Master Yi Kit Update Idea
is critical strike oriented and preserves on-hit effects. It encourages more dynamic playstyle and quick reactions preserving it entirely, while expanding his mastery level by giving the Master more options on how he can outplay his opponents as well as giving him some swift combos on auto attack resets.
[Innate]is Master Yi - the Wuju Bladesman innate ability.
- It's applied on Alpha Strike, his basic attacks, Double Strike and may critically strike on basic attacks.
- Now scales with % AD without any flat values so Yi has to build Attack Damage Items to get more true damage and if he wants to maximize Wuju Potential he has to get critical strikes as well because Master Yi design always been based around Critical Strikes
- It's true that Wuju Style as active ability gives Great amount of Power for short a while but I think Wuju Style is more suitable for being Innate Passive slot allowing more constant damage. At the same time Double Strike feels more suitable as Active Ability which would provide Extra Utility for Master Yi.
[Q]Instead being able to critically strike, is but now is Execution type Ability.
- It does %AD Physical Damage which is increased based on target missing health.
- When alpha strike damages enemies they are marked for few seconds. Upon 2nd cast Yi will jump to strike a marked target dealing target % missing health as physical damage.
- This will allow Yi to outplay his opponents better and Execute them easier when they are low on % health. During laning phase this allows him to engage in a short duel for harassment and trade heavy damage after which Yi can go back to safety. This also gives Yi more stickiness to his target while chasing his pray. Both Yi and his opponents will know which enemies are marked so they can play around that.
[W] missing health because its a defense type ability and items like , , , and other health type items will scale Meditate better.restores
- Yi will have to choose:
- Get tanky for better healing and do less damage or
- Go glass cannon, deal more damage and heal less to live on the edge of survival.
- Meditate grants shield to Yi that reduces physical damage and magic damage by percent. It has very short minimal duration to promote effective and dynamic quick reaction.
- CANCELLING Meditate early at its very beginning will keep shield's minimal duration, reset his auto attack timer, restoring missing health instantly and will reduce Meditate cooldown by huge amount. This will encourage dynamic playstyle, move around more and less sitting in one place
[E]is ACTIVE ability because I think its more suitable for an Active Slot.
- On Activation Master Yi gains massive boost of movement speed for short time and will empower his basic attack to strike twice and will reset his attack timer. Both attacks are still considered basic attacks and will apply all types of on hit effects fully and both attacks will be able to critically strike
- This will allow Yi to to engage in a short duel or melee harassment as well as outmaneuver his opponents, dancing around them, provide him more stickiness during chase or escape from a gank and dangerous situations and Type items will become effective for him.
- Double Strike Passively reduces basic abilities cooldowns because both Alpha Strike and Double Strike are based on cooldown reduction on a basic attack. While Meditate is very high cooldown surviving tool, Yi will be able to use Alpha Strike and Double Strike more often as Double Stirke would feel like spamable ability
[R]I think is pretty weak ability early game while late game is pretty good. Thats why the power is shifted a little bit. Yi gets less cooldown refreshment but more attack speed and movement speed for early game because i think Yi needs cooldown refreshment more late game and less early game.
This concept is about defining the assassin nature of master Yi which is focused on AP Master Yi as AD Caster playstyle while scaling with AD and preserving on-hit effect / critical strike playstyle completely. This will make him fully flexible in his build, who will scale with attack damage, attack speed and crits as well as giving him the opportunity to go semi tank if the team has no tanks.
[Innate] Sinceis a passive ability and resembles of active ability I decided to swap their places. This will make Yi more fun for Ability Caster players, giving him burst damage at all stages of the game while preserving entirely the ad aspect, crits and oh-hit effect gameplay. The "new" Wuju still critically strike but for much less amount because now it deals true damage insteal physical, but still can be enhanced by .
[Q]will deal decent amount of damage scaling up to the solid 800 physical damage late game, while ap version of alpha strike would deal over 1200 Magic Damage. Taking into account that magic resist is almost twice weaker than armor if players decide to buy something like frozen gauntlet / thornmail / frozen heart they should be fine versus the current alpha strike. At the same time he will be less overwhelming by reducing alpha strike damage early game starting around 70 physical damage, which used to be 100 magic damage. I disliked the idea Crits on spells because alpha strike has high cooldown making the criticals unreliable. Every burst assassin must have solid damage before he enter in a fight.
[W]now gives bonus armor and magic resist and the reason is because Master Yi is melee champion and as a melee champion he needs some protection. The passive bonus will not make him a real tank, but would make him a little bit tougher. Scaling with ability power isnt viable now because master Yi is full AD now so missing health seems better idea instead. Because Meditate can be shut down way too easy master Yi has no chance to survive a teamfight if he decide to active Meditate. As a primary defense, the healing will stop, but damage reduction will continue for a little while. That way he would have some chance for survival.
[E]still preserves its original concept except now you have to active it. The reason that Master Yi was buying was that Yi doesnt have seconds active ability and Double Strike is the exactly he needed, a low coowdown ability that can be cast often. Now when entering in battle you would have nice burst from Alpha strike and Double strike. Double strike can still scale with critical strikes but for less crit damage. Double strike not only will have burst potential after Alpha strike but preserves the cooldown reduction per auto attack as it suppose to be so Yi would have great sustain damage and would be great dualist as well.
[R]is preserved the way it was, except now at late rank he will get near full resets of his basic abilities which will return the original gameplay from Ability Power based Yi. This is what made Yi dynamic champion and is suppose to be that way. On activation master Yi removes crowd controls like stun, fear, knockups and so on and still gains slow immunity, but this doesnt mean he gains any tenacity.
Overall Yi is made to deal damage and being threat in teamfights and doesnt have any crowd control like Stun, fear, slow, root, suspension or anything like that. Thats why he would deal more damage than champions with crowd control. Still the damage scaling would have better balance potential. For example if he is too weak early game we would increase his flat values, while if he is too strong late game we would reduce his scaling values