- Although not a basic item, life steal gold value is derived. From this item derives a value of 55 per percentage of life steal. is the item from which the
- As life steal items (the only exception is ), is useful for any stage of the game. a necessary component for almost all of the
- Ashe or Tristana, are able to restore health while being relatively safe. Melee champions, such as Jax or Wukong, are in more danger to be damaged if an enemy champion is nearby. increases the sustain of any champion, but it is best used with auto-attacking champions as lifesteal only works with basic attacks. Ranged champions, such as
- is often used with , allowing champions to stay in lanes for extended periods of time without needing to go back to base to heal. is often the preferred item as it also adds health, but its drawbacks are not building into other items.
- If you're having trouble sustaining in top or mid as AD, do not rush
- at 800 gold and only 8% lifesteal, given low (sub 150) total AD values, you usually won't be able to sustain enough from trading and lane minions. Note that 800 gold is 22.857 health potions - or 3300 total health from regen. Consider either s or .
- For most ADCs, this advice does not apply. Rush / / .