- Due to David 'Phreak' Turley being delayed on a flight back from (Sweden) Yorick became the first champion to be released before his 'Champion Spotlight'.
- Yorick was named after
from by . Ultimately, his name comes from ancient Greek Γεώργιος 'farmer,' literally 'earth-worker.'
- His full name (Yorick Mori) references (Latin: 'remember that you have to die') referencing his gravedigging and reanimation of lost souls.
- In the EUW Spanish champion insights it's revealed that the Maiden of the Mist name is Hermenegilda (Hilda for her friends).
- Both altars call Yorick 'Gravedigger' (his pre-relaunch title)
- [ |
- He references a .
- His mask might be referencing used to create and in .
- He shares this theme with
[ | , [ | , and [ | .
- These skins came out around the time Dark Souls III was released. As the imagery of these skins are somewhat similar found in the Dark Souls franchise.
- [ |
- He references
- He plays the intro for Lightbringer on his bass while dancing.
- He shares this theme with [ | , [ | , [ | , and [ | .
- Yorick was able to 'survive' of the Blessed Isles by way of a vial filled with the Isles' subterranean holy water, allowing him to preserve a fragment of his humanity. He plans to destroy the undead by .
- Pentakill so they would and the whole of Runeterra with their music.  embarked on a metal-fueled journey to recruit , Yorick, , and in order to form