"A snake without its fangs is like a man at wit's end"
+42% attack speed|
+25 magic resistance
Unique: Basic attacks deal 42 bonus magic damage on hit.Unique: Basic attacks increase your magic resistance by 5 for 5 seconds and reduce the target's magic resistance by 5 on hit (stacks up to 5 times).
Attack > Attack Speed|
Defense > Magic Resist
|Item cost||2400g (700g)|
Cost Analysis Edit
- 5 magic resist = 100g
- Total Gold Value = 100g
Total Gold Value (Fully Stacked) = 2400g
- The on-hit damage and magic resistance reduction must have a combined value of at least 500g for to be gold efficient.
- Alternatively, is just barely gold efficient at five stacks.
Similar Items Edit
- It is an exceptionally helpful item on physical damage dealers when fighting against champions with low magic resistance.
- It's also highly useful on frequent auto-attackers against champions with high magic damage, since at max stacks it gives as much magic resist as items such as the while not sacrificing a slot purely for a defensive item. Bear in mind, though, that this will be less effective against burst casters who can execute their combos before you can achieve max stacks through auto attacks.
- It's also a great item on tanks that rely on attackspeed or have on hit effects, as it greatly bolsters their magic resistance, and the time it takes to steal it, doesn't matter as much, due to them being tanky anyway. tanks that work well with this include volibear and Shen.
- is a strong counter to , as it not only provides the user an on-hit effect with their auto-attacks that ignores 's passive, but it also provide magic resistance that reduces the incoming magic damage from 's passive. also increases the user's magic resistance per auto-attack and reduces the enemy's magic resistance, thus allowing the user to deal more damage with on-hit passive than what can reflect back.
- Considering the item's name, the 42% attack speed bonus and 42 magic damage on hit probably is a reference to where 42 is the number that signifies "The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything".