- Playing As
- Warwick is a fantastic tower diver against one or two enemies. All of his abilities help him tower dive and get out of it safely.
- Playing Against
- Warwick is highly prone to being kited and locked down once he enters combat because his Blood Hunt does not grant its passive in combat. Abuse this since Warwick's only true gap closer is his ultimate.
- Unless your champion is a powerful dueler (Fiora, Irelia, Renekton, Riven, Yasuo, etc), to not attempt to fight Warwick 1v1 as he will certainly outsustain you and win in a long fight.
- When extremely low (below 20%), do not attempt to overstay under a tower alone because Warwick excels tremendously at tower diving low-health enemy champions. Simply return to base instead.
Tips, Tricks & Builds
- Ability Usage
- Eternal Hunger allows Warwick to be deceptively hard to kill if he can constantly land attacks.
- Jaws of the Beast can be held down to swing around the target, following them anywhere they go during the brief swing. Warwick will also be immune to CC and displacements during this time. This can allow Warwick to be unaffected by key enemy abilities such as Yasuo's Steel Tempest knock-up, or Azir's Emperor's Divide, among plenty other abilities. Mastering this ability is extremely important.
- Mastery Usage
- Warwick can benefit from a wide array of Keystone Masteries.
, , and are all viable on Warwick.
- possesses the best synergy with Warwick's abilities and should be the standard pick. Fervor will grant more damage to his and , in turn granting more healing. Both of these abilities also grant stacks (Two on every Q, six for a full R duration). His grants him massive attack speed against low-health enemies, which synergizes perfectly with this keystone.
- effective health of the shield. This keystone synergizes very well with E and R; when you to use to jump right into a cluster of enemy champions, you will immediately proc this keystone, granting a sizeable shield. Used in tandem with E, you will be able to withstand tremendous amounts of damage. Note that E can also proc this keystone. is best picked when you will be the team's primary tank or simply whish to withstand more hits when you enter teamfights, but at the expense of dealing less damage. This is best taken in conjunction with a tank build to maximize the
- is an extremely powerful keystone when playing top with a tank build. This keystone is very easy to trigger with Warwick as his kit promotes long fights. When ready, triggering this keystone with will deal a heavy chunk of damage and heal you for an equally substantial amount of health. This can allow Warwick to almost always win trades toplane.
- Warwick benefits a lot from as he is an extremely life-steal-heavy champion.
- is a very good mastery on Warwick because he benefits the most from drawn-out fights.
- synergizes very well with Warwick's .
- Item Usage
- Warwick has a very wide array of potential builds and potential roles to fill with those builds.
- In the jungle, is prefered over because Warwick already possesses ridiculous sustain in the jungle and his and benefit most from on-hit effects. For second starting item, should be taken if is planned to be purchased later on, while should be taken an upgraded as soon as possible if you find you have mana problems (though it is unadvised since Warwick shouldn't run into mana problems with any upgraded jungler item).
- and are both viable items to build. Take Skirmisher's Sabre when facing enemy champions that are equally as powerful in duels (Shyvana, Yi, Xin, Yasuo, etc). Take Stalker's Blade when facing enemies which are prone to escaping or wish to have an early-game method of reducing potential kiting against you. It is unadvised to take as the slow or damage reduction from the two other items are more valuable then wards, and already allows Warwick to tell enemy positions.
, , and are all viable enchantments.
- and have extremely similar results. Generally, Bloodrazor is best taken with Fervor of Battle and maxing first, to maximize your damage during long fights. On the other hand, Warrior is best taken when maxing first (with whichever keystone) as it will result in a lot more healing and shorter cooldowns.
- will not allow you to sustain in early-game fights or deal as much damage then the two other enchantments. However it will allow you to withstand a lot more damage, which might be required if you are the team's primary tank. It is unadvised to pick this without understanding your own team's requirement and the opposing team's strength.
- If taking Warwick into a lane, Corrupting Potion will help him sustain better and cover his early mana issues.
- is very helpful early-game to improve Warwick's lackluster AoE damage. This will help clear jungle camps a lot faster as well as large minion waves. If is taken as second item, then Tiamat can be taken even before upgrading the , as a full jungle clear should put you just are the right amount of gold to purchase Tiamat first. Upgrading them into either Ravenous Hydra or Titanic Hydra is viable, depending on the overall build.
- is an extremely strong item on Warwick as it grants him cooldown reduction, health, magic resist and increases all his healing by 25%. It is strongly advised to get this item unless the enemy team possesses no magic-damage champions.
- synergizes tremendously with Warwick's abilities and should always be at least considered. This item's on-hit will proc on both and (3 times) It will also allow passive to trigger a lot faster, allowing him to deal a lot more damage.
- It is advised to pick up some defensive items because Warwick will often be in the front-lines, sustaining a lot of damage, and cannot rely solely on to survive. movement speed boost or AoE slow are both very beneficial to Warwick. Pick one depending on the enemy team's composition (If they are crit-heavy, Randuin's Omen is strongly advised). can be a solid pick if they have strong AoE crowd-controls.
- Wit's End is potential a very strong item on Warwick as it allows him to steal Magic Resist, thus granting him some defense while his allowing his abilities to deal more damage. However, against a burst-heavy AP enemy team, it is best to pick Banshee's Veil over this item as this will not provide the necessary defenses.
- If you are above 50% health and suddenly see the red wolf-face icon above your champion, it means that Warwick has activated his W on you and will strong probably be coming for you (if the situation points to a gank, then it is most certainly going be). It is advised to back away or play very defensive for the duration.
- Although not practical, try remaining above 50% health so that Warwick cannot detect you.
- If you have an extremely low-health teammate but you remain healthy, try to setup an ambush against Warwick since he will most probably come for that teammate. Remember, he is highly kitable.
- Warwick cannot be stopped while mid-air during his ultimate, but can be CC'd out of his suppress. Try to save any hard Crowd Control (stuns, silences, knockup, etc) for this moment to save teammates.
- It is also advisable to save any hard Crowd Control for the moment that you or a teammate and Warwick falls below 50% HP, because it is at this time that Warwick is the strongest. If he cannot attack during this period, he cannot benefit from most his abilities.