Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- A coordinated team is the key to a powerful Van. Casting Dark Aegis and then teleporting in with Weeping Angel is a strong combination that will protect even the frailest of champions while you take almost no damage in return. However, this will only work if the champion stays in range of your tether, and since you are immobile while Weeping Angel is active, communication is imperative.
- Dark Aegis has the potential to mitigate a significant amount of burst damage, and can be rather gamechanging as a result. However, use it judiciously because Van will be taking a lot of the damage as well.
- Van is best played as a support bottom lane (similar to Leona) due to the low amount of damage he is capable of doing (making him a substandard jungler and top laner) but also due to his ability to protect teammates from burst (making him a counter to champions such as Graves) and his crowd-control.
- A carefully placed Fallen Empire that lands you behind the enemy can set you up for a Rejection that knocks them back into your team. Following up with a Weeping Angel will mitigate most of any focus.
- Smart enemy players will focus other teammates while Weeping Angel is active. Make sure to cast Dark Aegis on the most important target (e.g. the AD carry or AP carry) if possible beforehand.
- Before you have access to your ultimate, casting Dark Aegis and immediately following up with a Rejection will mitigate any damage you receive from Dark Aegis.