|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Vladimir was designed by Colt 'Ezreal' Hallam.
- Vladimir is voiced by .
- One of Vladimir's basic abilities, Tides of Blood, is a reference to a previous Multiplayer Online Battle Arena(MOBA) game by the same name that was created as a custom map on Warcraft 3.
- Vladimir's name is inspired from , the 15th century wallachian Prince that later inspired Bram Stoker's .
- Vladimir was the second champion released in Season One, Xin Zhao being the first.
- Vladimir was one of the champions chosen for the Noxian pool available during the Ionia vs. Noxus match. He was one of the selected champions.
- According to Vladimir himself in the Journal of Justice, he does not directly drink blood, instead directly draining the life force out of his victims.
- Vladimir is one of the five champions who use health as a primary resource for casting spells. The other four champions are Aatrox, Dr. Mundo, Mordekaiser and Zac.
- Many of Vladimir's lines are plays on popular lines meant to reflect his vampiric attributes, such as "The clot thickens." instead of "The plot thickens."
- Vladimir's joke is a pun on the blood type B- and the phrase "be negative".
- Vladimir's quote "My cup is half empty" may mean that he is a .
- Blood Lord Vladimir's quote "Kneel before Vlad." is a reference to , a prominent villain from the comics.
- He is in reference to from .
- He is in reference to , the vampire from .
- He is in reference to the 1922 movie , the very first vampire motion picture ever made.
- Chinese Splash Art shows both Brand and Gragas on the other motorcycles behind him. In the American splash art, both Gragas and Brand are obscured, keeping them previously anonymous.
- This is the second non-comical legendary skin, the first one belonging to Tryndamere.
- He is voiced by Gavin Hammon who also voices Varus and Pantheon.
- His soul container is pretty similar to Thresh's lantern.
- The skin seems to be inspired by the theme used within the Shadow Isles.