- Yasuo is voiced by Liam O'Brien.
- The flute Yasuo plays in his dance emote is most likely a ( for High Noon, for PROJECT).
- Yasuo's sword's length is about 's or even 's; however, he wears it cutting edge up like the shorter .
- Yasuo comes from the Japanese masculine
, rendered as 康夫 "peaceful man" in Japanese localization.
- Yasuo is not his birth name, but was to him when he joined the sword school in an effort to steady his wild nature.
- Since his brother is named Yone 米 "rice", Yasuo's birth name might be likewise mundane (e.g. 's adult name 鴨 means "duck").
- doubled critical strike chance references Samurai gameplay portrayals in video games, or any high damage-based role meant to deal burst damage to the opposition.
- Yasuo and each speak a different Ancient Ionian dialect (possibly two unrelated ancient languages in Ionia, given the lack of sound correspondences & cognates; Yasuo's sounds like broken Japanese and references )
- "No cure for fools" might be referencing Yojimbo by .
- " references ? No, I wouldn't".
- "Nice... sword... might be referencing ?"'Pro as heck guide to Master Yi'.
- "Ninjas... I hate those guys" resembles .
- "A wanderer isn't always lost" resembles and (all reference by )
- [ |
- Some of his interactions to his counterpart skin, , have references to two poems written by the British aristocrat & poet [ | .
- His kill quotes towards , [ |"Long, long shall I rue thee, too deeply to tell." and "Pale grew thy cheek, and cold.", as well as his taunt to her, -- [ | [ | are from the poem When We Two Parted by Lord Byron.
- taunt and his response, [ |-- [ | [ | is from another poem by Lord Byron entitled So We'll Go No More A Roving.
- [ |
- He references and resembles
and/or from via his iconic ponytail design shared with individuals, where in the former's case it is usually a case of a common design for him in fictional media.
- Haoumaru himself of course, is also based on Miyamoto Musashi as well. Another note of his is how his in the Chinese servers is written/dubbed as 斬鋼閃 (Zhǎngāngshǎn, lit. Slashing Steel Flash), which when read in Japanese with the same characters (Zankousen) is exactly the same name as one of Haoumaru's attacks.
- Yasuo's taunt in most of his skins (save for Nightbringer) involves him drinking from his bamboo flask, then spitting on his blade to "bless it", a habit that's also shared by Haoumaru in his home series' battle intros.
- [ |
- He references a with his harmonica.
- He wields a -styled Japanese blade.
- He shares this theme with and [ |. [ |
- [ |
- He is from an alternate future in which he was cybernetically augmented as part of the PROJECT Initiative.
- describes him as:
- "Tempest, a blossom caught in drift, fluid form. He speaks. 'Death is like the wind'... he is a storm, blade howling... 'always by my side'... the eternal wanderer."
- If one tells they fight for [ |'truth' she'll say the following:
- "We're on the right path."
- His gear includes:
- He was originally convinced as 'Cyber Ops Yasuo'.
- He references and/Samuel Rodrigues or , all from the series. The last was further referenced in Yasuo's recall animation pose that is similar to Raiden's when he battled Vamp's robots in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, where he holsters his blade by the pommel underneath his foot.
- He has one less basic attack animation compared to his other skins, and all three basic attack animations are different from all other skins despite the same animations on all non-recall animations (barring Nightbringer Yasuo).
- His voice loses the sound effects and his face can be seen when he jokes, taunts, or dances, where it is shown as normal without any altercations unlike with the other PROJECT skins.
- His sword blade turns olive-yellow while bonus armor penetration is active, as opposed to a subtle aura covering his sword.
- In this skin, he drinks from a fuel-container which may contain a substance suitable for cyborgs.
- He shares this theme with , [ |, [ |, [ |, [ |, [ |, [ |, and [ |. [ |
- [ |
- He was conceived by 'daemonstar'.
- The mask he is wearing references the ones used in Japanese theater.
- He shares this theme with , [ |, [ |, [ |, [ |, [ |, [ |, [ |, [ |, and [ |. [ |
- The flask he normally drinks from is instead turned into a gourd in this skin; despite wearing a mask in this skin like with PROJECT: Yasuo, Yasuo does not remove it during his taunt to drink.
- [ |
- During the development period, the skin was called "Demonblade Yasuo".
- He shares this theme with . [ |
- He resembles Nightmare from Soulcalibur.
- The flask he normally drinks from is instead turned into a potion vial in this skin.
- He's probably inspired by various in world's mythology.
- Yasuo is an Ionian swordsman accused of treason for allegedly murdering an Elder. He is being hunted down across the island continent the killer employed a wind technique, one that only Yasuo has mastered in the present day.
- He crossed paths with Shuriman stone mage how to control her powers. When they parted ways, she gifted him a long thread from her handspun wool tunic (the same one he uses to tie his hair up) while on the run, teaching the
- Yasuo suspects of being the Elder's killer ("Wait, that ... huh", "Huh, swift strikes... ", "Another blade?", "Who taught you ?")