Make sure to stock up on some Poro-snax as we vote, discuss and recap all the things that happened this year in League.
|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Xin Zhao was designed by Geeves.
- Xin Zhao was released concurrently with Season One.
- Xin Zhao is voiced by .
- Xin Zhao has one of the longest base auto attack ranges out of all the melee champions, tied with Jarvan IV, Wukong, Fizz, Nautilus, Hecarim, and Yasuo.
- In the Chinese version of the game, Xin Zhao's name is rendered as Zhao Xin (赵信), as Chinese names are written with their family name first. In Traditional Chinese and in Japanese, the name would be written as 趙信, while being pronounced as "Choushin" via on'yomi.
- His name Xin (信) means "faith" or "trust" in Chinese.
- "Zhao" in Chinese is a unique character, only usable as a last name. However, it is mainly due to being written in Simplified Chinese. The Traditional version of the character is written as 趙, which can also be used in Japanese, which literally means "nimble".
- He shares the family name of (赵云), a famous general during the Three Kingdoms Era and a friend of Liu Bei. Like Yun, he uses a spear as weapon.
- He may also be named after , a Han general.
- Xin Zhao is the only champion that references Asian culture but does not belong to Ionia.
- Xin Zhao's joke is a reference to the question, "What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?" This in turn is a reference to the Chinese word Maodun, 矛盾 (lit. spear and shield) which means "Contradiction".
- In the French version of the game, Xin Zhao's /joke is different. It is a reference to of comic book series.
- In the German version of the game, Xin Zhao's /joke translates to: "Find me an immovable object, so that I can bury you under it!"
- In the Italian version of the game, Xin Zhao's /joke is different, and can be translated to "Give me a spear, and i'll move the world"; it is a reference to Archimedes, the ancient greek physicist.
- It is likely a reference to the famed Chinese general , whom Xin Zhao shares many characteristics with.
- It is a reference to his time as a gladiator fighting in the Noxian arena, The Fleshing.
- He shares this theme with Jax and Draven.
- It is a commemorative skin created to celebrate the launch of League of Legend's Polish servers.
- were a type of cavalry fielded by Poland, and later by the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth in the XVI and XVII century. They were famed for their deadly charges.
- It is a homage to design of from , a game based on .
- Coincidentally, Richard Epcar, Xin Zhao's voice actor, has done a few roles in the Koei Warriors franchise, namely Shingen Takeda in the first Samurai Warriors game and its expansion, but more so Dong Zhuo ever since Dynasty Warriors 4.
- He shares this theme with Jarvan IV and Tryndamere, with all three referenced characters being featured in the Koei Warriors franchise.
- Xin Zhao was saved from Noxian imprisonment by Jarvan IV grandfather, Jarvan Lightshield the Second.