can be found on my personal blog by clicking on this link. >^..^<
You can also follow my tweets on Twitter.
Other Champion Concepts
- Kiya, the Feline of Fervor!
- Kiya, the Fervor of the Sands!
- Vikki, the Gemini Witch!
- Cerule, the Mystic Mermaid!