Well Soterios, the Hydrosoul is a canceled League of Legends Champion.
Soterios gathered men and would toss them below the thrashing waves until water filled the poor soul's lungs and he was rendered unconscious. Soterios would then proceed to then Rebirth the lost man by bringing him back to shore, and pressing his holy hands upon the victim's chest until he was brought back choking and coughing, reborn into the world as acolytes to the High Priest.
For years Soterios conducted his Rituals of Rebirth unchallenged. Grown fanatical in his success with the Rituals, Soterios was sure in his belief that his own Rebirth would result in a divine transformation of his body, elevating him to an even higher level of power.
At a command from Soterios, his acolytes lowered the High Priest into the cold, dark sea. Unfortunately, his Rebirth did not go as planned and as water filled his lungs, the dying High Priest made one last plea to the higher powers. Reborn by the Immortals, he renamed himself Well, the Hydrosoul, and lives only to do their bidding.
A post in the Turkish forums requested for an 'all water using character' and asked if Riot had the technology for the effects. Since then there were no following announcements or related posts, which turned Well into nothing more than a rumor. However, despite files for both his visuals and abilities being found in the beta files, Colt 'Ezreal' Hallam eventually confirmed Well was effectively canceled.
- Data extracted from the game files
- Soothing Aura
- Passive: Well emanates soothing waves of energy that refresh nearby friendly units.
- Mana gained by nearby allied units per second: 0.5 / 0.6 / 0.7 / 0.8 / 0.9
- Well's lore is incredibly similar to Damphair's, a character from George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire book series, who worships an entity called 'the Drowned God' and 'baptizes' others by holding them underwater and then resuscitating them afterwards.
- The icon for Vortex used to be original icon for the Crest of Crushing Wrath, which used to be obtained by slaying the now removed Ebonmaw on pre-update Twisted Treeline.
- The icon for Typhoon used to be original icon for the now removed Crest of Flowing Water buff, which used to be obtained by slaying the now removed Ghast on pre-update Twisted Treeline.