|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
|"Submit to my designs."
- Champion Spotlight
- Recommended Items
- Playing As Vayne
- Tumble has many uses, but it cannot pass over walls.
- Condemn can be used to both pin targets to walls to ensure kills, or to escape a pursuer.
- Don't go in first in large teamfights. Wait for your team to initiate.
- Playing Against Vayne
- Vayne is fragile - turn up the pressure on her and she will be forced to play cautiously.
- Deny Vayne the opportunity to pin you against walls.
- Ability Usage
- For best burst damage try combining the third hit from Silver Bolts and the bonus damage from Tumble in the same attack.
- Because of Vayne's Night Hunter, it is fairly easy to chase down champions for the third hit, especially in the early game if your lane opponent(s) have not yet purchased boots.
- Try an autoattack > Q > E combo for a fast and relatively safe proc of Silver Bolts. This combo is very mana heavy so be selective when using it.
- Remember that the full combo is not necessarily required to harass effectively. Zoning with a tick of Silver Bolts may be more effective than getting all three ticks.
- This may be a useful tactic to use in lane due to Vayne's low health pool and poor defenses.
- Tumble can be used to dodge skillshot abilities. Tumble is also effective at dodging delayed damage abilities like Rupture or Pillar of Flame.
- If you're fighting near an allied turret, try to Tumble behind the opponent and then Condemn them into your turret's range. This can also be done to push an enemy towards your team.
- Don't forget that Night Hunter only works facing the enemy and with that combined with your ultimate makes it very hard for the enemy to escape you.
- Do not overestimate Vayne's mobility. Night Hunter's bonus movement speed grants no bonus while running away from enemies, and Tumble doesn't go on cooldown until you actually attack an enemy which essentially adds 6 seconds of cooldown that you can't reduce with cooldown reduction when you are using it to run away.
- Tumble cannot cross most wall terrain (though it can cross Cataclysm, Crystallize, Event Horizon or Pillar of Ice).
- Tumble can cross impassable terrain such as the small ledge near dragon pit if you position correctly.
- Note that Tumble's extra damage only activates upon attacking enemy units, not structures.
- You can escape in the midst of a battle by using Final Hour and Tumble to stealth and confuse the enemy. It is recommended to change direction than the one you were running in or to choose an alternate route.
- Because she is squishy, it is highly recommended to opt for more defensive summoner spells, such as , , , or . is very desirable. Final Hour in conjunction with Tumble only gives stealth for 1 second, which doesn't make for a very good escape. These summoner spells can also assist in chases.
- Condemn will stun the target if it hits a wall, turret, inhibitor or Nexus, as well as work with Cataclysm, Crystallize, and other player-created terrain.
- Using Condemn on a retreating enemy may help them escape. Be sure to position Vayne where the knock back effect will let your team or yourself engage on the enemy.
- Using Condemn in jungle fights can be much more effective than in lane fights due to the tight spaces making it easy to land the second effect and stunning an opponent.
- Mastery Usage
- Item Usage
- Vayne build due to its fantastic synergy with Silver Bolts, not only due to the attack speed, but also because of the passive which has synergy with the health shred from Silver Bolts, not to mention the lifesteal. Once Vayne has this item, she can 1v1 almost every champion, no matter how tanky that champion is. is considered to be a core item in every
- Silver Bolts.
is an especially good choice as the attack speed is beneficial for proc-ing
- Purchasing crowd control abilities. as an alternative is a good idea when facing teams with a wide range of
- Since all of Vayne's damage is physical, it is a good idea to buy armor penetration items like Silver Bolts makes it great for taking out tanks. or to allow her damage to scale into the late game. The synergy with
- Vayne's early/mid game damage potential. It is less of a DPS item, and more of a burst item that can be used against teams which do not have a lot of tankiness but have a lot of mobility. is a viable option for even more mobility and to give a boost to
- Vayne's damage output from auto attacks. Unlike other ADCs, however, it is recommended to not rush this item, as is a better rush. Remember that critical hits don't proc from Condemn and don't scale from Tumble's bonus damage. provides a substantial boost to
- Tumble and Condemn. It can be used either to replace or to complement as a lifesteal item, giving Vayne insane amounts of dueling potential. However, it is not recommended to replace as the synergy that this item has with Vayne is just too good to pass up. While as a complement, Vayne has to sacrifice one of the items on her core build, which may hurt her overall damage.
provides much needed lifesteal to aid her survivability and scales with her
- presents a better alternative due to its damage delay passive and the cooldown reduction.
- attack speed and critical strike chance synergize well with Silver Bolts and increase the effectiveness of Final Hour, as well as boosting her DPS quite a bit. It also provides Vayne with a lot of dueling power, letting her 1v1 well against other champions.
- Building Tumble. Starting with provides much needed survivability and can assist in running from or toward a target if Vayne procs it on an enemy minion. Building first grants her added mobility and attack speed to more easily farm and proc Silver Bolts. or can add some significant burst to
- Do take note when building Vayne has one of the lowest base AD in the game, hence it's proc won't deal too much damage. that
- Enchanting your boots with Vayne to kite or escape very well. Tumble away and whenever the enemy comes within range of an autoattack hit them once to start Tumble's cooldown and rush away with your bonus, tumbling once it's off cooldown. also strongly boosts Vayne's chasing ability. However it may be a tad excessive due to her huge kiting and chasing, however there aren't many other good boot enchantments for Vayne. allows
- Due to Silver Bolts, one can build Vayne fairly tanky with just a as her damage item. By using items like , , and , Vayne becomes surprisingly tanky while still dealing a lot of damage. This build is not recommended most of time because Vayne already has so much self peel and mobility that building tanky is not necessary for her. Also, Vayne does significantly less damage with a tanky build - this may sound obvious, but for those who know how to kite and reposition themselves well enough to avoid most of the damage, a glass cannon build will be infinitely more profitable.
- Vayne doesn't really need that much mana), and the cooldown reduction it provides is also good for Vayne since it will allow her to use Final Hour more often. works well as a situational item if you find yourself using up too much mana throughout the game (although
- Choosing someone such as Miss Fortune or Caitlyn who have strong early games can easily deny Vayne from farming as Vayne has a relatively weak early game. Avoid pushing the lane as Vayne's Tumble makes her an exceptional farmer under turret, and has strong chasing potential.
- Vayne's entire kit is focused on dueling and chasing, so deny her the potential to duel with you and her kit will naturally round out late-game when team fights become dominant, where the fights become more stationary and targets become harder to focus.
- Once Vayne obtains Final Hour at level 6, her dueling potential increases exponentially and she essentially spikes to her mid-game potentially immediately before most other Attack Damage Carries. The Attack Damage and movement speed boosts are huge given how early in the game it is and stealth detection is much harder to afford earlier on. Respect her presence at level 6 if you haven't pulled a significant advantage over her and avoid dueling her if possible.
- Vayne is one of the most powerful duelists in the game and is well known and feared as one of the most powerful marksmen if/when she reaches full build. It is critical to keep her early and mid game crippled.
- Marksmen are usually easy prey to one-burst-wonder assassins, especially Zed and LeBlanc. Vayne is by far not in this category, her ability to carefully move around the battlefield, drain-tank while evading attacks with stealth from Final Hour and bursting/peeling with Condemn makes her complicated to kill by surgical, tactical and careful assassins as she can often prevent their abilities to properly flow for a combo.
- Silver Bolts is not that hard to counteract contrary to popular belief.
- Her Silver Bolts procs rely on her attack speed. Champions with attack speed slows such as Malphite and Nunu can mitigate Vayne's auto attack and Silver Bolts damage significantly along with having kits that counteract Vayne extremely well.
- Vayne because the armor portion of the item counters her lack of magic damage and the long-ranged -15% attack speed aura is practically unavoidable in team fights. This item is arguably a better option in dealing with Vayne, as it does not provide HP, thus making Silver Bolts less effective.
is extremely detrimental to
- Vayne as one proc of slow will cripple her true damage and mobility. Because Vayne relies on her mobility in order to survive in team fights due to her short range, the movement speed slow will make her an easy target to focus. As such, even building an early will have noticeable effects against her. is especially useful against
- Vayne's Silver Bolts do not account for shields when calculating the percent of maximum HP so abilities such as Granite Shield and Titan's Wrath are extremely strong against her.
- The same case goes for lifesteal and high health regeneration; if the target's lifebar isn't noticeably large but is constantly renewed from either high lifesteal or abilities such as Sadism, the damage from Silver Bolts becomes significantly less noticeable.
- Battling her only in teamfights forces her to switch targets, resulting in fewer Silver Bolts procs.
- Mages with targeted burst damage/crowd controls such as LeBlanc or Ryze can easily dispatch Vayne as her mobility and Tumble are primarily anti-skillshot oriented. Targeted abilities that apply targeted hard crowd control such as Warwick's Infinite Duress and Malzahar's Nether Grasp prevents Vayne from retaliating with her mobility and lifesteal resulting in an easy kill.
- It's recommended not to fight Vayne in the jungle as there are more walls for her to stun with Condemn.
- Taking a Final Hour as her stealth will be useless, shutting down her primary method of reaching squishier targets of interest. with you is useful against
- Vayne can be a very powerful top laner against tanks, so when you see your enemy pick Vayne, especially if the enemy team has already selected another marksman, ask your jungler to be a tank just in case she decided to go top so you can be a damage top laner.