- Playing As Yorick
- You do not need to cast Awakening to regain the ability to cast Last Rites.
- The Maiden will attempt to assist you in a fight, so choose your targets well.
- You can send the Maiden down a lane alone, be careful though, as she represents a large portion of your combat power. Use this tactic if you need to peel off someone from the enemy team and generate a teamfight advantage with the lane pressure.
- Playing Against Yorick
- You can cast Mist Walkers and the Maiden of the Mist to damage or kill them. on
- Try to thin out Yorick's minions before you engage him, Mist Walkers will die from a basic attack or a single target spell.
- You can attack Dark Procession to break the wall down. But Champions with dashes and teleports are more easily able to escape.
- Champions with the ability to traverse the map quickly (such as Quinn) or have some form of global mobility ( Shen or Twisted Fate) can easily shut down attempts to split push with the Maiden and quickly return to the team.
- Ability Usage
- During the laning phase, do not engage before level two. This is because Mist Walkers will have a hard time reaching your lane opponent without Mourning Mist and they also might get distracted by minions.
- Mourning Mist is a great tool to engage on an enemy, because it marks the target and allows Mist Walkers to jump on them from range (the jump prioritizes champions).
- Remember that graves will never disappear if you stay within range of them, so it is better to prepare 4 graves to engage on the enemy laner for maximum damage.
- If you manage to land Dark Procession on the enemy laner, Mist Walkers will deal significantly more damage because the enemy can't escape them.
- Eulogy of the Isles is a great tool for split pushing, because you don't have to be close to the Maiden to keep her alive. This means that you can be with your team during a teamfight while putting pressure on another lane.
- Keep in mind that all units that die near the Maiden become Mist Walkers. You don't have to worry about running out of Mist Walkers to push the lane.
- When jungling, Mist Walkers and the Maiden will follow you from camp to camp. Getting an early set of graves from your first camps to spawn Mist Walkers will greatly reduce your clear times. But if you fight in lane and enemy minions are still around, they will likely continue to push the lane instead of follow you back into the jungle.
- With a group of Mist Walkers, Yorick is able to solo dragon easily and quickly. When facing against a jungle Yorick, try and keep vision of the dragon pit to spot when he's trying to solo dragon.
- Mastery Usage
- Item Usage