|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
Skins & Screenshots
- Vi was designed by gypsylord.
- Vi is voiced by Cia Court.
- Vi is the first champion to be revealed by a feedback thread rather than by a sneak peek or art spotlight.
- Prior to her PBE release, Vi's character archetype had been in and out of development for two years.
- Vi's last two abilities, "Excessive Force" and "Assault and Battery", are named after real criminal charges. Excessive force is a form of police brutality, while assault and battery are two different but similar crimes. Both go along with Vi's background and theme.
- Shortly before the release of Jinx, Vi's Champion page (if opened from the home page) was 'graffitied' on. This was thought to be a teaser of an upcoming champion. Many members of the community believed it would be her sister, a member of the group she was in, or both. More information can be found on Jinx's page.
- "Vis" is Latin for "force". To be exact, "Vi" is ablative singular and means "with force", which can be related to Vi's design.
- VI is the number 6 in Roman Numerals. Because of this, many players are attempting to find some significance between the number 6 and Vi.
- VI, being the roman numeral for six, could be a reference to her relationship with Caitlyn. This meaning that she has her partner's back, or in other terms her 'six'.
- Vi's lore states that she became part of her former gang at the age of six.
- This could also refer to the , concerning criminal prosecution which is also a running theme of Vi.
- The number 6 can be seen on Vi's left breast and on the badge on her police cap in her Officer Vi skin.
- According to ohmikegoodness at PAX 2013, Vi was originally named "Ruby" and rode around on rollerskates during her initial design.
- The visual effects designer for Vi's log-in screen was Anthony Possobon.
- According to ohmikegoodness during AMA about Aatrox, Vi is left-handed.
- According to this info, Vi with her gauntles weighs about 8,140 lbs.
- Vi was orphaned at an extremely young age. A combination of her youth at the time and whatever trauma she suffered has left her with absolutely zero memories of her past and any family she may have had. If Vi has a sister, she would not be able to remember her.
- Vi's name is from her tattoo, not the other way around. She's had that "VI" on her cheek for as long as she can remember, and so when she was first on the streets and people asked her name and she had none to give them they just started using the most distinguishing thing about her: the tattoo. Whatever family she may have had might have given her a "real" name at one point but she can't remember it.
- Jinx, according to her lore, has a history with Vi. Vi apparently has been a rival with Jinx ever since Jinx came to Piltover.
- Vi is referred by Jinx as 'fat hands', that is, due to her giant gauntlets.
- Vi features several easter eggs:
- When playing with an allied Caitlyn, each gains:
- When playing against an enemy Caitlyn:
- She features a unique shout when she uses Assault and Battery on an enemy Jayce. There may be additional interactions with Jayce. 
- When playing against an enemy Jinx:
- Causes Vi, also to an allied Caitlyn if she is present, to get a debuff "Catch me if you can!".
- The debuff reads "Jinx is causing chaos again. How obnoxious... Criminals Apprehended:" followed by a counter that represents the number of Jinx kills/assists.
- +1 bonus gold for every criminal they apprehend.
- Vi's login theme ("Here Comes Vi") was sung by Nicki Taylor , lead singer of the band "Running the Risk".
- Vi's dance is the here . . A side-by-side comparison can be seen
- Vi is, along with Caitlyn, Lissandra, Rumble, Sion, Varus, Xerath, and Ziggs, one of the few champions that can CC themselves.
- Vi has the shortest name in League of Legends, at two letters long.
- Vi's ability kit contains all "knock" crowd control effects: knockback on her Vault Breaker and both knockup and knock aside on her Assault and Battery.
- Vi has a light on her back that when glowing indicates her passive Blast Shield is ready to use (similar to Annie's stun).
- Vi's taunt makes her do the "Ali shuffle" which fits well with her punching theme.
- Vi has special quotes for Jayce and Caitlyn.
- Vi shares quotes with Caitlyn either mocking her if they are on opposite teams or praising her if they are allied.
- "Oh, look at me... I'm on the case." (as opposed to just "I'm on the case.")
- "Boom! Headshot."
- Vi refers to Caitlyn as "Cupcake" in some of her quotes. This is likely due to Caitlyn's Yordle Snap Trap featuring a cupcake as the bait.
- "Cupcake" can also be a term of endearment towards females, particularly in parts of the United Kingdom, a reference to Caitlyn's conspicuous British accent.
- Vi's quote when using her ultimate, "Get dunked!" may be a reference to the "Dunkmaster" Yi build and video, which repeats the phrase often. The quote comes from "Charles Barkley's Shut Up and Jam Gaiden" a non-serious indie RPG game.
- She shares this quote with Dunkmaster Darius.
- Many of Vi's quotes are / with a humorous twist.
- Vi's "Here I come to save the day...or wreck it." is a reference to the once-popular Terrytoons character Mighty Mouse, who would triumphantly proclaim he had come to save the day in the opening theme.
- Vi's "Nope." seems to be a reference to Nope meme video about the class from , as she could be considered an engineer as well.
- It might also me a reference to the video Nope, Jayce!, as both Vi and Jayce originate from Piltover and the exclamation "Nope!" is used as a reaction to a misused enemy spell.
- Vi shares a quote with Brolaf: "Boom, baby!"
- Vi's quote "We can either do this the hard way, or... Oh wait, no. There's just the hard way." is a reference to a from .
- Also on that show there is a character named .
- Neon Strike Vi was the first skin in the game you can interact with. When you use /taunt you can take off or put on your glasses.
- Recall animation has her perform a selection of poses from One Piece's Franky, a cyborg with enormous fists.
- Her hair color and hair style is reminiscent of One Piece's Franky.
- Her outfit resembles .
- In her splash art, a letter M similar to the logo can be seen just below the forefinger of her left arm.
- Her glasses resemble the glasses of from .
- The sounds for her Recall animation are primarily made up of sword shings/slides/strikes and smaller dagger clangs, as explained by C3Sound in this article.
- In her splash art, Jinx can be seen laying in the giant donut in the background.
- On her concept art, there is an acronym placed on her gauntlets. It probably means Riot Games Police Departement (RGPD).
- When she taunts Caitlyn, the tea-cup is replaced by a doughnut.
- This skin was inspired in a work of "2gold"
- She shares this theme with Caitlyn, Trundle and Volibear.
- This skin is a tribute to Valentine's Day of 2014.
- This skin has major influences in its design.
- Her design may be a possible reference to Crimson Viper from Street Fighter IV series.
- She shares this theme with Jayce, Galio and Ezreal.
- According to Lyte, the hermit in the Howling Abyss, Vi has a sister.
- Vi is partners with Caitlyn in Piltover's Sheriff's Department.
- Vi is also close friends with Jayce and Ezreal.
- Vi has an antagonistic relationship with Jinx referring to her as a pain in the neck, and obnoxious.
- Main Themes
|Vi's Theme - "Here Comes Vi"|
|She's such a misfit. Always ready to brawl|
It's like her business, roughing up your friends is the law
She's like a boomerang, who never gives up
Have you ever really wanted to be a total rebel flippin' tables on the enemy?
And as a matter of fact, the best bet one has is to quickly react
Have you ever really wanted to be a total rebel flippin' tables on the enemy?
- Related Themes