- Yasuo is voiced by Liam O'Brien, who also voiced Illidan Stormrage in World of Warcraft, Gollum in Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, and War in Darksiders 1.
- The flute Yasuo plays in his dance emote is most likely a ( for High Noon, for PROJECT).
- The type of Japanese blade Yasuo uses length-wise is akin to a tachi or nodachi.
- Yasuo comes from the eponymous Japanese masculine
and is respectively rendered 康夫 and 亚索 in Japanese and Chinese localizations.
- 'Yasuo' is not his birth name (was given to him when he joined the sword school in an effort to steady his wild nature).
- doubled critical strike chance references Samurai gameplay portrayals in video games.
- Yasuo's design is a possible reference to Haoumaru of Samurai Shodown, whom in turn is based on famous samurai Miyamoto Musashi via the iconic ponytail used in his portrayals.
- Another note of his is how his in the Chinese servers is written/dubbed as 斬鋼閃 (Zhǎngāngshǎn, lit. Slashing Steel Flash), which when read in Japanese with the same characters (Zankousen) is the exact same name as one of Haoumaru's attacks.
- Yasuo's taunt involves him drinking from his bamboo flask, then spitting on his blade to "bless it", a habit that's also shared by Haoumaru in his home series' fighting intros.
- Yasuo and each speak a different Ancient Ionian dialect (Yasuo's sounds like broken Japanese and references )
- "No cure for fools" might be referencing Yojimbo by .
- " references ? No, I wouldn't".
- "Nice... sword... might be referencing ?"'Pro as heck guide to Master Yi'.
- "Ninjas... I hate those guys" resembles .
- "A wanderer isn't always lost" resembles and (all reference by )
- [ |
- He references and resembles and/or from .
- [ |
- He references a .
- He wields a .
- He shares this theme with [ | and [ | .
- [ |
- He is from an alternate future in which he was cibernetically augmented as part of the PROJECT Initiative.
[ | describes him as:
- "Tempest, a blossom caught in drift, fluid form. He speaks. 'Death is like the wind'... he is a storm, blade howling... 'always by my side'... the eternal wanderer."
- If one tells 'truth' she'll say the following:
[ | they fight for
- "We're on the right path."
- His gear includes:
- He used to be called 'Cyber Ops Yasuo'.
- He references and/Samuel Rodrigues or (All from ). The last was further referenced in Yasuo's recall animation pose that is similar to Raiden's when he battled Vamp's robots in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.
- He has one less basic attack animation compared to his other skins, and all three basic attack animations are different from all other skins despite the same animations on all non-recall animations.
- His voice loses the sound effects and his face can be seen when he jokes, taunts, or dances.
- His sword blade turns olive-yellow while bonus armor penetration is active, as opposed to a subtle aura covering his sword.
- He shares this theme with [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , and [ | .
- [ |
- He was conceived by 'daemonstar'.
- The mask he is wearing references the ones used in Japanese theater.
- He shares this theme with [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , and [ | .
- Yasuo is an Ionian swordsman accused of treason for allegedly murdering an Elder. He is being hunted down across the island continent the killer employed a wind technique, one that only Yasuo has mastered in the present day.
- He crossed paths with Shuriman stone mage how to control her powers. When they parted ways, she gifted him a long thread from her handspun wool tunic (the same one he uses to tie his hair up) while on the run, teaching the
- Yasuo suspects of being the Elder's killer ("Wait, that ... huh", "Huh, swift strikes... ", "Another blade?", "Who taught you ?")