Matilda, the Professional is a champion made for CCC5, a custom champion competition organized by Lykrast, with each round focusing on a specific feature. In this round, the feature was to have a champion-specific item. As I was aware of the rules way before the start of the competition, this concept is meant to be just for fun, and is not a competing entry.
The starting idea with Matilda was to have a champion who could jump you at any moment, no matter where you were. I wanted a champion who could globally instill a sense of dread in the enemy team, and who'd play out like a hired assassin, with the ability to place a bounty on an opponent's head. Matilda's kit is meant to allow her to kill even tanky enemies, but her staggered burst means she needs to rely on her utility and mobility to get her out of trouble as she kills her target. Matilda's kit would make her good as a mid, top, or jungler, but is purely designed for assassination.
Item: Contract Edit
Contract is Matilda's unique item, assigning her targets to kill on the enemy team. Though I hate randomness, here I think it would work as it doesn't actually affect Matilda's in-combat gameplay, but rather sets her objectives throughout the game. I mainly intended this to work with a jungler Matilda, so that the item could incentivize her to gank a lane she normally wouldn't consider going to.
Because this item can only take up a slot in Matilda's main inventory, I want her to also purchase Perks on her Contract, allowing her to progressively give her Contract better stats as well as grant herself unique bonuses. There are a total of five Perks, costing 600 gold each, that add 25 ability power and 5% cooldown reduction to her contract, up to a total of 125 ability power and 25% cooldown reduction for 600 gold (each Perk is gold efficient on stats alone). Additionally, each Perk gives Matilda a unique bonus. Here's the list:
- Death Note: Killer-enhanced basic attacks cause the victim to bleed for an additional 2% (+ 0.5% for every 100 AP) of their maximum health over 3 seconds.
- Open Wounds: Picking up Stiletto's dagger reapplies its slow.
- Shadowstep: Matilda can blink one more time during Sudden Death.
- Shear: Sever increases the magic damage taken by enemies hit by 10% for 3 seconds.
- Surprise!: After teleporting via Seal the Deal, Matilda's next basic attack has 550 range and will cause her to jump to her target.
What are your thoughts? What do you think of Contract and its Mark mechanic?