When defeated, Vilemaw will grant all living members of the killing team the buffwhich grants the ability to move through units, and also buffs nearby minions similarly to the buff.
Resembling that of an arachnid spider whose grotesque mass is furred and scabbed with wet, mutant growths. This unearthly horror is a monstrous creature that looms in the darkest pits beneath the Shadow Isles. Its true origin completely unknown, save for the assumption that the spider god is an irregular life-form not originally from the Isles.
Having great physical strength as well as magical, this entity has remained unscathed by the Black Mist, and even capable of dispelling it to some extent. With this Vilemaw has established its own dark domain upon the Isles and nesting thousands of spiderlings unhindered by haunting wraiths.
Centuries ago, Vilemaw was encountered upon by a loneseeking an artifact to restore her natural beauty.
Vilemaw has a powerful AoE conical pull attack and a stacking debuff that reduces your armor and magic resistance by 0.5 (estimate). The debuff caps at 60 stacks (total reduction is 30). Being hit by its melee basic attacks will apply one stack, while his long ranged attacks apply 4 stacks and his short ranged AoE slam attacks will apply 15 stacks.
- Vilemaw has an easter egg where if two champions dance in front of him, Vilemaw will dance along with them.
- The skeleton of a dragon can be seen near Vilemaw. It was confirmed to be the former most powerful neutral monster Andrew 'Tamat' Beegle in a forum post found here, but Christina 'kitae' Norman says that this is merely a tribute and not canon.
(the dragon on Twisted Treeline) by
- Another tribute to Ebonmaw is Vilemaw having the word "maw" in his name.
- The mythical spider god mentioned in here.
lore is Vilemaw, as confirmed by Kitae
- She however also said that as well as , Vilemaw is supremely more powerful in the actual lore than in the game, far more powerful than any champion - or a lot of champions - alone, much like an actual god.
- Vilemaw is based on , like the 's , Lakota's , Nordic Loptr "lofty one = flea > spider" 's epithet, etc.
- Despite being perceived as male, Vilemaw's body plan is peculiarly feminine, with robust abdomen & his two foremost front-limbs lacking the masculine to inseminate females.
- Upon defeat, Vilemaw doesn't simply die - instead, he retreats back into his lair in the background.
- This may be a reference to the giant spider, Shelob, from Lord of the Rings who, when defeated by Sam, crawls back into her cave and is never mentioned again.
- When you consume Vilemaw as Nunu you will get the Lizard buff. This is the only way to get the buff as Nunu on the Twisted Treeline.