- Sylvan Servants: Slow but sturdy melee units that, when damaged, move and attack much faster, at the cost of their resistances.
|Control type||Champion-Influenced AI|
|Target type||Minion, does not count towards the minion kill tracking score|
|Spell effects||Basic attacks do apply spell effects.|
Sylvan Servants lose 10% of their maximum health per second when they are not in combat with the unit they were summoned from for 5 seconds or when Dorothy is dead.
- Strengths & Weaknesses
- Effective healing and shields.
- Great roaming.
- Enormous utility.
- Scales well into late game.
- Dangerous lockdown ultimate.
- Weak against mobile foes and assassins.
- Hard early game and tough to come back when behind.
- Team-reliant and requires frontline.
- In-Game Purpose/Niche
Dorothy is a slippery support-jungler, exceeding at fighting enemies together with her teammates, while keeping foes in her tight grip, to summon bulky Sylvan Servants, which do the fighting for her. Feeding off her enemies essence in ominous Rituals, Dorothy augments her abilities, accessing advanced methods of combating her enemies and assisting her allies.
- Playing as Dorothy
- While Leech Seeds grant a considerable sustain advantage to allies close to dying enemies, it has a medium effect radius, meaning ranged carries need to close up to profit from it.
- Upgrade it early when you want to improve your damage output.
- Your Wooden Shelter is amazing at protecting yourself and allies from enemy bombardment.
- Upgrade it early when you have trouble to sustain the jungle/lane.
- Use your Transcendence, when sensing an ambush or when you chase an enemy through the jungle. It is a versatile tool to control a big chunk of the map.
- Upgrade it early when you want to cast it independent from brushes
- Dorothy heavily relies on allied CC to summon her Sylvan Servants to deal damage for her. Picking up fights without them is dangerous.
- In order to summon Sylvan Servants more independently, is an absolute must.
- Playing against Dorothy
- Using blinks or dashes while affected by Beneath the Forest Floor will remove the debuff, making it much harder for Dorothy to spawn a Sylvan Servant.
- Dorothy is on the hunt for Upgrades in the early stages of the game. Preventing her from getting takedowns on each champion can significantly limit her power.
- Stay close to allies during their Sacrifice and prevent Dorothy's allies to surround the ally to shorten the length and damage of the ability.
Sorcery + Domination:
As the widow of a piltovian scientist, Dorothy was left with no other choice than to leave her home together with her 3 children to escape the grasp of her husband's murderers. Fearing exploitation by the Noxians for her botanic and medical knowledge and suspecting zaunite participation in her husband's death, Dorothy decided to start a new life in Demacia. She worked as a nurse in a small village, patching up injured demacian soldiers. Her expertise brought her the title "wonder nurse" since her magic involving techniques healed even the most critically wounded. Knowing full well that her magical abilities were despised in all over Demacia, Dorothy strictly conducted her practices on unconscious patients.
Despite her best efforts in hiding her magical talent, she was exposed by other jealous and sceptic nurses. Having her children taken away from her for her treasonous activities and facing an execution, Dorothy attempted escaping the verdict made by radical demacians, who relentlessly pursued her through a forest and shot her in a tragic chase. Left to rot in a puddle of mud, Dorothy was revived by the mercy of the forest. Invoking curses on her previously treated patients, Dorothy transformed them into wooden beasts to assist her in freeing her children from their prison-like quarters.
Storming into the village, seeking the place where she had been held as a prisoner, Dorothy demanded for her children to be released. Terrified guards directed her to another housing, where her children had been locked away. Charging towards the Orphanage, Dorothy furiously invaded the building with nothing able to block her path. To her dismay, her children already had been punished, their unconscious bodies laying on the floor. The deepest sorrow arose in Dorothy, realizing children had died because of her and she had been too late to save them.
Unable to let go of her kids, Dorothy brought their bodies to the forest. All her attempts to bring her children back to life failed, she kneelingly begged the forest to revive them like she was. But it was too late. Dorothy buried them, watching over their graves. Feeling the forest embrace their corpses, she began to sense their presence all around her.
Believing her children were adopted by the forest and anticipating revenge by Demacians, a bitter Dorothy is lurking in the woods, willing to do anything to protect her new home and sacrificing ill-minded intruders for a glimpse of her children's spirits.