|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Battle Cry's passive heals Xin Zhao every three attacks, allowing him to sustain himself in lane for a while by autoattacking minion waves and turrets. Doing so for extended periods however will push your lane, so watch out for gank attempts.
- You can reduce Crescent Sweep's cooldown faster by spamming Three Talon Strike. However do take care of the mana cost early game, as you can easily run out of mana for a fight by continuously spamming Three Talon Strike too much.
- Three Talon Strike resets the attack timer, so getting one basic attack off, then using the ability will yield a greater DPS.
- The attack speed granted by Battle Cry is great for taking down turrets and minion waves, whilst also being extremely effective while jungling.
- Audacious Charge does magic damage and slows enemies surrounding the target; you can use that to your advantage by charging a nearby enemy in order to slow another just outside its range. This ability will also pop (or similar spell shields) on any of the affected targets which is extremely useful if your team has an incoming area of effect disable.
- Try using Crescent Sweep where it will hit the most enemy champions. It will not only deal more damage, but greatly increase the armor and magic resistance bonus.
- Xin Zhao is a great initiator. Lunge at a target with Audacious Charge and use Crescent Sweep to do the most damage possible. If you can cast it while in the midst of the enemy team, it will also grant Xin Zhao a large amount of armor and magic resistance to survive in the fray.
- To further increase the effectiveness of the initiation, try and aim your attacks specifically at a high value target such as the opposing carry before using Crescent Sweep as this will cause them to be Challenged, reducing their armor, separating them from their teammates and marking them for your allies.
- Xin Zhao is an formidable ambush ganker. Battle Cry and Three Talon Strike make it very hard to immediately escape from him and deals high initial damage, and Audacious Charge makes it so that even targets with escapes can be chased effectively.
- Xin Zhao is very good at tower diving enemy champions who are low on health, even at low levels; a combination of Crescent Sweep, Three Talon Strike and Battle Cry can grant you enough defense to survive the tower hits and damage to quickly slay your opponent.
- Audacious Charge slows the enemy enough to be able to land your Three Talon Strike with almost complete success if they have no blink or dash ability, guaranteeing the knock up.
- Xin Zhao is a good jungler with Battle Cry's passive effect and a great ganker with Audacious Charge and Three Talon Strike after finishing his jungle route.
- The best time to gank is when the enemy champion has recently used all their escape summoner spells such as Ghost and Flash (or abilities such as Arcane Shift or Rocket Jump).
- It is best not to use all your crowd control at once, time each of your crowd control abilities with your ally allowing an easy kill when your enemy gets out of melee range you can then Audacious Charge to ensure your kill.
- Crescent Sweep can assist in ganks by knocking enemies back towards your allies, but be sure that you are both in front of them and do not currently have your target Challenged before you do so.
- Audacious Charge can be used to escape ganks on some occasions by targeting a minion or a champion along your escape route. Combined with Flash, this can allow Xin Zhao to escape most unfavorable fights. Use it on an enemy across a wall for a clean escape (e.g.: throw ward across small golems wall, then dash to golems, when they flash in or come around, flash is still available for use)
- Crescent Sweep can be used to knock enemies away from you when trying to escape.
- Battle Cry's and Three Talon Strike can kill a tower very quickly in late game, as long as there are enough minions around to keep it from targeting Xin Zhao. However, if building AP, Xin Zhao's heal lets him sustain from tower attacks even without minions around him.
- Xin Zhao is a natural fighter with a strong reliance on autoattacks and an excellent attack speed steroid; consequently, items that grant attack damage, such as , work well with him. Despite having a large attack speed steroid it is generally accepted that a Blade of the Ruined King is a better item for him than a Bloodthirster because he is highly auto attack dependent.
- Attack speed items like allow Xin Zhao to heal from the passive on Battle Cry more often, increasing his survivability, and triggers the knock-up from Three Talon Strike more quickly.
- If you're in need of some Magic Resistance, Wit's End is a very good item for him.
- Items that offer attack damage and attack speed together are excellent choices for Xin Zhao.
- armor reduction along with Challenge can grant Xin Zhao massive armor shredding power against squishy targets. passive
- armor. Note that armor reduction from his Challenge passive applies before armor penetration calculations are taken into account. also works well with his innate if the enemy team has stacked a lot of
- Xin Zhao. The attack damage of the item increases his overall DPS, the ability power increases the healing from Battle Cry's passive, and he benefits well from the attack speed, movement speed and procs. His high base attack damage mean he can also proc for massive damage. is an especially useful item to
- Purchasing BotRK, Trinity Force, and Zephyr at the same time, along with Battle Cry's active, will grant enough attack speed to almost reach the 2.5 cap.
- Xin Zhao to be more tanky. Using Crescent Sweep at the start of a fight will increase your armor and magic resistance, which can increase the duration of active. allows
- In the jungle Xin Zhao can get either warrior enchant or devourer enchant based on what his team needs. If he needs to be a stronger early game champion because his team comp scales better into the late game warrior is usually the better item. If his team comp is full of early game champions he should get devourer to scale for his team. Getting Devourer enchantment doesn't hurt him as much as other champions if you can clear quickly because of his strong early game.
- A Spirit Visage is essential on a bruiser Xin Zhao build due to the healing on his W.
- health item for Xin Zhao, and the 40% slow is extremely helpful in preventing your target from kiting you. is an excellent
- Cooldown reduction and attack speed items are doubly effective on Xin Zhao due to the flat CDR on Three Talon Strike. This means that items like and synergize well with him.
- is a great item to increase survivability, as the damage and health steal can be enough to keep Xin Zhao alive during heated fights, especially if there are enough minions around for him to feed on.
- An AP build can also work on Xin Zhao, due to the AP ratio on his Battle Cry. With sufficient AP, Xin Zhao can heal itself for tons of HP on every third auto-attack. works well with this build due to providing on-hit magic damage that also has synergy with Battle Cry.
- Audacious Charge also scales with AP, allowing Xin Zhao to deal good burst, especially if he buys .
- By going AP, Xin Zhao has excellent sustain and can often 1x1 even towers by late-game. But since he is melee, Xin Zhao may still have to build some tanky items, such as Randuin's Omen or .
- Starting items: , x4 OR , x5
- Skill progression: Battle Cry→ Audacious Charge → Three Talon Strike → Audacious Charge (You can start with W for Sustain/Attack speed or E for AoE Damage on the jungle.)
- Jungling order: Ancient Golem (Leash) → Wolves → Wraiths → Double Golems → Lizard Elder (Smite) → Wraiths → Gank
- OR Lizard Elder (Leash) → Wraiths→ Double Golems → Wraiths → Wolves → Ancient Golem (Smite) → Gank
- Level 2 gank: Wraiths → Lizard Elder (Smite) → Gank (level up Three Talon Strike and Audacious Charge in this case)
- Xin Zhao is very vulnerable to kiting when his Audacious Charge is on cooldown.
- Try to CC Xin Zhao when he is attacking you or your ally, The crowd control effect can turn the tide of the battle to your allies favor.
- Build armor items to mitigate his damage as Xin Zhao mainly deals physical damage.
- When engaging Xin Zhao, Try to split with your allies to reduce the armor and magic resistance he will get from his Crescent Sweep.
- Xin Zhao, since it reduces damage through armor,and reduces his attack speed, which is central to his damage output.
is a great counter to
- Life steal. is a great alternative, however do remember that he can heal himself through the damage if he has
- Avoid stacking health without armor as Crescent Sweep deals physical damage based on your current health.
- Stay with your allies when fighting Xin Zhao, he can only knock up one target at a time.