Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Champion||Background||Skins & Trivia|
For the sake of completionism, this should be here. Considering this is a lot of fluff for a non-canon champ, the following should be taken with a grain of salt.
- Classic Burke: Burke's basic skin. Would be dressed in black Victorian clothing and a top hat. His defining feature would be two wrist-mounted syringes filled with a green fluid, one on each hand, which he'd use to stab at his foes (and his allies). Would also have a few more syringes attached to his belt.
- Plagued Burke: Would have a beak-like mask covering his entire face, along with some kind of black robe/trenchcoat. Would manually wield his syringes instead of mounting them on his wrist.
- Renaissance Burke: Just because. His costume would have a lot more frills, he'd have a dark green half-cape over his shoulder, and his syringes would be mounted over his wrists instead of under. Basically, just enough of Ezio Auditore without getting too much into copyright infringement territory.
- Witch Doctor Burke: Would have a more ornate top hat and a bone necklace. In addition, his syringes would be replaced by sharpened bone, dripping with venom, and would be tied to his wrists by vines.
- Burke's name comes from William Burke, a nineteenth-century Scottish doctor infamous for the Burke and Hare murders, in which he suffocated live patients to death (still known as "burking") in order to obtain fresh bodies for medical study.
- Burke is the only champion whose basic abilities all work on both allies and enemies, with Lulu coming a close second with two of her abilities.
- Several of Burke's quotes come from the Medic, of Team Fortress 2 fame.
- "First do no harm" is one of the founding precepts of medical ethics, and is usually attributed to the Hippocratic Oath.
- "Fascinating" is a term frequently uttered by Spock, one of the main characters in the first series of Star Trek.
- "I have the poison and the remedy" comes from the song Poison, by The Prodigy.
- "Today is a good day to die" is a quote originally from Sioux chief Crazy Horse, who said it right before the battle of Little Big Horn. It's also a quote shared with Jarvan IV.
- "Not even death can save you from me!" is a quote from the Skeleton King of the Diablo franchise.
- One of Burke's quotes when using Resuscitate ("It's Alive") is from the 1931 movie Frankenstein.