|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Yorick was designed by Coronach.
- Yorick's is from 's play , in which Yorick is a deceased court jester whose skull is exhumed by a gravedigger.
- Yorick's ability names are references to the .
- Yorick is currently being reworked by Alexander "Xelnath" Brazie, the status of his upcoming kit can be found here
- Yorick and Poppy are currently the only two champions removed from the free champion rotation
- Yorick is currently the only champion to have been removed from the free champion rotation but not the sale rotation
- In his splash art, Yorick stands on a tomb with "MORI" engraved. Mori is Yorick's family's surname, and has meanings relating to death or dying in several languages.
- " " is a Latin phrase that was mostly used in medieval Europe that means "Remember, thou art mortal". It is the most common phrase that uses the word "mori".
- His quote "You will remember Yorick Mori." is a clear reference to the very same phrase.
- Yorick is the first champion to be released before his champion spotlight, mainly due to Phreak being delayed on a flight back from in Sweden.
- Yorick has one of the most varied skillsets in the game, with an auto-attack modifier, a ground targeted AoE, an enemy targeted instant-cast and an allied targeted instant-cast. Among these are both controllable and incontrollable pets.
- Yorick and Shaco are the only champions to have both Automatic and Controllable pets.
- Yorick is one of the five champions to have abilities which allow them to continue to attack after death. Yorick's ability being Omen of Death and the others being Karthus's Death Defied, Kog'Maw's Icathian Surprise, Sion's Glory in Death, and Zyra's Rise of the Thorns.
- However, Yorick is the only champion to have his ability to reanimate after death not be his passive.
- Yorick's ghost is temporarily coded as a champion, so killing it would count as a champion kill. This only works however if the real champion has already died.
- Yorick's job as a ferryman for the Shadow Isles's undead denizens is a reference to the Psychopomp who are creatures, spirits, angels, or deities in many religions whose responsibility is to escort newly deceased souls to the afterlife.
- Yorick represents Sloth as one of the .
- The West Altar's quote "Alas, poor Yorick" is a reference to Shakespeare's play "Hamlet"
- Yorick's quote at champion select "Death is only the beginning" is a reference to lord Blackwood during his execution from the movie "Sherlock Holmes (2009)"
- The East Altar's quote "Bring out your dead!" is a reference to the corpse-carts from the time of the Black Plague, made famous by Monty Python's film "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".
- Yorick shares a quote with Infernal Nasus, "I will bury you alive."
- It is a reference to a , a professional in the business of funeral rites.
- The skin itself is heavily modeled after , the former guitarist of .
- The skin changes his dance, as he does not spin his weapon during the dance, but rather lifts his hand up and makes a sign with his hand (The same hand sign the ghoul makes in his Pentakill splash art).
- Yorick shares this theme with Mordekaiser, Karthus, Sona and Olaf.
- Yorick serves as a ferryman for the Shadow Isles's undead denizens, helping them climb death's many-tiered ladder.
- Yorick was first sighted near a Demacian town near Bubbling Bog, prior Mordekaiser stated that a new Pentakill member is coming.
- Yorick is a member of the Pentakill (Band), along with Olaf, Karthus, Mordekaiser and Sona. According to the Journal of Justice, the metal band is successful across Valoran.