"February 19th, Institute of War, Eastern Outskirts;
My brother Valan and I, were contracted to guard the Institute's Eastern front. There were rumors of something approaching from there.
It was something from the void, according to the . Summoners. Something that while dangerous, should pose little threat to two talented knights like Valan and I. We had our gear ready in an hour, and were hidden in the forest's edge before nightfall."― Helmet Bro
"February Twenty-First, Institute of War, Eastern Outskirts;
Whatever it was, it came up on Valan in the night. We're trained warriors, dammit, how did he miss it?
That doesn't matter now. He's dead. Ashes. The only thing left of him was his sword and helmet, both crackling with a strange, violet energy.
Before I could even finish grieving the damned thing fired upon me with a beam of light; same thing that killed Valan, most likely. I managed to dodge it, barely. My cloak and sword were destroyed up to the hilt. I managed to run for a few meters before it caught up with me.
Gods, it was massive. Taller than the trees. Tentacles writhing, three smaller eyes crowned over one colossal retina, a dark slit that flattened as it was charging the blast to end my life.
Only, the blast never came. Summoners from the Institute had arrived, and barely managed to subdue the creature before it had killed me. They took it away with them, and brought me to the infirmary.I never even got to bury Valan."― Helmet Bro
"February 22nd, Institute of War, Infirmary;
I'm fine, dammit, but they won't let me go back to the forest to bury Valan. They won't even let me leave this room – they want me to stay for 'observation'.
They want me to stay so I won't kill them all.
I heard their plans, their whispers. They're letting that monster – that THING – live. The alien beast that killed my brother, took the only thing I cared about in this world from me, and they're letting it go. They're arranging a deal with it! It's going to stay at the Institute and compete in their accursed League, in exchange for knowledge! I'd heard that they dealt with monsters before, but this... This is sickening.
In a flash of dark light, something entered the infirmary, stunning the nurse sent to attend me. On instinct I rose to defend myself, but it was no threat.
It was salvation.
, the League Champion, the Voidwalker, had come to me. He presented three things to me; Valan's sword and helmet, along with my own sword hilt, still crackling with that evil energy.
He spoke to me then. “If you want revenge, take it”. With that, he was gone.
I can never thank him enough.
Donning my equipment, I left the infirmary.
If they won't battle the darkness of the Void, then I will.
I'm not alone;stands by my side, and Valan watches me from the afterlife.
will pay. The Void will pay.
Valan Helmen is dead.
Marrak Helmen is dead.The Helmet of my brother is all that remains."― Helmet Bro
- Upon Selection
- "They made a mistake letting me live."
- "For Valan!"
- "Death to the Void!"
- "Your magic is useless here!"
- "Death to the mage!"
- "Suffer not the Void-born to live!"
- "They think they can reign free in our land. They're wrong."
- "I've got promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep."
- "They're more corrupt than you realize."
- "They've made a deal with the devil. I'll show them why that was a mistake."
- "Valan, I will make sure you haven't died in vain."
- "I've seen true terror. Nothing else will ever come close."
- "For a better world."
- "Bring evil unto evil."
- Helmet Bro points his sword forwards as it crackles with pure energy.
- "You. Will. Die."
- "YOU. SHALL. NOT. PASS."
Helmet Bro takes off his helmet, balancing it on the tip of his sword.
- "One part head gear, two parts stylish."
- "I guess you could call using the Void to kill the Void hypocritical, but... Shut up."
- "I never die, I just respawn."
Helmet Bro is a melee AP bruiser who uses the Void's own dark powers against them, relying on crippling silences and slowly wearing down his opponents, while shrugging off their own retaliation. Helmet Bro is a dogged warrior, unflinching in his resolve and implacable in his advance. The creatures of the Void will come to fear the name of Helmet Bro.
- Helmet Bro had several cameos in numerous champion splash arts.
- Helmet Bro was known as Marrak Helmen, before killed his brother, Valan.
- Helmet Bro survived near-death experiences with numerous champions by the help of .
- Marrak was a helmet brother to during his time in the Omega Squad.