Piak, the Deathly Cold is a custom champion in the SMNK custom champion series.
Piak is an embodiment of the coldness of death. As such, he is a cold person, preserving methodical precision in his "duty" to quell life itself.
Piak is a melee battle-mage.
His strengths center around his massive soft CC contribution with his array of slows, with his basic attacks refreshing the duration of all active slows. His damage is mostly dealt over time, and provided he has mana, his damage will stay consistent.
Piak has the weakness of being low in terms of burst and mobility. His utility is very limited to slow with almost no hard CC. His sturdiness is also dependent on him getting in real melee range to use Chill Spike, and early on, it doesn't mean much as his targets could be full-health.
Counterpart to Izo
For those of you who have been following GreenMoriyama for a while, and those who are not following him now do it cuz he's awesome you might know of Izo, one of his custom champions. Well, Piak knows too, and I decided to twist the Blizzard Prince's abilities into something more sinister. Izo's cold is ice, Piak's is death.
- Unlike Izo, who is really a fighter with utility, Piak is primarily a mage despite his range limitations.
- Piak's passive is, like Izo's passive, an on-hit effect. However, while Izo's requires a cooldown on the target, Piak instead needs to charge it. Also, Izo's damage on it is base damage and an AP scaling, which relies on Izo's stats while Piak's is entirely dependent on his target's missing health.
- Piak's Q is a short-ranged area of effect on a short cooldown like Izo's. However, Izo's is physical damage while Piak's is magic. Their secondary effects are also different: Izo's is a heal while Piak's is a slow, the opposite of their passives.
- Both Ws feature a self-shield aspect. However, while Izo's W is a dash and Izo's main mobility ability, Piak's W is yet another slow, so much so that it increases the potency of other slows in a static area. Additionally, Izo gets extra effects after the dash, while Piak deals damage immediately.
- E is a more peculiar mirror. Izo's E creates impassable terrain that blocks an area, while Piak's creates "passable" terrain around an area. Counterparting is that Izo's E will leave after a while, but Piak's can be maintained near-indefinitely.
- Meanwhile, their ultimates are different in how they apply their slow: Izo's slow is a persistent 15% slow that can last 12 seconds. Piak's is dependent on hitting units, but Piak's is very sudden, powerful, and relatively short-lived.
Death comes in all sorts of ways, but those who can see it coming feel cold before parting with the living. This is Piak's doing.
Piak is stern and unforgiving, as cold as the aspect of death he embodies, contrasting the glee and zeal shown by other Shadow Isles spirits. His very presence disrupts the natural flow of life energy, causing the most mundane to die, and the most spiritual to see the energy's movement suddenly grind down to a halt. Do not be confused by his relatively undeformed and human-esque look and straight face; Piak is one of the most cruel beings around. Within his quest to stop life itself, the agonizing ones' feelings are but a note in his head.
"Even dying before a flame feels cold. Because I make it so."― Piak
"5000 years ago, amidst the infinite desert, a great city was flourishing. However, even a flower amidst the desert has its shadow..."― Premise of the incoming piece of custom champion lore "Ancient Times"