- Due to David 'Phreak' Turley being delayed on a flight back from (Sweden) Yorick became the first champion to be released before his 'Champion Spotlight'.
- Yorick's ability names are references to the .
- Yorick was named after  the latter from Celtic & cognate with Latin rex.
from by , from Proto-Germanic *gawi "region" (cf. German Gau & English yeoman) & *riks "king",
- His surname Mori references the Latin phrase "be mindful of dying", befitting his association with death and lost souls.
- In the EUW Spanish champion insights it's revealed that the Maiden of the Mist name is Hermenegilda, from Germanic Ermingildis, from Proto-Germanic *ermunaz "great, strong, whole" & *gulþan "gold".
- His current weapon is based on the Chinese .
- Several can be seen in his splash art.
- He references
- He plays the intro for Lightbringer on his bass while dancing.
- He shares this theme with:
- Yorick was able to 'survive' of the Blessed Isles by way of a vial filled with the Isles' subterranean holy water, allowing him to preserve a fragment of his humanity. He plans to destroy the undead by .
- Pentakill so they would and the whole of Runeterra with their music. embarked on a metal-fueled journey to recruit , Yorick, , and in order to form