Maku is meant to be the quintessence of counterplay, with a defensive playstyle and skills centered around it.
I thought of a good part of his kit ago on the original SMNK post, but to give him more exciting gameplay, I rewarded his successes by giving him a bit of by giving him supplementary casts.
An Ionian fighter of purest breed, Maku has always vowed to fight for his country like a true warrior. Even as a young man, he didn't delve into the joys of luxury like could be expected from one from a wealthy family. But he would have none of that, he idealized the picture of the ancient times' warriors.
While he trained, he was meant to receive more than the mere "respected and powerful warrior" status he yearned to obtain. During the Noxian invasion, Maku was called by his father Taichi, and invited to a secret meeting with a group called the "Ring". The "Ring" would strike back at Noxus outside the islands' borders. Maku was to be sent on this mission as the "Ring"'s agent. Maku barely had to make more than a move inland: he immediately boarded Noxian ground and called out the local captain to a duel. The Noxian gatekeepers first thought of killing him right there, but he easily disarmed them. When they brought their captain, he proved no better at even hitting Maku. This incited a riot in the camp. Maku, suspecting this sign of insubordination might be target to repression, extended a hand towards the soldiers and offered them shelter, promising them the strength they were promised if they'd accept his orders. Bringing back the few who did, Maku was immediately congratulated by his father upon his return.
Unfortunately, he would also be a bringer of bad news: as the "Ring" was discovered along with the plan, the "Ring" was to be dissolved. Maku took a stand for the "Ring" and went to Ionian elders to justify the plan and prove the "Ring"'s worth by showing that even though it used to be secret, the group still stood for Ionian values of betterment. This prompted his father to mke him his second-in-command and send him to fight in the Fields of Justice.
"Our best defense is fueled by our true beliefs."― From the "Ring"'s book, pamphlet number 16
"5000 years ago, amidst the infinite desert, a great city was flourishing. However, even a flower amidst the desert has its shadow..."― Premise of the incoming piece of custom champion lore "Ancient Times"
- Willbachbakal, for helping me get a few unique stuff, namely that top sig thingy.
- GreenMoriyama, for the great stuff he makes, and his personality.
- Lesdin, for the astonishing visual work on his content and allowing me to read his code.
- Mineko, for being a helpful mod all around and helping me become a nicer wiki-something-guy.
- Keith, my brother I know under so many names, for hooking me into the game.
- Rito Gems, for this game, of course.
- Buff McStrongmuscles: An overpowered Marty Stu with a really bad lore.
- Sharl, the Revolutionist: My attempt at a champ that bypasses skill investments.
- New basic laner items: Junglers forced into ? Let's force laners into items too!!!!!1!!!1!!!ONE!!!!