|Champion||Ability Details||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Xerath was designed by Volty with RiotRunaan and Ironstylus providing his original creative concept and art, respectively.
- Xerath is voiced by .
- Xerath is currently being reworked by Alexander "Xelnath" Brazie, the status of his upcoming kit can be found here.
- Xerath is currently the only entity presented as (nearly) omnipotent in the League of Legends universe.
- Xerath will move to the last move-command after destroying the Nexus, when his Locus of Power spell duration ends.
- Xerath was indirectly referenced in the Journal of Justice prior to his release.
- When Xerath dies his body quickly becomes unstable and overly shiny, just to blow up a moment later, much like a nuclear-powered machine.
- Xerath's dance is known as "industrial dancing", which is evident in the song Pong by Eisenfunk. A comparison can be seen here.
- Xerath himself can be seen when he performs his taunt, as he disarms his parts a person made of pure energy or electricity can be briefly seen.
- What covers him are actually parts of his prison that are still bound to him.
- When he dies this "person" disappears, what remains on the ground are the shattered remains of this prison.
- It's likely that that form was his actual look before he got locked away.
- There's an interesting mechanic that can be seen with his Classic, Battlecast, and Runeborn skins. When an enemy is hit with Arcanopulse, they leave behind a purple ball, revealing them. The Scorched Earth skin does not seem to have this.
- The rune that Xerath has in his chest is the same as the one seen in Maokai ´s ultimate, probably a common magical rune.
- Xerath seems to be cocky about his position as an ascendent being, reminding the summoners that he is ageless and all-mighty and seems to despise normal creatures, considering them fragile and weak.
- Some speculate that Xerath is ambidextrous as he uses both left and right hands for different attacks and abilities, unlike most champions who almost always use the right one.
- From the lore, many people believed that Xerath was going to be Alowicious Chucat, a master artificer who died working on the . This was disproved with the release of Xerath's backstory.
- Xerath is, along with Caitlyn, Lissandra, Rumble, Varus, Vi, Zac and Ziggs, one of the few champions that can CC themselves.
- Xerath's appearance may be a reference to ' , which are also beings of pure energy.
- In his classic skin Xerath is shown breaking from a cage and destroying several chains , this is the sarcophagus mentioned on his lore and is the moment in which he escaped from it.
- In Xerath's champion spotlight, Battlecast Xerath was called "Lockdown Xerath" and Runeborn Xerath was called "Runeforge Xerath".
- Due to the community's popular demand, both of Xerath's skins were reworked. They both received new particle effects and colors due to them being too similar to the Classic skin before the rework. Battlecast Xerath has red particles and Runeborn Xerath has green particles.
- Scorched Earth Xerath might be a reference to the military doctrine of Scorched Earth, in which anything deemed useful to the enemy is destroyed.
- Scorched Earth Xerath's appearance and armor bears a similarity to Pyroviles, a volcanic alien species featuring in the fourth series of Doctor Who - "The Fires of Pompeii" episode. The Skin's splash art features a volcano in the backround that shares a resemblence to Vesuvius.
- If Mordekaiser's ultimate, Children of the Grave, is on Xerath when he dies, the neon coloration of the skin will still be on the ghost. Classic skin will be blue, Battlecast will be red, Runeborn will be green, and Scorched Earth will have a lava texture, this is entirely unique for Xerath as all other champions lose all color and become grey and transparent while they are ghosts.
- According to the League of Legends beta site, Xerath is Cassiopeia and Renekton's friend.
- Acording to Ryze, Xerath is an "Abomination of a mage" and that his hold over the magical powers he wields is "feeble".
Art spotlight EditXerath Art Spotlight(06:43)