Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
is gold efficient, without stacks.
- Wit's End's gold efficiency is further increased by per stack, up to a maximum of gold efficiency at full stacks.
- Irelia (Howling Abyss). is listed as an essential item on:
- Wit's End is listed as an offensive item on: Cho'Gath, Dr. Mundo (Crystal Scar, Howling Abyss, Twisted Treeline), Irelia (Crystal Scar, Twisted Treeline), Skarner, and Warwick.
- magic damage and physical damage, such as Shyvana or Kog'Maw, in order to both decrease the enemy's magic resistance as well as deal more damage against champions with high armor by dealing additional magic damage. is often most useful on auto-attack reliant, mixed damage dealers who deal both
- While Wit's End is very useful when fighting against tanks with high magic resistance, it can also be very useful against champions with particularly low magic resistance as well. Most ranged champions do not receive additional MR per level; provided that they do not have any magic resistance in their runes or masteries, Wit's End will reduce their magic resistance to a mere 5 points.
- Wit's End is also highly useful on frequent auto-attackers against champions with high magic damage, since it can give its owner up to a total of +65 magic resistance while not sacrificing an item slot solely for a defensive item.
- Wit's End is viable on bruisers and tanks who rely on their auto-attacks to deal damage, such as Warwick and Aatrox, as it not only increases their damage output but also greatly bolsters their magic resistance.
- Auto-attack reliant champions who lack attack damage scalings such as Udyr's Phoenix Stance often find the 40 on-hit damage roughly equivalent to having AD, resulting in 40 × 36 = 1440 value worth of "attack damage".
- In the same vein, auto-attack reliant champions who predominantly deal magic damage such as Teemo can think of the magic resistance stolen by Wit's End as magic penetration, resulting in 186.65 —933.25 (37.33 per 1 magic penetration) based upon the number of Wit's End stacks.
- Wit's End is a strong counter to , as it not only provides the user an on-hit effect that ignores passive, but its magic resistance also reduces the incoming magic damage from passive. Depending on the opponent's magic resistance, Wit's End's on-hit passive can deal more damage than what reflects back.
- Wit's End's stacks affect two things—increasing your magic resistance and decreasing the target's magic resistance. However, the MR reduction only applies to one target at a time, resetting to one whenever a new target is attacked. is an exception; as long as the target is still being directly or indirectly attacked, they will continue to suffer the MR reductions.
- Wit's End's additional on-hit damage does not apply to structures.
- Before an update, Wit's End gave 42 on-hit magic damage and attack speed. Considering the item's name, this was probably a reference to , where 42 is the answer to "the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything".