|Champion||Ability Details||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Veigar, Riot's QA guy, is the origin of the champion's name. He is "quite tall".
- All of Veigar's skills (excluding Baleful Strike) refer to space. Event Horizon a reference to the edge of a black hole, the point at which light cannot escape. Dark Matter a reference to the undetectable matter in space. Primordial Burst a reference to the , the prevailing cosmological model that explains the early development of the Universe. Equilibrium, which means "Balance", is an important concept in stellar and orbital physics.
- Veigar's personality and appearance are similar to the Black Mage, a character from the web comic .
- Veigar is one of four champions that can infinitely increase their stats by using their abilities - ability power in Veigar's case. The other three are Nasus, Sion and Thresh.
- Veigar's quotes "I will swallow your soul!" and "Even now, your loved ones suffer!" are similar to quotes from franchise.
- Classic Veigar closely resembles the Black Mage from the Final Fantasy series. White Mage Veigar does not have the robe of the but uses a similar color palette.
- Golden Alistar, Assassin Master Yi, and White Mage Veigar are the only skins priced at 390 , making them the cheapest skins in the store, excluding sale prices and free/promotional skins.
- Lepechaun Veigar replaces Baleful Strike's particles with four leaf clovers, Event Horizon's particles with floating four leaf clovers, and Dark Matter's falling trail with a solid rainbow.
- Veigar Greybeard is a direct reference to from the , written by .
- Superb Villain Veigar changes Event Horizon particles into mechanic pyramid-like structures that resemble the claw on his hand.
- Bad Santa Veigar is a possible reference to the , a green, hairy creature that stole every gift during Christmas.
- Bad Santa Veigar changes the particles of all of Veigar's spells; Baleful Strike becomes a Christmas tree shaped cookie, Dark Matter becomes a breaking colored lightbulb, Event Horizon's area is marked by Christmas trees and lights, and Primordial Burst becomes a wrapped present. The skin also features a Recall animation where Veigar enters a chimney.